Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Commons and start a new course does not appear on my canvas course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Two questions.  1)  I have set up assignments and students have completed, but they aren't showing up in the gradebook for somecourse and are for others?2)  If I have a quiz question where they have to upload, how can I see the upload in the speedgra...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I keep getting a log-in pop-up on the page where the students have submitted their assignments.  I need to view these, but it is not accepting my log-in credentials.Help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can not get the very first basic download to "launch" me off to download properly.....I had to choose an app, so I chose chrome, and it only downloads the chrome symbol!  Please help me know how to get past this, or can I go somewhere else to downl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I have a somewhat complex need and am hoping for some help.Students are using audio and video as submissions to a course assignment.  I am trying to find where the url's of those submissions are so that I can embed them as media on another page. ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I have an issue where a quiz that has been taken by most of my class cannot be taken by 2 of my class members.  The "Take Quiz" button just doesn't show up for them.  The quiz and the module is published.  The date has not expired.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get into and operate Yammer once I am there?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can a teacher upload an assignment document on behalf of a student into a canvas course assignment? One student has emailed me her assignment ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-21-2023 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi,Is it possible to display a 'conditions of use' page to all new students when they first login?My current work-around is a page in a module at the start of every course with all requirement that the page must be viewed for the module to be marked ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello everyone, I teach Computing at the moment where we are doing MS WORD and the assessment task is create a business letter following the rules as taught in class. Usually, students do it in class on laptops where teachers are monitoring them but ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My module assignments are not showing up under the "assignment tab" on the left side.  Why not?  In my other course, its all good.  It is just happening in one course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am hoping to add a section with resources for reference (links to blogs, online tools, websites). Is there a tool that allows me to insert these links without having to add them into a file (.doc, .pdf)? What would be the most convenient way? Is th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible for students to download video's en recorded  ppt presentations (Kaltura) ?If so, can we block this function?We  want that the recorded ppt's are only available for students who are enrolled (ans in our case, payed) for the course,

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have an assignment of canvas that has some images embedded into it for some of the students to use in a question (hair identification). A couple have contacted me to see they cannot see the images--just little tabs with the filenames (which give aw...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I would like to create quizzes that show one question at a time, with an n-minute time limit per question. Is this latter feature (the per-question time limit) possible?Thanks,Dan

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to upload a late submission from a student to their assignment so it's linked to them - i.e. if they emailed direct to me instead of uploading it via assignment section? I want to mark it via the speedchecker thing

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm new to Canvas. Once I post something on my Canvas, how do I give access to my students? Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Prior to moving my class to online, I had given a paper quiz to my class in a face to face class. There were students that were absent the day of the quiz. Is there a way to create a quiz online with the intent to give it to a few students and not to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I post images straight to discussion forums rather than a link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I edit the previous and next buttons refer to in a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can a student view other student's cam during the video conferencing? Because I received a report during our initial video conferencing that my student cannot see his classmate's cam, but I can see them. Please enlighten us. Thank you very much in ad...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi my name is Margarita Torres, how I upload an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a guide for how students can upload videos to Canvas as a file submission for an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do only some assignments appear in the "to do" box?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find my student pairing code?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy folks,So I have an exam that is given as follows:1.  There is a question bank with two different versions of a test.  Each question in the question bank is a File Upload type question.2.  Students go in, take the exam, submit their work through...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I delete an old course from my dash board?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is no option to select multiple pages. I have hundreds that need to go and it requires 3 clicks per page to currently delete. This is not effective. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-25-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I enable CONFERENCES on my students navigation menu? I see it on mine but on STUDENT VIEW - I do not see it... Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to create different groups in collaborations that I can re- use on a regular basis for reading and maths rotations. Any thoughts would be great.ThanksJon

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies