Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12979 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add an assignment rubric to an assignment that is already published? It is not showing a place to add the rubric.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Once I have written a quiz, how can I add more time for two of my disabled students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go to my Dashboard my classes are a white blinking icon. If I click the courses button I'm able to see the modules but I can't add to them or edit them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Help me.... I am lost in the dark recesses of Canvas.   Can anyone share some light?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had my students upload reports in pdf format in the Assignments folder.  I downloaded the file, unzipped it, and used Adobe Reader to insert comments and scoring into each student's document. So now I have about 100 such files. I understand that I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We want students to be able to view a quiz, see which questions they missed and "correct" it while providing a reasoning for their learning for half credit per question.  Any suggestions of how to do that other than to have them take it a second time...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been editing assignments most of the morning.  I have always had a "tool bar" on the right hand side of the screen to add files, links, images, etc.That side bar has just disappeared.Did you guys just change it?  Or did I press something that ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

can't get more than 1 subject to my kids account. please help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you deal with Unsupported content package error when importing an ExamView File ( converted to Blackboard) in Canvas ? I followed the protocols described on your site but with no luck. I saw Q&A answer from 4 years ago but it seemed like they ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Once a student uploads an assignment, is there a setting to keep a student from taking the assignment down?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I published my lesson but it's not showing up under the to do list.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've created a new Canvas course to support one of my EC students by copying his original course. I then went back and modified the assignments and expectations in this new course to meet his accommodations. Unfortunately, now his parents say this ne...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i set up a survey?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set up an Excel assignment for submission through the Office 365 Cloud external tool.My students can get the document through the link.  In fact when they click the link it takes them right to the excel document.The students never see a page w...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I create or edit a rubric that I can score digitally?  @nbess @jwcc.edu

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I posted an assignment, downloaded the student submissions and they became a zip file.  I unzipped it, graded each of the 18 submissions, re-zipped (with no change of file names) re-uploaded.  I got a page saying Canvas had posted each to appropriate...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I delete a student from my class? The student is either no longer in my class or never was in my class. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can i unlock a closed quiz for one student to take?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where can I find a video showing students how to adjust their video setting on zoom?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Question about what quiz settings "rule the settings"If you have a time limit on a quiz and an available date/time - if a student is in the quiz, still has time left, and the available date ends - does the student get kicked out? Can they still keep ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My class is only showing up in future enrollments and not letting me put it on my courses menu. It says it is published.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HELLLLLPPPPP  how do I send the professor a message from my class in canvas? I've been sent all over these pages trying to find out !!!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why would you download a student's Assignment submission when you can grade it in the Assignment? I noticed there is a download button below speedgrader....Colleen

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to delete multiple items from a module at the same time or do I have to do it one by one?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We had successfully integrated Canvas with Zoom and added to the Canvas calendar. We then tested with a school admin who was able to create a meeting and also add a meeting to the canvas calendar. When accessing Zoom within Canvas it is now prompting...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can students take the quiz before the available date and time after I hit the publish button?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I reset an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are taking a quiz and I assigned the overall point value as 60 points. However, when I go into 'Grades' and look at the heading of the Assignment column, it lists the point value as '0' (zero). I can't figure out how to correct this. When...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-17-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Sync grades to SIS?... what does this mean?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies