Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

During the quiz, a student told me that the timer was not available. Instead, what was shown there was "Nan minutes, Nan seconds". Thank you for taking time to answer my question.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like to review a quiz in canvas that the students all ready took. Can they go back into the quiz without interfering with their original grade??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have two classes that are identical that I want to be able to duplicate the material without having to make each course from scratch

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I tried to add a student to my canvas class; it said pending however the student never received and email inviting them to the class. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I register for an additional course in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not receive emails for notifications because my Canvas account is not linked to one, how do I change that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there, just wondering how I adjust my settings so students get a notification when I have posted a new announcement? At the moment my dashboard doesn't send a notification on the little speaker icon. Is there a way of enabling this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I searched the guides and it looks like currently this option is unavailable. I have a physical disability. I use Canvas both as an instructor and a student. At the moment, I am using it as a student in a creative writing class so this feature would ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can Canvas calendars, agenda, etc. be repopulated from one year to the next?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when i enter in the student grade after viewing the assignment, what do i do to have it automatically in the grade book.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I remove teachers from a course? I am a teacher, and I was added as a teacher in some courses to help the course teacher with canvas set up and issues. I no longer need to be a part of the class.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I created a course.  How can I add a picture to it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to track who and how many students are viewing my class canvas page? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an instructor, I have unsubscribed to a certain Discussion topic (but I am still subscribed to others). However, I still receive an email notification for each comment posted on the Discussion topic to which I have *unsubscribed*. How do I (a) sto...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-04-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you add homerooms sections to another homeroom section?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who has taken a Kaltura Video Quiz (in Chrome), but the questions aren't popping up. Several others have taken it with no problems, and I have taken it as the test student with no issues.Is there anything I can to to reset the quiz f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I posted a question on my discussion board and mistakenly put the wrong date on when it would disappear. Can I fix that and bring back the question?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does "word bank" mean for a new quizzes fill in the blank question?  Does that mean word you list will be counted correctly?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I accidentally deleted a recorded conference.  Is there a way to undelete it?  I tried the method of including /undelete at the end of the course url.  The conference was not available to be recovered.  Help? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why do the images I add to quizzes keep disappearing ?  It is very frustrating.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need, if possible, to transfer all of the course files from a winter 2019 course to a new spring 2020 course site. so as to avoid having to download all of the files individually.  (Some of the original files were lost.)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do I keep getting the "Woops... Looks like nothing is here! We couldn't find that page!" when trying to create an assignment. I've tried creating assignments a couple of different ways, but I keep coming back to the "Woops" page.Page Not Found

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Once I hide an assignment, how do I get it to show again?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Good afternoon,I was not sure to ask when my April Microeconomics class would be available. I am stuck at home I would like to set things up ahead of time, if I may. Thank you.Opie

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm stuck. I have created my profile and updated my notifications as well as completed a bio. That's as far as I can get. I've been working on this for over an hour, feeling really frustrated and dumb! How can I get assistance other than reading othe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

How does a student up load his completed assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So, when creating a quiz, an instructor wants to assign the quiz to just a couple students.When the instructor goes to the "Assign to" field, and clicks inside the field, Canvas auto-displays a drop down window with a list of sections, student names,...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

1.  Can you set up a conference for a certain time within the set up?  2.  Do you have to invite all students in your course or can you just invite one class at a time?  How do you do this if it is possible?3.  Is there a way for teachers to write on...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for student to have access again to CANVAS account? He disenrolled 6 March 2020 from OUSD-Lincoln Middle

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies