Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I create a link to a section within the same Page?Example. My Syllabus Page is long. I want to refer students to subsections further down the same Syllabus Page. Can I create a link to a section within the same Page? How?Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to upload assignments and take a quiz all I see are modules and when I click the last one where it shows I can take a quiz I get nothing

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to share a recorded BBB Conference to another course in Canvas?  I am teaching 2 EMT courses - each with a different shell and CRN #- and I don't want to have to repeat an entire recorded lecture separately for each.Thank you,Dana Su...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I make the student roster inaccessible to other students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I undo the automatic  point deduction for late assignments in Grades?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Do announcements to to the observer? Does the observer have access to Modules? Discussions? Assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Ordering of the Courses menu:In the document How do I customize my Courses list as an instructor? it says:Note: Courses are always listed alphabetically...Prompted by a frustrated faculty member's inquiry,  I have just looked at many a "Courses" list...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why does speedgrader change all students score when I grade one quiz and press "Update Scores"??  I'm grading a "quiz" (really an exam).  It has some multiple choice and some I have to grade.  I'm grading questions 2-4 for all students.  First studen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm experiencing a problem with screen sharing on BigBlueButton.  It keeps having an endless mirror effect.  SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I just sent an announcement to all my classes describing how they will access SI Sessions. I used the FILE tab to upload three pdf tutorial documents from my desktop. They show as three links in the announcement.  A student just contacted me and said...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have an assignment that I have had published from the beginning of the semester that is no longer relevant to the coursework. It's due date was always in April but I have one go-getter in the class who went ahead and submitted it early; now I can't...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I set up an account for more than one student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Ok friends how do I upload/save a 9.47 video i made right on canvas? When I got done recording I clicked save and nothing happened

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I am migrating a lecture class online. I will use either Pages or Modules to organize my class sessions. I have created numerous voice-over Powerpoints, recorded via Zoom and uploaded to My Media. I would like to embed links to these videos so th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Im not able to see the icons on my dashoard. They appear gray out and constantly blinking. I try to reload the page using plug ins but no help. What to do? Also, not able to see/access discussions on my computer. I am using an iMac. Thanks for your h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have had a few submissions from students that the text is either in red or blue. And noticed that it was word for word the exact same as another students. Is the text in color telling me that students are cheating? Or is there another way to see if...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

At the top it has Mrs

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you set up the Remind texting app within Canvas? What are your experiences with it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Customize idiotic cheesy things like "Nothing for now", "Nohting for the next week", (when there is plenty announced in the home page and discussion headers but Canvas can't read that), and "... which might be of interest to you" (would prefer someth...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have canvas for teacher material imported school is not listed when a student is registeringWhere do I find the invitation code to give to student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor and 3 of my students have not been able to authenticate. Can I authenticate for them on my end? Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

There was a training this morning and if we finish all of the training modules by midnight tonight we will get bonus pay. I have completed all of the modules, quizzes, and assignments however, it is not registering under my grades. I have triple and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally submitted the incorrect document under a group file and it isn't giving me the option to delete it, just view it. How do I go ahead and delete it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Help! I deleted pages! Can I recover them?# how to recover a deleted page

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I change passwords for my students to log in on Canvas with their families? I teach pre-K so this is a first using this tool. My parents have never logged in before. I have student ID numbers, but no passwords. Thank you for any help with this...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do i send a personal message to students with attachments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you retrieve accidentally deleted quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How to combine questions from two instructors into one quiz

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to add captions to a video media file that I inserted in a Page. I uploaded both the .mp4 and the .vtt file to Files, then tried to add this tag to the embed code: <track src="/courses/0/files/0.vtt/download" kind="subtitles" srclang="en" labe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies