Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

As you all know, when we create groups and then designate an assignment to the group, they don’t actually see the assignment within their group space. They would have to grab the document from the assignment space and then work on this together withi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why can't I see the DocViewer Toolbar in SpeedGrader? I have read that I can only make annotations on certain types of files. How do I save my files so that DocViewer will read them? I have a list of the types of file. Thank you!!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas won't load recently submitted assignments.  The circle just keeps going round and round and says it's loading.  I can download the pics, but then I can't make annotated comments.   I can see previously submitted assignments, but nothing recent...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wanted to take a teacher off my course I assigned her as a designer. How do I do that ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does it insert an image upside down?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I reassign a quiz to only some  students not all?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!Help please:  I see that my PAST ENROLLED classes (2018-2019) courses are still appearing as published.  I don't see the usual bar that has "unpublish/publish" toggle.  Anyone know how to UNpublish past enrolled courses?  Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to delete a column in my Gradebook. I entered an assignment incorrectly.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are having multiple students who are experiencing the same issue. They are receiving this error when they click on the assignment. Any idea why most students do not have this issue and are able to submit their work, while others are receiving this...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I delete my "To do" list and past calendar events from Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you display files on the Course Card in Card View? My husband is a teacher too, and the file icon shows up on his cards, but not mine. With the file right there, it's much easier to up load a video from my own camera than without it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

My students are currently uploading their assignments and in speed grader I notice their files are uploading (I could download them to view them. My issue is that instead of previewing the file in speed grader, all I see is a grey screen that says "O...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do you set up a place for student submissions like research reports in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,We are using BigBlueButton for our video conference sessions. Does anyone have a tool/resource to recommend for faculty who want to write on the whiteboard? For example, if faculty want to write out the steps to a math problem, is there a styl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Last night I emailed respondus with the issue below and was told to contact Canvas:The issue with the setting "View Results Only Once After Each Attempt" is an identified Canvas issue that was reported to Instructure Support a few years ago. Unfortun...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I replace broken Internet links in a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I want to be able to assign part of the class one assignment and part of the class a different assignment.  It is not a collaborative assignment.  It is an individual assignment that is differentiated between two different groups.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I change the enrollment status (as student to teacher)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

LTI consumers who import thin common cartridge files (.imscc) very often run into the problem of having their LTI connections overridden with default credentials which have the word "fake" set as the oauth_consumer_key value. I often witness this beh...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import outcomes from one course to another? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I  import students from one course to another one?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is my PBPL class in my past enrollments when I am enrolled for it this quarter? It does not appear on my dashboard either. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add back in a module that I previously deleted?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to know 2 things:1. Where do I go and see when students log on to canvas2. Where can I set a date to schedule a conference with students. I see there is no calendar feature

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to put an automatic slide show on a page? Something like a PowerPoint slide show that actually plays when a page opens, not one that someone can download.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I restored my course not realising it would delete all my content. Is there a way I can get it back? I spent month creating it and all I wanted to do was run the course again with a different cohort of students in a weeks time. Please help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I manage a sub-account for a larger consortium and would like to know if there is already an API or data report that will list all items flagged by the accessibility checker. I'm interested in the scope of accessibility issues and asking not to use i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I updated the content of a course I have shared with another teacher, will the content also be updated for him/her without re-share again?Thanks!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a student user on Canvas and for some reason, I can't change my profile picture. Every time I change it or upload a new one it's all white or it has a little picture icon like in the picture. It's not a problem with size, I checked my files and d...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

how can I record a lesson and post it to Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies