Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have been adding audio content but find that sometimes the icons are different is there a reason for this?  I follow the same process of using the Record/Upload media button?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can we switch Canvas to another language?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i just got a computer and got canvas on it but it says im an instructor how can i get that changed

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why can't my students can't see their grades?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i get to the exam? i clicked on take quiz and nothing happens

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! How do you put a class picture on your front/class tile?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are on a self-hosted installation of Canvas.Due to the COVID-19 outbreak we have many students who needed extra time. Our term was set up to end April 15, 2020. Now that it is April 17, nobody can turn in work through Canvas. What we have tried:1....

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I stop a student from skipping assignments and going on with out finishing all the assignments?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you view student conversations? Lets say one student is bullying another, or cheater using the conversation feature.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who did remarkably better on this recent test, which is open-book and open-notes.  He finished it in 16 minutes, 40 multiple choice questions.  I am NOT interested in making them turn their cameras on while taking the test, but I wan...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had to update Canvas grades on an exam under "fudge points". Now the exam grade does not show unless you hold cursor over it and the final grade for semester did not change. How may I correct this?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I am trying to upload a recorded lesson to My Files for the coming week and keep receiving the above error, "Error: file size exceeds quota." I tried deleting some of the few files I have uploaded and this did not change.  At the bottom of the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i learn the keyboard to a lab top..DELL 1420 INSPIRON

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add an external app to canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students have three tasks and I would like them to upload a file, a media file and a submit text entry all for one assignment. Is this possible?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change and reset my password and will same password work on iphone app?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have given my students an on line essay test.  I want to print out all of their answers, but my printer only prints out the first page, not all pages of their answers.  How do I fix that? 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

¿Como edito el nombre de un alumno? ¿Como acceso con el modo administrador?Este mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.How do I edit a student's name? How to access with administrator mode?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello:I have imbedded images into selected questions on a quiz. In order for students to see the image it seems that I must give students permission to the image within FILES. The functionality within FILES allows me to give permission to the images ...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I get my scheduled Zoom meetings to appear automatically on my course calelndar? 

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is there a way you can view the analytics of a page? I'm trying to see how many times a page is being viewed. I can see the revision history, but I want to know if my students are looking at certain pages. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need students to submit narrated PowerPoint presentations and I’m wondering if this will max out the storage space. What are the storage limitations?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When designing a course, what is the copy right license and issue?  example curriculum book have been purchased by educational program , but you want to copy the pages to view for guided instruction. I There is no etext supplied by the publishers  fo...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Next Fall I will teach large section of calculus.What would you recommend if I need the following two items?1. I should be able to take polls in class.Display on the board a Question with multiple choice answers.Students choose one of possible answer...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I posted an audio clip in an assignment for students to listen and respond to. While most students are able to hear the clip, a handful have told me they just see a gray box and cannot hear anything. Any idea on how to fix this?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Plagiarism check, using the canvas, how do I plagiarism check my paper and submit it, I'm a first time online student and never done this before. I have a research paper proposal due today but it needs to be plagiarism before sunmitted, can you guide...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am using the little blue down arrow in the rich content editor to try to choose BrainPop as a tool embedded into an assignment. However, I don't see it in the list of educational platforms to source from. It should be LTI approved, correct? I...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student working from  home -I walked her through updating her chrome book - Google Chrome OSBut when she goes to CANVAS she gets this message"your browser does not meet the minimum requirements for CANVASis there any solution for this ? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HolaCómo puedo restablecer Cursos que elimine accidentalmente?Translation from Google Translate: HelloHow can I reset Courses that I accidentally delete?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies