Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can we change the assignment groups and weighting for the last trimester of a course? We have moved to virtual learning for the last tri and faculty would like to change the assignment groups and weighting of those groups for only the 3rd tri. I'm no...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I read an assignment / click on a link, it doesn't show that it's been done, so when I go back to the class I have to remember where I am.  Is there a way to note what tasks within a module have been completed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set up a discussion with my class and I have it graded for incomplete/complete. when i sync it to my gradebook for my county it shows up as a E letter grade because the possible points i put as 0 but it didn't change my students grade but i do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried watching a recorded conference, but when entering fullscreen mode the screen goes white. Anyone knows how to fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assign short educational videos to watch.These are now in-lieu of 'in-class participation points', so i'd like to assign automatically points to everyone who watches the videos. How do I do that when I set up the assignment?I have points assignedI ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have embedded a Google form in a Canvas assignment. This works fine to collect the student data on Google forms but I would also like to have their responses show up in Speedgrader so I can grade these responses directly. If and how can I accomplis...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey! How do I invite my students to join my course? My district does not have a learning platform, and the other one several of us use has crashed. I have used Canvas in another district and loved it, so I decided to try the free version. I just cann...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you make the assignments tab visible to students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to cross-link a teachers courses AFTER students have already submitted assignments. I tried course export, but now its saying I don't have permissions to access the link of the export. I am set as a designer on this course. Thank you for your ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get rid of giving a zero to un-submitted quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to be alerted that there is a Canvas email inbox message?  Currently, I am only alerted to messages if I am actually logged into Canvas.  Periodically, a teacher will send a message that needs to be seen quickly, but I will not know un...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way in the old or new quizzes to separate my quiz into sections? For example, I want the students to take all of the multiple choice questions together, then take all of the short answer questions together.If I use a question bank, is ther...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 5-6 students (out of 105) who can't get Google Docs to submit to Canvas.  After they click the submit assignment button and the Google Drive tab it allows them to find their document but not choose it.  Any advice?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good morning!Is there a way to check to see which students have accessed the Canvas calendar? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Ahoy all,If an instructor didn't set up options for students to review their quiz answers, can the instructor go back and change that or is there any other way for students to view after they've taken their quiz? In this case, there wasn't even the o...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In Canvas, Im tying to turn in a Google Earth project. I completely forgot how to. When i press "submit" it just has a text entry box.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set assignment requirements for students to complete before moving on.  Some students are just clicking the submit button or mark as done without work complete.  Is it possible to lock an assignment again for specific students? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you allow video sharing for calls? How do you unmute microphone?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I attach a file in canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have started a Discussion requesting my students to post images of their projects. When an image is attached to a reply entered on a computer, they show as an attachment that must be downloaded to view. When an image is attached to a reply using th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you get Canvas to transfer a "completed" assignment as a "collected" assignment in PowerSchool using Grade Passback?  The issue is that when you mark the student assignment complete, it shows up with points as a "0" and if you edit the assignm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Several parents have asked for permission to get on Canvas and see what their child is supposed to be doing.  How can they be added?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have FOUR children who attend Manatee Academy in St. Lucie County schools in Florida so being able to successfully log in and out of four different children's accounts with the Canvas infrastructure is important. The fact that I am not able to do t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Would someone please provide the information on how grades are calculated - I am looking for a document that show weighted and unweighted calculations - as well as how the grade posting policies impact the view by student vs. instructor - I have trie...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to analyse which materials students have been accessing within a specific module, ie which PowerPoints or articles they have been viewing or downloading?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Stefanie, thanks for your reply, but I want the Fill in multiple blanks, as it was in the old type of quizzes (The one with [ ] type). I cannot find it and I cannot create an open cloze test with different number each question for the same text...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!How do I change my course title?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I publish a module if it is saying unpublished.   

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you add students to a course you have created?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What does pinning a discussion do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies