Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How long can the user be idle before losing authentication or his/her session timeout? 

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What does the migrate button do? 

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Dear Canvas,We were told that CANVAS has a function that records student activity in the class, so we can identify those who are not engaged and notify their advisor. We were told that this is the SER (Student Engagement Rositer) Function. I've looke...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a layered class with 5 different sections of drama students combined into the same class period. In an effort to prepare for our new distance learning model, I cross-listed those sections into one combined course. However, in doing so I lost a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’ve given a questionnaire to my class via “quizzes” on canvas. I want to know where I can receive and view their responses.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I left a lot of feedback in a discussion for my student. I went to the discussion and it is not there. Is is hiding somewhere?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Experiencing significant issues with audio breaking-up while attempting to deliver live class, via Canvas Conferences feature, (Big Blue Button).The problem is so great that Live delivery is a waste of student's and my own time. Currently using Safar...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to move my para educator from a TA to an observer. How do I do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you create a teacher account?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i change and ungraded assignment for student displaying 0 to not display anything until graded?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to create a course certificate when not using Canvas Catalog?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you Delete a User's Media File.

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Last night suddenly all of the grades I had recorded manually for Face to Face classes that are now remote disappeared from the Gradebook. I think they are still in Gradebook History. How do I undo this change? It happened a few hours after I entered...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Quizzes - Allowing students to select from a group on launched quiz. I have been a long time user of Canvas. My one problem is how to provide students choice in selecting short answer questions without having Canvas indicate that all questions are be...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Everyone,I'm trying to learn more about how others have set up exams in Canvas for rather large classes.  I teach a statistical literacy course where there are close to 1000 students.  Normally, exams are taken by students on campus, but this is o...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello. I'm having trouble with the "Mark as Done" button. When the students are in the assignment and have completed it, I set it up so that they have to mark it as done. The checkbox is there, the problem is that they can't click on it or when they ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I assign students a worksheet, how are they able to write on it and submit it on canvas? Can I share a google doc with them and they write on it to submit as well?#submitpdf

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a student that does not want Canvas to access her camera.  Is there a way for her to disable the camera in Canvas?ThanksPatty

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi  I am trying to set up a discussion group for my students to submit their oral reports.  I tried to do my own video but it says Canvas does not have permission to use my video and audio.  I want to know how to do my own and add it and how to set i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up a submission file for assignments?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Twice a course I created became mysteriously "unpublished". There is no notification that it was unpublished. Instead, I have to find out the hard way when an enrolled student contacts us to tell us they can't access the course. Why does this happen ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a (New quiz) using fill in multiple blank option?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My teacher said that the students can contact her but she Preferred Method of Contact: Please use Canvas Email (Inbox), so where can I find Canvas Email ?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I have already created, scheduled, and invited course members to a conference, how do I invite and send a link to someone who is not a course member? For example, if I wanted to invite my administrator to the conference.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can see that we can select Pair with observer and get a code but when the student logs out the option to select Paren t of a Canvas user does not show on the log in page.  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I look at one of my courses in STUDENT VIEW all of the ZOOM meetings I have scheduled appear in their view.  The ZOOM meeting appears, and all of the other ZOOM meetings for my other classes are on the screen, too.How can I have the ZOOM meeting...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When my course was set up, the Discussion function was not enabled (it has the "Disabled. Not visible to students" symbol). How can I enable Discussions? I've tried and haven't found any answers. Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I add a course from "Past Enrollments" to my dashboard course menu? When I click the star icon next to the course title, Canvas gives me a message that says: This course cannot be added to the courses menu at this time.

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I set a 50 min time limit for the exam3. But when I checked the student grade through speed grader, I found that some students spent longer than 50min. Is there any way that I can shut down the exam if the time is over?Thank you!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone,Is there anyway to restrict the Dashboard to-do-list and coming soon list to feature only assignments you have set and need to mark and stop it including other staff members assignments that have no relevance to me?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies