Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I had a teacher ask me this:"Is it possible to share a discussion (with all the replies) across courses? I teach an elective with 3 grades in it and they are all separate courses. I just want to be able to show 6th graders what 7th graders are doing/...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I am looking to see what will be the Canvas Equivalent to Goal Performance Dashboard from Blackboard, if any?I was wondering if Learning Mastery Gradebook will be close enough, please let me know your thoughts.Thanks,Dipti

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I have a client that says she can't see any uploaded PDFs from students in Speed Grader but she can see ones automatically graded. She claims everything was working fine for a while but then just stopped. She has restarted her computer, refresh...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If I change a current "graded quiz" to "practice quiz", will I still be able to see the students' scores?We were just told we have to do everything Complete/Incomplete, so I need to have their scores so I can decide who meets the 60% threshold.

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, I need to add a link in the left side of the course that takes the student directly to their VitalSource textbook. We have configured VitalSource LTI integration and we are able to create an item within Modules that will do this. When we add a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How many people can join a conference in Canvas at the same time?

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I divide students in to groups for an assignment?

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I delete a discussion post that I posted if the Delete function is disabled?

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

while grading an essay in canvas I wanted to highlight a specific area and it highlighted the entire page and now i cant get it off

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

while grading an essay in canvas I wanted to highlight a specific area and it highlighted the entire page and now i cant get it off

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

trying to highlight one phrase on an essay i was grading and it highlightedentire page and now i can't get it to come off

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I copy a quiz in the same Canvas Course so that I can allow different time limits in the settings?  I need to copy the quiz because students with accommodations receive more time that other students and the only way to give them more time is t...

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I have three classes and want to set up online office hours any of my students can come too. I do not want them to have to sign up ahead of time for a particular slot. I would just like to be online and have them be able to join me. I know I can crea...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I invite my students to a course?  My district does not have google classroom or other online resources.  Can I invite my students to Canvas?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload an assigment that is on my desktop?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to access "speed grader" for some of my classes but in the right, upper corner of the screen, under "related item" I see a "pull down menu" which says "select group to grade" but when I click on it, there are no choices to pull down/ choo...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Help!  I input syllabus info to match with each link and it is listed below my assignments but it is not hooked up with each link because I did not cut and paste into each page and begin the page with syllabus,  The pages will not let me add them to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can view the account analytics but don't see a way to download them. Can they be downloaded in Excel format? (Not course analytics, but for the entire account.)

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do I set up my quiz first and them launch LDB or launch LDB and then set up my quiz?Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to be able to organize my materials in some way.For example:AppleBaconCarDuckEngineFriesVehicle:CarEnginetoEngineCarFood:AppleBaconFriestoBaconFriesAppleAnimal:Duck

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm new to Canvas, so I probably just don't understand how it works, but a student reported that her peer review didn't show up in the discussion, and I now see that that is the way it is for all of them. Peer reviews don't appear in the discussion, ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want module only for those that need a reteach or extra help and do not want the rest of the students to be able to see it.  Is this possible? If so how? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My TAs are having all kinds of different problems uploading their Panopto videos to the course website.  I thought maybe I could solve this easily by elevating them to 'Instructors', but when I went to the People page and clicked on the three dots to...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will Canvas ever link to Sapphire so grading can be seemless and less frustrating?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,All of the canvas imbedded images in my assignments have disappeared.  I've been using Canvas for years and have never encountered this problem.  Please help.  My students cannot do lab assignments without these images.Jill

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was working with the new rich text editor as I prepare to share with faculty. I noticed when I use the option to upload a file it replaces my text with the file name instead of linking to the text as it did in the previous version of RTE. Is this t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi TeamI have added more courses to my dashboard and now I have lost two, so once I click on the dashboard view list they have moved there. How can I get them back on my main dashboard? Thank youTreena McRoy

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I deleted assignments not realizing it would delete my student's grades or any indication that they completed the activities.  How can I retrieve they assignments? 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies