Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How to combine questions from two instructors into one quiz

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to add captions to a video media file that I inserted in a Page. I uploaded both the .mp4 and the .vtt file to Files, then tried to add this tag to the embed code: <track src="/courses/0/files/0.vtt/download" kind="subtitles" srclang="en" labe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I’m teaching art remotely and I want to see their work and I want them all to see what theyve created. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do students see the comments i have made on their submitted work in speed grader?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am teaching nursing and my exam has some math questions. Is there a calculator embedded in canvas that the student can access?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When using ConferZoom, is there an easy way to link the meeting invite to an announcement?  I cannot find an invite link within the Conferzoom calendar and I cannot link to the conferzoom event from the announcements (or other pages, modules for that...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I find out which students are logged on to Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I combine to courses into one?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In an economics course, I need sometimes to include a graph in a Canvas quiz that is part of a question? How can I do this?  I already have a graph in the question (see Attachment). But, it does not go up with the rest of the text.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to take the modules I have made and put them under categories like Math, Reading, Phonics...etc.  How do I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Earlier all my kids were listed and now they are gone. A parent tried to re-enroll and said my enroll link/number does not work.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you add thing in a student "to do list"

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm creating a multiple choice quiz for my students. I chose the correct answer in the green box as I added each question. When I went to student view to see what students were seeing, the letter answer was shown in the choices. How do I make the ans...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Deleting broken linksI had some broken links on a page and deleted the content. It now shows as a small grey icon. I can't remove the icon, even though I have deleted the content. It still shows as a broken link when I validate the links in settings....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I delete a group I created incorrectly?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A university professor asked: I have a question about Canvas: It appears that there is no prompt to prevent one from leaving a rubric in Speedgrader without losing the comments if they aren't saved.  Could this be addressed with the Canvas developmen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been trying to follow the instructions on one of the canvas guides, but I don't see how to do it according to the example. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you do breakout rooms in Canvas conferences with Blue Button?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I limit the number of times for students to play audio files when they take a listening comprehension test?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know why the table learning_outcome_question_result_fact may be blank in the database? I can pull up the info from Settings/Reports/Outcome Results but my database seems to be missing the data from that table. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am able to login to my canvas account and select options on the left tab such as account, dashboard, classes etc. but when i click on dashboard its a blank screen. When i click on classes i get a list of the classes but once i click on a class i ca...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to see my courses or open courses from canvas once I am logged in

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach the same course in four different sections so they are listed as four separate courses on Canvas. Right now that means that I need to upload every file four times. How do I link my courses so that I can upload a file once and students from al...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have administered a quiz, and all the students have taken the quiz and it was automatically graded. However, one of my (numerical) answers that was used to grade the quiz was wrong. How do I go into the quiz, change the answer (i.e., edit the quiz)...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I put a Rubric in my sandbox?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Canvas, how does the teacher set up the camera recorder, so that the student and the teacher can see each other during the class? Where is the button to activate the camera device?? In other words, how do you turn on the camera recorder for the st...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In an effort to help a student who was trying to register for my course, I tried to register as a "jane doe" so I could see what my student was seeing.  Unfortunately, the computer knew who I was and put in my real name... so now I am listed both as ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to get inbox messages back after you delete them? If so, how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I download a Pearson test bank and use Quiz for an online exam?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.  Like many of you, I am new to doing my courses online.  I teach English and have students revise their essays.  Now, of course, they upload them on Canvas.  If students are doing revisions, how can I have them upload them if the original upload ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies