Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I published a module within in my Canvas classroom, however the students are saying they are unable to access the content. They continue to receive messaging stating they are authorized. However, I have checked my class list, unpublished/re-published...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A quizz that I made had two questions wrong answerwed. Many students chosed the corret one and Canvas (ovbiously) graded them as incorrect. Even though I changed the question with the correct answer, Canvas doesn't regreade the quizz for those studen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If a student submitted a quiz without finishing it because they lost internet connection, how can I reassign them the quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Chicago administrator sent me the Canvas shell of OL 641 so I can teach it at the Dallas campus. I need to update and change the dates. She sent me instructor access but I'm unable to edit the course. Do I go through you?Dr. Lynda FoleyLfoley@the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create a vocabulary matching question with the words in one column and definitions in the other.  Would I do it like this?ABapple (n) [2]1. having abundant resourceseat (v) [3]2. a citrus fruitrich (adv [1]3. to consume for nutrition

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am trying to duplicate my week's modules, quizzes, discussion, etc. I was able to duplicate the week in one of my courses by selecting "duplicate" but I don't have that option in my second course. Why would I not have this option if I importe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I'm not finding it in a search, possibly because the associated search terms are too general:I am grading a quiz I gave last week that includes multiple choice and essay questions. I assumed Canvas would...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am learning "Discussions." The term "threaded discussions" is used with no explanation nor link.In the list of Discussion set-up choices:Options                Allow threaded repliesWhat is that? Why would I want it (or not)Thanks!Con Buckley

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When i try to add a quiz to my Module, I can only choose from quizzes I made in the "classic" platform. I cannot add any quizzes I created in the "new quiz" category. Where are they? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I accidentally imported modules from one course into another totally unrelated course. How do I reverse this action?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the most efficient way to email/message ALL students assigned to a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HI, I'm trying to copy a created course into a shell. I have tried Copy and then I tried importing content through settings. I repeatedly get an error message (see image below). When I click on the Missing Link words, I am taken to what looks like th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I make my course available to my students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have a course where students can do projects by themselves or with one or two other people. I would like to be able to prevent a second student from joining the self-sign up group when a student wishes to work by themselves. Currently, I manually r...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am having the students reply to a graded discussion.  I am also having the students respond to two student discussion replies.  I would like the students to see the replies to the graded discussion post (so they can select two to reply) but not see...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A user can generate an access token manually. How can my LTI give a user a place, like a textfield or something like that to let the user paste the manually generated access token in.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you change the order of pages

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One thing I personally miss about Blackboard are the lectures that used to be on there. This semester, any lectures that looked similar to those were just the slide show and not interactive like they were previously. Is this something that you are wo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I am having a hard time submitting photos on canvas. I downloaded the photos as pdf but for some reason I am unable to submit it. HELP!!! Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a relatively easy way to make sure students do not cheat on an on-line exam. I know enforcing time limits is one way, but I am concerned that students may have connectivity issues. This is not the way the course was originally taught, we wen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

En un conjunto de grupos, puedo cambiar a un alumno de "Grupo" ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are currently building our Canvas course for faculty certification to participate in online teaching. As part of the online faculty certification team, I would like to see if it's okay for us to attach links to some of your training videos?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In one of my classes, students are writing short stories. We usually celebrate students' final drafts with a read-around. Everyone brings in a printed copy of their short story, and we pass the papers around the room until they've all been read. What...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create a question bank from questions I have already created in a quiz?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All,I am looking for a way to do these:- A log of student log in such as total time, courses...for all students in our Canvas- If not a easy way through Canvas GUI, then API? I am not familiar with API tool, where to start?Thanks

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I make my course calendar visible to students in the student view?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had my students take a proctored quiz in Canvas with Proctorio. Now that they have taken the quiz, how can I get their grades to show up in Canvas grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am confused how to upload a video to my teachers.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does the alert show up on their home page, does it get emailed to them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to add assignments to grade book

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies