Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I'm so used to saying bring me your completed work (back when it was done on paper) so I can check it. Now, all my kids are saying they've done it already in canvas. Last week I found out from one of my middle child's teachers, that was not at all tr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My video recording that I wanted to embed in an assignment disappeared.  Recorded video following directions on YouTube.  Saved recording.  No preview. Refreshed. No preview.  It worked yesterday, but the day before I had the same problem. Couldn't f...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What is the black dot which appears to the left of a discussion before or after you pin it?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Both of my kids are linked in my observer account but I am only getting emails for one of them. Anyone experience this and know how to fix?  What am I missing?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am trying to move questions from one bank to another. I understand the mechanics of it: select the bank, select move multiple questions, select the questions, select the bank to move them to. This works for some of my banks, not others. In so...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good morning!I have been searching for the chat feature in Canvas, but I don't see it anywhere. I am enrolled as an administrator, and after searching the courses and the navigations pane I went to the admin pages. I don't see it there, either. Can a...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I give a different quiz in Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher login at the same institution as my son butam not succeeding in finding where to enter a code to monitor my child's courses-

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using the conference feature, the application window is not available.  Having a hard time teaching the students from a PowerPoint because the screen is frozen to one slide.  Or I jump to another tab but then I can't see the chat feature.  Very ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have added others as TAs to my course, but one specific person has been unable to be added. I entered their school email in and Canvas give me the error message "We were unable to find matches below." Is there anything else I need to do?

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

What are some good plugins/LTIs to check for plagiarism in submitted assignments/gradebook?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to exclude a test grade JUST for certain students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have broken images in my courses. How do I fix them? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add another teacher to my class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you remove a video embedded in a page?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have lost access to Microsoft Office 365 Integration at the account level. (found in Account:Settings) and I can not see any way to rein-able it.  I believe this is why I no longer have those options in the button bar of the Rich-Test-Editor within...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,We have students located in Russia. For several days, they have been reporting problems logging into BigBlueButton conferences. Do you know of any issues from accessing Canvas Conferences from Russia?Evelina TerzievaAUBG

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create a guide and need to make some screendumps and copy them into a page in Canvas. However, its seems I have to add each screendump as  a picture in the course, but that takes ages to do. Does anyone know an easy way to add a screendump ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I set up Canvas to automatically score all missing assignments as a 0 after the due date has passed. Then I went in to set the default score for the students who had submitted their work. I did NOT check the box that says "overwrite existing scores."...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i cant see any courses on my dashboard but if i go on courses i can see my courses but when i click 1 of courses theres nothing come out

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been trying to debug a problem with our Canvas instance for a while now. No matter what I try, neither course invitations or password reset emails will send out. This would point me towards something to do with outbound email config itself being...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how can I upload a question bank?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I delete a background image that my teacher has set for the course? There is no settings tab for individual courses in order for me to change it.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

where is the tab to send an email to students?duh.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I fix my grade book?I have on line quizzes- the grade automatically go into the grade book.  I have 14 quizzes that equal 45% of their grade, class activity equals 15% of grade and the Final exam equals 40% of the grade. I can't figure out how...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In Canvas Conferences, I want to show a video clip from my desktop (rather than linking to YouTube) during a recorded lecture, but when I play the recording back, the video shows but there is no audio.  Is there a way to get the audio to play as well...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i get into my class

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an issue with roll call. When I try to send the link to someone via email they get an error stating that the link has expired.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to set the default time for all users in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies