Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Zoom and Groups.  I have 3 sections under 1 course.  Each of these sections are a separate and totally different class.  I would like to meet with each section through Zoom.  However if I click on 1 section, then the zoom meeting is schedule for the ...

• 2 Likes
  • 20 Replies

how do I upload the student name and grade book to Canvas...It asks for a CSV file

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Record video in RCE (instructor): I cannot successfully record and post a video of more than 30 seconds with RCE. Anything longer results in the message, "Failed to retrieve media source."  What am I doing wrong?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My team wants to set up a protocol with announcements that allows us to know which students view the announcements. The idea was that students could like to show they viewed it, but I cannot view who liked the post. How can I see who likes the announ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Sorry if this was discussed before, couldn't find any discussion with these keywords. The question is about cheating in Canvas exams by having a "helper" log in at the same time as our "student." The "student" is in Zoom with his/her webcam on. Since...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I copy an assignment from one course section to another?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am conducting my lectures through zoom, and have it set to record all meetings.  The recordings are all saved and posted on canvas right away so that students can see them automatically.  Is there a way to make the recordings private, so that only ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a teacher of my own courses, and I have been made TA of a couple of other teacher's courses--just in case. How can I hide their classes To Do list and calendar info? I only want my classes to display--not theirs. Is this possible?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a student in Michigan. I have found that approximately 5 of my courses are not on my Dashboard and it allowed me to skip two of them and continue on for several modules.  I was missing MICR 401, MICR 403, MINT 700.2AE, MINT 700.2P. MINT 700.3A, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I log to MyLab Masters for Psychology class from the Canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I keep the questions in a question group without Canvas randomizing the questions each time I hit preview or a student takes the exam?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am signed in as a parent and was wondering how I can remove old courses from my course list? I cannot find a location to remove these and some are 5 or more years old. It makes for quite a mess. Help

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to put in final letter grades. How do I do that?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Do students see the colors in the gradebook? For example, if they have submitted assignments late?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I choose "Z through A" as the order, it shifts to that, but when I get in student view, it is in order of creation.  How can make the "Z through A" appearance stick? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As an instructor how to I upload files to individual students for individual prompts?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how can I make modules visible to students

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This is question is for those of you that your district uses Skyward for grades. I understand that Skyward is integrated with Canvas. When ever I get a new student, it usually takes 24 hrs to process, at our campus, before they show up in Canvas.I ne...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to limit answer lengths in Quizzes?

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

This is a question regarding students with a reading disability who have the accommodation to have tests read out loud. Professors are requiring Respondus Lock Down browser.  The students don't need a screen reader which labels every function on the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, In the rich content editor, creating a page, I am having trouble with my images being flipped when I import them. Is there a formatting feature for images within the editor? I have tried saving my image differently before I import... Thanks!

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My campus will load that I am logged in with my name and my account but when I get to the dashboard the folders for the classes will be there but not my actual class. I can't get into any of my classes because it shows as the folders are empty.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Community,I need help with hiding student names on the grade book for quizzes. I am a Canvas Admin for a Law School and Instructors are not supposed to see the student names in the grade book. I know the names can be hidden for Assignments but ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to add an email for canvas, but I am not receiving the confirmation link. It does not even allow me to re-send the link.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do i add or create something in canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have inherited a Canvas shell with many quiz banks and pre-existing quizzes. Many of the quizzes seem to be duplicate or extra. How can I find out which banks are currently being used by quizzes and which are not in use?Thank you!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot find a canvas quiz that typed last year. How can I find, restore, or otherwise post an "old" quizzes or other material into the new year?Thank you,Mark

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In an effort to transform my course material from slides to web pages, I hope to make the material more accessible. One aspect of this has been adding "lang" attributes to mark the language that the material is in (in the hope of facilitating access ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not sure how/where to find the moderate quiz option, and when I look up previous similar questions on this page, the documents posted give me a response stating I am unauthorized to view them! Help!Thanks,Heather

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies