Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How can I change the enrollment status (as student to teacher)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

LTI consumers who import thin common cartridge files (.imscc) very often run into the problem of having their LTI connections overridden with default credentials which have the word "fake" set as the oauth_consumer_key value. I often witness this beh...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import outcomes from one course to another? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I  import students from one course to another one?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is my PBPL class in my past enrollments when I am enrolled for it this quarter? It does not appear on my dashboard either. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add back in a module that I previously deleted?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to know 2 things:1. Where do I go and see when students log on to canvas2. Where can I set a date to schedule a conference with students. I see there is no calendar feature

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to put an automatic slide show on a page? Something like a PowerPoint slide show that actually plays when a page opens, not one that someone can download.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I restored my course not realising it would delete all my content. Is there a way I can get it back? I spent month creating it and all I wanted to do was run the course again with a different cohort of students in a weeks time. Please help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I manage a sub-account for a larger consortium and would like to know if there is already an API or data report that will list all items flagged by the accessibility checker. I'm interested in the scope of accessibility issues and asking not to use i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I updated the content of a course I have shared with another teacher, will the content also be updated for him/her without re-share again?Thanks!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a student user on Canvas and for some reason, I can't change my profile picture. Every time I change it or upload a new one it's all white or it has a little picture icon like in the picture. It's not a problem with size, I checked my files and d...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

how can I record a lesson and post it to Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to disable the playback speed on videos posted so the students cannot view at 2x speed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why is a column in grade book highlighted pink?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a student

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What does it mean for Canvas to say "Test Student scores are not included in grade statistics"? I see that on my test student grades page. In particular, this sentence appears when I click on the check mark icon right next to several assignments I cr...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What is happening with the conference feature? I had one set up, but after clicking "join", it just gives me a blue screen, then finally this error.  I pretty much had to cancel class today after trying logging out & back in, etc. for 20 minutes.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.Please may I ask how I can re-sync if the sync didn't pull through and there's no duplicate pages pushed through?Even with all the pages locked? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When using the large classes option in canvas and grading discussions, opening the speed grader tool from the group discussion thread opens only the first group. Grades must actually be accessed first through students individual posts. While not some...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm having an issue with Blend and I can't seem to be able to access the report a problem link. Every time I visit my calendar all I see is a white screen with the blend toolbar on the left and a find appointments button on the right. Nothing else sh...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do To-Do dates "shift" (or go away?) when doing a course import and shifting due dates?I'm about to show teachers various things about using Pages, but not sure how To Do dates work.  I get it that checking this and adding a date will put it on their...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello this is Tracey Sigers, I am the Director of Information Technology Services for our charter school district, my team and I are looking for a way to pull out an daily activity log for student participation  or daily student login. I did look int...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I sync discussion grade to Pinnacle

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I am new to Canvas and need some help to design a grade book for the nursing faculty. Can someone help me and tell me how to use the formula in gradebook in Canvas? In D2L, I can use the formula to design a grade book for the nursing department.T...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to lock a quiz on Canvas so that the student cannot go to the internet to get answers?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I contact parents both individually and as a grade level group?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! I reached out to you guys on Monday and still have not heard anything. I'm having issues downloading a lecture powerpoint presentation from my iPad to an app I use Notability. I've been doing this for almost all of my classes for the entire semes...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I create Inherited(Global) Developer keys, So that it will be visible in all Canvas Instance.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I copy a question from a quiz into an existing question bank?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies