Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I want to add a quick review of how to use BLEND to my assignments.  What is the best way to do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a Parent / Observer are we able to see the assignments/work that our child has completed and submitted? How do we know it has been completed? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I currently don't see a way for you to get notified when someone replies to your discussion posts (or replies to your replies). Is there a way? Blackboard had this feature, which is what I liked about Blackboard more than I like Canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

please help!!!!! #quarantineproblems

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have combined year groups into one course. Essentially staff are collaborating to teach the same learning content.  But, is there a way that one staff member can see their own assigned class(es)'s submissions?I.e. Assign assignment task to all stu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It's an individual assignment - the group box is NOT checked, but it is prompting me to choose a group before accessing SpeedGrader. Why would that be? Will my comments be visible to all members of the group? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to open Grades tab for my Spanish 2 class but it just continually spins.  I have tried for two day, at different times, and yes, I have refreshed, restarted, shut down and restarted, etc.  My other classes open.  What can I do to fix this...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can a student login to Canvas without having to go through Powerschool first?I went here:  Log In to Canvas and the student put in their NHC schools email but it did not work.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is this just a blank practice?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been creating a different page for my students to click on for each day of our remote learning.  On the most recent page, I uploaded a 15 minute video.  It seems to play fine by my view.  But, where is the file stored on Canvas?  I can't find ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

The formula question example shows how to ask students ridiculously easy questions like "What is [x] + 5?"Or "Calculate the weight of [x] blue whales."For those of us who don't teach elementary school, this is not useful.I want give my students a ran...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How long can the user be idle before losing authentication or his/her session timeout? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What does the migrate button do? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Dear Canvas,We were told that CANVAS has a function that records student activity in the class, so we can identify those who are not engaged and notify their advisor. We were told that this is the SER (Student Engagement Rositer) Function. I've looke...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a layered class with 5 different sections of drama students combined into the same class period. In an effort to prepare for our new distance learning model, I cross-listed those sections into one combined course. However, in doing so I lost a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’ve given a questionnaire to my class via “quizzes” on canvas. I want to know where I can receive and view their responses.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I left a lot of feedback in a discussion for my student. I went to the discussion and it is not there. Is is hiding somewhere?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Experiencing significant issues with audio breaking-up while attempting to deliver live class, via Canvas Conferences feature, (Big Blue Button).The problem is so great that Live delivery is a waste of student's and my own time. Currently using Safar...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to move my para educator from a TA to an observer. How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you create a teacher account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i change and ungraded assignment for student displaying 0 to not display anything until graded?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to create a course certificate when not using Canvas Catalog?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you Delete a User's Media File.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Last night suddenly all of the grades I had recorded manually for Face to Face classes that are now remote disappeared from the Gradebook. I think they are still in Gradebook History. How do I undo this change? It happened a few hours after I entered...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Quizzes - Allowing students to select from a group on launched quiz. I have been a long time user of Canvas. My one problem is how to provide students choice in selecting short answer questions without having Canvas indicate that all questions are be...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Everyone,I'm trying to learn more about how others have set up exams in Canvas for rather large classes.  I teach a statistical literacy course where there are close to 1000 students.  Normally, exams are taken by students on campus, but this is o...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello. I'm having trouble with the "Mark as Done" button. When the students are in the assignment and have completed it, I set it up so that they have to mark it as done. The checkbox is there, the problem is that they can't click on it or when they ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I assign students a worksheet, how are they able to write on it and submit it on canvas? Can I share a google doc with them and they write on it to submit as well?#submitpdf

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a student that does not want Canvas to access her camera.  Is there a way for her to disable the camera in Canvas?ThanksPatty

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi  I am trying to set up a discussion group for my students to submit their oral reports.  I tried to do my own video but it says Canvas does not have permission to use my video and audio.  I want to know how to do my own and add it and how to set i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies