Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

can anyone help me

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know how to hide a grade but I want to completely hide an assignment so it doesn't show in the gradebook at all.  With virtual teaching kiddos are really confused about information in the gradebook from assignments that are closed and were before w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-04-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi,This seems like a really basic issue but I can't figure it out.Example. We only have online lessons.Course A has a start date 2 weeks from now.The course and Module 1 are published with introductory text so students are not faced with an empty Can...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have TAs who prescreen student work before I grade.  The anonymous function that removes student's names from work is really valuable in removing bias in grading, but I would also prefer that the TA comments be anonymous, because we are a small sch...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There are two groups in the course, the instructor wants each group to take a different quiz.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Are there extra layers of security in Conferences to eliminate hackers?  I had someone hack my conference yesterday (ghosting a student's account and posting in the shared notes area) and post profanity.  Ways I can send a password or manually allow ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A few of my students have said that when they click on assignments or pages in Canvas the following image shows up. Anyone know what this is or how to fix it? I have had them check their browsers ect, but I haven't seen this before. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Was uploading a file from discoveryeducation. It froze on the bottom of my file screen and will not let me upload any thing else and I cant remove it or delete it .Help please.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I let students submit additional posts in a Discussion to help raise their initial score I submitted to Grades.  Students post again, and then wait and wait, etc., then send me a direct message query, because Canvas does not place a new icon alongsid...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Correcting papers on canvas using speedgrader

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I create and post audio files?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am creation thin common cartridge package and here is my manifeast file having all information. When I import this package on canvas I get "Unsupported content package". I don't know what this error message mean. Here is my manifeast file.<?xml ver...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, one of our courses has 4 sections. However, when we try to edit sections in the people function, the sections aren't visible to move students into?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!Some colleagues and I have experienced the following issue:We wanted to create a test with a file that the students only should have access to from a specific date & time.This is easy enough, BUT when uploading a file, the DEFAULT setting is "publ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Because I am involved in 6 subjects (only this semester, it will get bigger next semester) I get upwards of 100 notification emails a a day. I need to have notifications on for some subjects but not the others - but there is no option to fix this. It...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The First Question: Does lockdown browser work with new quizzes yet?The Second Question: Is there a way to copy questions from a NEW QUIZ to a CLASSIC QUIZ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I need help correcting a problem where my students are unable to view my google docs in the module.  Does anyone have any suggestion for my students to have access when view the docs.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HOW DO I GET THE COURSE CODE TO INVITE MY STUDENTS? I CAN'T FIND IT

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HelloI had a course in my canvas which I took in 2018, I will be teaching this course in next Fall 2020, when I tried editing it, it doesn't allow me. Any help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a page but when I go to the module, it does not show up to add it to the module. What have I done wrong? The same thing has happened on my past quizzes that I have created too. Have went through everything I can see but don't know what...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have one assignment in a module that is locked for all students.  It shows it's published.  How do I unlock it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is saying that I clicked on the test but didn't answer any of the questions. I haven't even clicked the test to do it and I am confused as to why it is saying that I did it and didn't answer the questions. Please help me!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We working on Integration with Canvas LTI 1.3, I have created a developer key and the tool setup is done. I am getting this error ""jwt","type":"JWT verification failure","message":"JWT verification failure" while sending DeeplinkresponseEncoded jwt ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a quiz and then published it. One of my colleagues was added to my class as a student so she could see if she could take the quiz. (Taking the quiz on the ipad would only require: downloading the .pdf, working on it in notability, uploading...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-20-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have a problem... One of my students is saying that he has no information in my course when he goes into canvas, where as other students have no problem. What advice should I give him?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you UN-highlight an accidental highlight of a section when you are marking a PDF assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I put my students emails in without doing it one at a time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to send a general email message to all my students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a bit our of left field...but here we go.I have a student who has returned to Thailand and is currently in Bangkok. She is reporting she is unable to access Canvas, and therefore cannot continue her studies.Does anyone happen to know if Canva...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone, exporting canvas courses to other instances is very intuitive but my recent course export(.imscc) exceeds 5GB requirement. It' 7.5 GB !! It seems like I am unable to import. What would be the best way to achieve this. Thank you so much !...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies