Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When creating a student account, what is a join code?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two questions:1. How do I post an announcement to appear in all of my classes without having to type the same announcement in each class?2. It is near the end of the term and I need to adjust my grade book as I am over by 10 points. Can I reduce the ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I embed an image in a Quiz and then know for sure that students will see it? I use the embed feature, but the image does not show up in the quiz or in the preview. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have an instructor who conducted a live conference, which was recorded. Now that the conference has been rendered, the students cannot access that recorded Conference. They just see a blank page when they go to the Conferences page. Does this need ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wanted to move an assignment in a module.  Now I can't get it back into the module.  It is still in "assignments" and several other places.  But I can't figure out how to put it back in its module where I want it to be.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student messaged me about why a certain quiz answer was the correct answer, and I asked how she knew which answer was correct before the answers were supposed to be revealed by Canvas. She said she didn't know, but they were. Why would this happen?...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I print out a class roster from Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I've copied assignments from an old course into a new one. They are assignments that link to Wamap and they have worked fine in the past, but now I get the message:This launch was made insecurely (using http instead of https). WAMAP requires secure l...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I imported content from commons and there are 11 assignments that are listed in my grade book. I have not assigned those assignments nor have I published them. I would like to remove them from the grade book without deleting the file.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assigned a Discussion Board as a group assignment. Do all students who are part of a group have to submit the assignment? I was thinking that Canvas would automatically "duplicate" the assignment submitted by one group member to all group members a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the significance of the background colors of the cells in the Grades table? There are about 4 shades.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot remove the crossed out eye from modules. I went to navigation. Modules was already in the correct spot (after moving) but the crossed eye is still there. Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do you set up a quiz questions with mutable answers? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

#1 I had a quiz in assignments, but decided to delete assignment. The quiz was also deleted. Can I get it back.#2 When I want to delete an assignment, how do I prevent from deleting it in my modules, quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are giving our students an option to choose between a new grading scale (P+, P, P-, etc) OR the A-F grading scale due to going to remote learning the last part of the semester. While we have sent out a survey to students enrolled in their courses,...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I create a CSV file to move the courses from the old sub-account to the new sub-account without causing any harm to anything.  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have the following options set. Why do I still get a page with incorrect-answer feedback at the end of the quiz, despite that box being unchecked? Is this just a bug with the instructor's view? Or does this feature simply not work? I want students ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I configure my assignment for the student to be able to submit directly

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using WAMAP in a Canvas course. I've used the same content for many quarters (I copied this content to my course this quarter, as usual). However, when I try to access some of the Wamap assignments, I get this message:This launch was made insecur...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to allow multiple attempts on a timed quiz because I'm requiring a file upload, and I'm giving them 2 hours to complete it.  Many times, students will "accidentally" upload the wrong file and will need to update it, hence wanting to give them ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I see all my students email addresses in a course at one time?  I stumbled on it once and should have wrote it down but did not.  Dawn

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student who is using an older Samsung Galaxy 7. She is able to access Canvas both within the app and Google Chrome, but her mic won't work when joining conferences. We've tried the following:    - Site permissions/settings within Google Chro...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do a make a students discussion reply private and grades

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't have the 2020 CPT or ICD-10-CM coding books. Fed Ex can't seem to find my house.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using SpeedGrader and trying to use the Highlight Annotation tool, but for some reason, I am unable to select the desired highlighted portion of the document. I am following the steps; select tool, select annotation color, then select desired se...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have a student who says she is locked out of Canvas? How can I get her back in? They access their Canvas accounts through VPortal.James Varnum

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to recover info that I sent to my students by way of Canvas, but I can't find a "sent items" bucket. Where do I go for that?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can I add a DVD I own to canvas for my students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a quiz, and when I hit preview, I can see the correct answers for each question.I have looked at the settings and I don't know how to change this.  Am I not supposed to add the correct answer in the box that says "correct answer"?  Any advi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How can I remove the background color on my course so that I can just use an image without the color?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies