Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

After I have already created, scheduled, and invited course members to a conference, how do I invite and send a link to someone who is not a course member? For example, if I wanted to invite my administrator to the conference.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can see that we can select Pair with observer and get a code but when the student logs out the option to select Paren t of a Canvas user does not show on the log in page.  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I look at one of my courses in STUDENT VIEW all of the ZOOM meetings I have scheduled appear in their view.  The ZOOM meeting appears, and all of the other ZOOM meetings for my other classes are on the screen, too.How can I have the ZOOM meeting...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When my course was set up, the Discussion function was not enabled (it has the "Disabled. Not visible to students" symbol). How can I enable Discussions? I've tried and haven't found any answers. Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I add a course from "Past Enrollments" to my dashboard course menu? When I click the star icon next to the course title, Canvas gives me a message that says: This course cannot be added to the courses menu at this time.

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I set a 50 min time limit for the exam3. But when I checked the student grade through speed grader, I found that some students spent longer than 50min. Is there any way that I can shut down the exam if the time is over?Thank you!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone,Is there anyway to restrict the Dashboard to-do-list and coming soon list to feature only assignments you have set and need to mark and stop it including other staff members assignments that have no relevance to me?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our modules are already created and ready to publish so students can complete them. However, right now, every morning I have to go in and manually publish each module. We want to have a module open and accessible for students to complete for only 24 ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!I'd like to know if it's possible to prepare a quiz and connect it to an item in the gradebook (specifically the final exam).It seems to me that I can only choose Assigments and in the gradebook it will appear as just another assignment.Thank y...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to use 2 laptop when accessing canvas? My access is teacher.  Initially i accessed canvas using my personal laptop.  I also have a office issed laptop which i used more, access using my office laptop is always failed. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a sample answer to Quiz - essay questions (short answer), as a guide for the assessor? But I don't want the student to be able to view the sample answer. I want to avoid uploading an extra PDF answer guide - as I feel the system should b...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enable an option for student view? For example, if I set up a Discussion or Conference how do I allow the student to be able to access it? Take the little eye with a slash off.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create a test course shell so I can import a template into it? Please and thankyou

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add questions from my question bank.  I have several quizzes listed in my question bank but not all.  How do I make sure all of my quizzes are also in my question bank?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I was writing a discussion post and pressed something (a specific key or keys I guess) by accident and all of my discussion was deleted. This is really frustrating, as I had to remember what I typed and redo the whole thing. This has actually hap...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do i delete a canvas account ?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My child has multiple teachers, is there a way to combine the classes onto one account on canvas or do i need to have multiple accounts?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I type the Spanish vowel accents#

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a two in one question.   First of all, I had forgotten my password to an account that I created on Monday (This monday) and I tried to sign in again today but my password was incorrect. I retried to do the "Forgot Password?" but I never got a...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,So we have set up our grade 1/2 for all 4 classes in CANVAS and we wish to sync.However, when sync button blue top right is selected it shows History only, no information enclosed, no associations or other....only the DONE button, bottom right ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone integrated TopHat Test into their Canvas instance? If so, were there any major roadblocks that you encountered? Thank you!William

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can someone advise on how I can get my Apple laptop or desktop to have dashboard work for canvas?  It works on my PC but not my apple products.  The dashboard screen will not load...Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas class consists of 2 sessions, they are supposed to take quizzes at different times. I make the quiz available to one session at 8:30-9:00, the other session at 10:30-11:00, this is easy. However one student need to take the quiz at a time d...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have set and published, are announcements sent to emails?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am getting a message that says error failed to enter.  This happens when I try to open an assignment.  The teacher said others don’t have this problem.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I click on the tabs on the left side of the canvas screen, nothing loads. I am able to access the information form my phone, but when I use safari, chrome, and firefox on my laptop, I cannot see any of the information when I click on the tabs. E...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to disable the notifications sent out to students every time I make a change to a classroom? I know they can manage their notification, but that it not what I am looking for. We have a college-wide classroom, and we don't want to bomba...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was making a formula question in New Quizzes and the answers weren't coming out right.  I troubleshooted the different parts of my formula.  I found that the rad_to_deg and deg_to_rad functions were working backwards (see image).  I went to Classic...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies