Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How can I retrieve a quiz that I deleted by accident?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I find the log for seeing what pages/websites students access when in Canvas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a single student in a different Canvas course that I provide Reading services to.  She is in a course that I manually created as she cannot be rostered into my district created reading course.  While I can integrate in Canvas, and duplicate th...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't see the screenshots my teacher posts on the quizzes, how do I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using the peer review function, if I have assigned the automatically through Canvas, how is the student notified of who they are to review, and do the peers review the student's paper in the speed grader?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Okay Michael Arocho, I hope this question is more specific for you.  I figured out how to create a quiz in Canvas (eLearn was much easier) but now I can't figure out where to add the answers to my 10 questions.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does the document size change when I embed a document into an assignment

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using Speed Grader with Discussion - In the past, I have been able to see each student's individual responses for a Discussion in Speed Grader. However, now Speed grader only shows a blank pane for a student. I can find their posts in the full discus...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I use Animoto in Canvas?  I don't know where to find it? 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I'm a Tech with limited access asking on behalf of a Para at our institution and I'd like to know whether it's possible to have a unique dashboard per student, or a way to set one up? Is this something that administrators can do at this time?--...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to remind students to complete a quiz. How do i do that.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Final exams in my course are optional, if a student is satisfied with their current grade then they can choose not to take the final and their current grade will be their final grade. The final, if taken, is to replace the lowest mid-term exam score,...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

A student completed an assignment - it was actually a Canvas quiz -and for whatever reason, the teacher is allowing him to retake the quiz.  Is there a way to completely delete his original assignment/quiz with the resulting effect that it should loo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a student miss an exam/quiz. I reopened it just for them to take, and now the grades for everyone else are missing. HELP

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Some teachers have created a New Quiz and added a Mastery Path to it. The quiz is showing as scored, but the student view is showing that the mastery path cannot be updated until the quiz has been scored. Has anyone seen a delay in the score processi...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can see the students in all my Canvas courses except for one. How do I get my students to show up in this courses? Because this is for a public school students don't have to register for the courses. When they sign in the courses are on their home ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I embedded a google document in canvas. I see it on canvas screen. When student goes to open it says authenticate. They cannot authenticate to see the file. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create a hyperlink that will take students to the module from the home page.Can you help?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I build a new quiz in Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a teacher who has been trying to add a module, and it keeps spinning, not completing and allowing the module to be added to her course. She has cleared her cache, restarted her laptop and browser, any other suggestions?Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can i make a quiz worth 100 points without going in and manually putting in the worth of each question?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was using conference with students today for my class and tried to upload a power point but I was unable to upload it. I was, however, able to upload a video.  What am I doing wrong. Note I have updoaded power points before with no problem. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have many quizzes that have numerous Text (No Question) boxes in them. When I use the Grade by Question (Beta) feature in Speedgrader, the Text (No Question) boxes show up as ungraded questions. This makes it very hard to efficiently grade the actu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I mark an assignment as missing, does it send a message to the student??

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am in need of some programming help.  I am just learning to use Ruby and thought that after watching the course provided on the Learn.Canvas.Net site, I was ready to go.  I took one of the programs and started to modify it in order to make it fit m...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I change a Hidden grade in the grade book so that it can be seen?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi!I am currently correcting reports that were handed in via Canvas as group assignments. Now, when I am trying to correct the reports I need to use the annotation tools (mostly the highlighter and strike through tool) to comment on their text and ex...

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I make announcements my home page?How do I alert students of an new announcement?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to complete a simple survey from the Microsoft Teams course I took 2 weeks ago. PLZ won't allow it. What's wrong?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies