Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Recently I graded an exam in Canvas.  Each question in the exam had a place for "additional comments".  This is not the "Assignment Comments" box on the right, but it is a text box located at the end of each question.  When grading, I entered several...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

como se hace un banco de preguntas?Este mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.Title: Bank of questionsMessage: how do you do a bank of questions?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Just like the title says, some students get the assignment in the module as greyed out.  Some have completed it.  It is assigned to EVERYONE, and the Available dates are clear, too.  Any thoughts?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I access You tube videos for my discussion/research assignments on canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I invite just one student or a small group to a conference in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I cannot access pdf files from my teacher, it gives me an error message (attached). It says "Authorization failed" now matter how many times i attempt it. How can I make this work?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, Zoom is not embedded in my menu. During a webinar they said if it didn't show up to go to settings, navigation and it would be there and drag it over. However it is not there. Can you help me?thank you,Jennifer

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I create a quiz in canvas and have it graded also?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to have the system look up vocabulary words in the text as a the student is reading with maybe a mouse over system?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i turned this off in my Notifications page, but I am still getting emails on all submissions. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As an administrator, I would like to receive a weekly report of all of our online classes with respect to:The timeliness of the feedback instructors are providing students;The frequency and duration of instructor access to the class.Are reports of th...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Canvas Inbox has so many features lacking that it's hard to know where to start. You can't search by topic, content, or anything else, only a recipient name. You can't save anything in folders other than archive, and etc. etc.Now the issue, and t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm hoping someone can help.Is there a way you can claim back unused Student ID logins or re-use old ones?We are reaching limit and unsure of whether we can re-use 'old' student logins instead of upping user IDs? 

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How can I download and save a video response that a student has sent me through canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If a video is embedded as part of an assignment is it possible to see if a student has watched it from start to finish?  If so can it also be linked to an outside source such as youtube?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to send a notice to all my classes at the same time?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I request a virtual live training session for my faculty and adjuncts?Loretta BrobergVice President of Academic Affairs

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to post information into the assignment sectkion.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I look at each student's individual sessions for the amount of time spent?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

They have missing assignments in nearly EVERY class but immediately, when they log on, it defaults to a screen with balloons that states, "nothing more to do."The students are VERY confused because they are getting THIS screen and we aren't getting w...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to upload a question bank

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Sir or Madam,     I am trying to connect the quizzes I create in BookWIdgets to my free-for-teachers Canvas account, so as to view student results from these quizzes in the Gradebook,  however, I seem unable to connect my BookWidget quizzes to m...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have tried suggestions and the correct answer continues to show in the multiple choice answers for students.  I have unchecked box to allow students to view answers and I do not allow students to have multiple attempts.  I would like them to see th...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, we have a use case whereby we want there to be duplicate answers available within Matching question type, but not having the answer appear multiple times to student. This is fine in Classic but New Quizzes it's not working the same and it's a sha...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i have a student who cannot login to Canvas for the first time.  He is getting an error message that says:'Failed to Login''Canvas does not have an account for user:  3773214313053979' This is not the students user number.  any suggestions?thanks 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I create a paper assignment and assign points, the points don’t show up in the gradebook, and it won’t let me edit if I go back to Assignments. This is causing final grade percentages to be exceedingly high (e.g. 1609%) when I enter the grades f...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible for students to upload files directly on a page in Canvas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HelloMy site is configured https://If I leave all images by default – all images are sent over https:// - secure connectionIf I insert my own images for branding through the site's theme editor, all these images start being sent over http:// and the ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I am trying to access a unit to do but not sure where to go or what to do?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Missing feedbackI have marked some discussions online and provided the students with feedback and a mark. I posted them out after I had finished marking. We are now getting audited and when I go back into the discussion there is only the student's wo...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies