Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

HiWe have set up a course with five different groups. Two groups have the same unit/assignment. After completing the assignment by the student's trainer get the list of all the students instead of specific to the group.How can we allocate a trainer t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I thought having Canvas check for plagiarism would also check the assignment against other students in the same class, but that's not happening.Any ideas?Thank you!DM

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How many students can I add to a breakout room at any one time?Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I wanted to know if it is possible to install a LTI or 3rd party integration at a sub-account level or for a course alone?ThanksDipti

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove a course that I unenrolled from?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was taking a test on and the computer kept freezing witch would halt the countdown timer and then rapidly speed it back up. On the log would that show me as stopping viewing the test and then resuming?  Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach at one university, my colleague teaches at another; both schools use Canvas. Is it possible for us to collaborate on one class together with both having access? I know I can add an assistant from my own school, but can we cross schools? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I feel likes it’s a con because the water is dry and it’ll have a big effect on the flow. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a low level adult ESL student in an ESL writing class.  She is using Safari, and she cannot view annotated comments on her writing.  When she clicks on "view feedback," she gets a blank page to download.  From what I read, maybe it has somethi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student has sent me a file through InBox, which is meant to be an assignment submission.Is it possible for me to "submit" this assignment on behalf of the student, so that it can be with the rest of the submissions and I can mark it like the rest o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-21-2023 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Where is the attendance list?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not getting notifications when students post comments in discussions or turn things in.  I have marked "notify me immediately" but I am not getting any notifications.  what am I missing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my teachers is using the CHAT function to update us and answer questions, but I cannot seem to turn on notifications for this. When I click the "New Message Alerts" button, it turns green, but the next day it is back to gray and I will not hav...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am already on Canvas as a teacher. Do I need a new profile to log in as a parent to "observe" my own child who is a student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I posted several videos and continue to get this message after30 hours. Anyone know what is up?Mike Smith

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when I click on "view progress" under modules, all of my students are marked as completing all of their assignments.  however, I just set up the class and half of them haven't even been on canvas yet.  is there a way to reset or make the "view progre...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a calculator available for canvas quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I provide a link to another separate page in the same canvas CMS?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why does the grade book show 100% for students that did not take to quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On Canvas, I have my email connected to notifications but I want it to send me texts as well through my phone. I tried adding my number which worked, but when it asked for the conformation code that was sent to my phone I couldn't put one in  because...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I let students take a quiz after it has been assigned and the time window is closed?Example: The quiz was available between 12pm-3pm and a student with a valid excuse missed the window?Thank you!Brian

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12979 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add an assignment rubric to an assignment that is already published? It is not showing a place to add the rubric.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Once I have written a quiz, how can I add more time for two of my disabled students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go to my Dashboard my classes are a white blinking icon. If I click the courses button I'm able to see the modules but I can't add to them or edit them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Help me.... I am lost in the dark recesses of Canvas.   Can anyone share some light?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had my students upload reports in pdf format in the Assignments folder.  I downloaded the file, unzipped it, and used Adobe Reader to insert comments and scoring into each student's document. So now I have about 100 such files. I understand that I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We want students to be able to view a quiz, see which questions they missed and "correct" it while providing a reasoning for their learning for half credit per question.  Any suggestions of how to do that other than to have them take it a second time...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been editing assignments most of the morning.  I have always had a "tool bar" on the right hand side of the screen to add files, links, images, etc.That side bar has just disappeared.Did you guys just change it?  Or did I press something that ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies