Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My grades have 100 extra points when they migrate from Canvas to PS.  It doesn't bother me, but I'm a tech coach, and I have a teacher that would like to turn that off.  Is there any way to turn this feature off?#sync to powerschool‌

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to make a discussion question private to where students cannot see each others replies?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I insert a photo from my Google Doc to my Canvas Homepage?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've messed with all of the settings I can, but since last week, newly published assignments aren't showing in the gradebook for one of my two courses. The other course is operating just fine. So with the task list function removed for now, the only ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor and use Canvas Elsevier. I want to use Kaltura videos within my lectures and announcements but the "my media" bottom is not on my canvas. Is it possible to use Kaltura on Canvas Elsevier?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I go back and edit the due date on an assigned quiz? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to add a screenshot (Mac) into a quiz. I'm using command v to do it. However, I get an error message saying the question is too long. It's a small screenshot. Where am I going wrong? Thanks very much. I hope you are all well.This is the screen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been having issue with NearPod integrated assignments not showing as complete for select students on their gradebook/Speed Grader in Canvas. Other students, it works fine, but only some students are not showing up at all.From videos students h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I work with Chinese students. Most of them registered in Canvas using their student ID number. A few registered with their Chinese name and their student ID number. I don’t know what it looks like when they register. I need to assign a test to a stud...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created the shell for my Midterm Quiz.  I need to access previously created quizzes.  I don't see any box for accessing the previous quizzes that are already published.  How do I access the question banks?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I've been using Canvas for a few years now and have become fairly comfortable with navigating, etc. I also know that Canvas makes changes in order to strengthen the platform for users. I'm having trouble with the STUDENT VIEW option that I have...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've done a little searching but perhaps I missed it.Is Canvas working on a Wiki tool (other than the Page option)?What app do you prefer when it comes to Wikis?Thank you!Leona

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have a paid account and I do not have the option for new quizzes.  How do I go about getting that enabled?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How many guest lecturers can we invite to a BigBlueButton conference at the same time? We are organizing a panel discussion for 50 students, and would like to invite outside speakers. Anyone happen to know if there's a limit on simultaneous guests? I...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am creating question banks based on our state standards. Is there a way to create a sub-questions bank?For example I created a question bank for our state standard 10E and I want to break down my 10E questions into concepts and calculations. Is the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have some students that cannot upload a video or use Canvas to record themselves with their smartphone. I've done some troubleshooting and this is what I've found. Using both my school and home wifi, I've found that my laptop has no problem recordi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change my identity email in order to request my zoom account

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using Cisco Webex through Canvas.  I know that it easy to invite all the students to a class, but is there a way to add additional people to the session?  Students are making presentations and I would like to invite other faculty to participate ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do you email all students on canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why isn't my course published in canvas?I am enrolled, my tuition is paid, and the course appears in 'all courses' as not published.Today is the first day of the semester.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When a student completes an assignment or a module shouldn't show them a green check mark indicating that they have finished that task?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

missing "assignment_source_id" attribute.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I started a peer review, and was able to enter comments, which saved when I logged out and back in. I started grading the rubric, half way through hit "save," as I need to check something on the person paper. I went back to the rubric and was not abl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I have an instructor who has created three different version of a quiz, each assigned to a third of the class. However, when she goes to the Quiz Moderation menu for each version, the list of students displays all students in the class, not just t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone experienced difficulty sharing a DVD when using Zoom? Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a 2nd teacher off my canvas. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am having trouble with some of my integrations and would like to set up a "test student" in People.  Some of my content and assignments will work properly in student view and then now work for students.  Is there a way to set up a dummy student in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create e portfolios for student assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am having an issue with our free edition of Canvas LMS. It has bee very useful for us but now due to the Covid-19 our requirements towards disk space has grown larger.I have tried to contact Canvas team several times but I haven't got any reply ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I received notifications about assignments were been created but I cannot find the assignment anywhere on canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies