Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a student that has an older computer and is having issues with using Respondus Lockdown Browser.  She says she has tried to download the software onto her computer but it gives an error message stating she cannot use it.  Is there a way to tur...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When inside a course, on the left side of the screen, the quizzes, discussion, and assessments have an icon for students not able to access. Do I need to turn access on for students to be able to complete them. It is not addressed in the quizzes vide...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I blur my background in conferences?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't open open for discussion. Stuck on closed for discussion on discussion board.Please help. And thanks.Cynie Cory

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you please remind me where to go to manage my notifications? I am receiving emails every time a class member makes a comment in the discussions on our class page.Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-29-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to Canvas. If I upload an exam , what do my students see? How do I grade the exams. I have been looking but I cannot find then answers to these questions. Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-04-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I convert a PDF into a Google Doc so the students can write on it rather than having to have them annotate a PDF in Kami?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to get notifications on phone from CANVAS messages

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not able to publish my course because I didn't finish the registration process according to a message sent to my email.  However, there is nothing else I could do as my registration process seems to be completed already.  I opened the account as...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how do I (an instructor) send emails to students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment within a module. I want my links to open in a new tab, but cannot find a place to edit / control this feature. Has anyone found a way to do this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am having trouble recording a video on Zoom.  It keeps saying I haven't assigned a host so I can't access my recording.  How do I assign a host so I can access my recording and edit/upload it to my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-04-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello CommunityI hope you are all keeping well during this extremely strange and stressful period in our lives. Just seeing the term COVID -19 at the moment spikes my anxieties.We have been having issues with New.Quizzes.When a quiz is created within...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Please help!Shirley Won

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students' Discussion #8 posts have mysteriously disappeared. CH 202.5506 (online). 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have concluded a course and now students can't see it. I have searched how to unconclude it but I do not have those links available. Help please.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created an admin role for the purpose of managing a sub-account. However, when I attempt to add admins at the sub-account level, the newly created role is not available as an option in the drop-down list.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do students submit assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What workarounds are folks finding when creating questions on self-scoring quizzes (i.e., no instructor is going to fudge around with scores in Grades)?I wanted an item with 4 responses in which two are correct. The item is worth 2 points (1 point fo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is there no +People button on my People page? I want to add students from another class into my course to view my assignments. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you make another person/student a moderator? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just deleted an assignment that I really should have just renamed.  Is there a way to retrieve it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-11-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am wondering if there is any way an instructor can access the biography section of the student's profile.  My student is not able to get to it since she only has a phone and no wifi.  However, she sent it to me.  Can I upload the information to her...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to change the number of maximum points for a quiz.  When I go to the quiz->edit, the points are not included, just the fact that it is a "Graded Quiz."  How can I change the points for a quiz (before publication). Prof. Drielak

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I transfer a canvas course(shell) copy to another course on canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student's name is being shown as their ID in the grade book. How can I switch it to displaying their name?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason I can't seem to reorganize my classes in Dashboard. I've tried moving them around, un-starring and re-starring them in order of classes taught but the order never seems to stay. I must be missing something basic!  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With the new quizzes, is there a better way to grade essay questions and get the grades to update? I created a quiz for my class using the new quizzes feature, which has honestly been an exercise in frustration. I have a mix of question types includi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 20 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies