Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I used my personal email address when signing up for CANVAS account and now any email I send, it looks like it is coming from CANVAS vs my personal email.  I don't want CANVAS appearing on any email I send from my personal address.  How do I fix this...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A page was added to our Master and then synced to all. This somehow changed my page back to what it looked like in August, which doesn't even match the Master page. Is there a way to undo this sync on either end, mine or the master?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to have a link that opens to a new tab so that students can easily continue with their sequence.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

With our school closed due to the current crisis, we have moved to online learning via Canvas. Is there a way to track whether students have logged into my class on any given day other than scrolling through the PEOPLE feature or having students comp...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-26-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can I have one code for all courses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

On my account settings it shows that someone has shared content with me. However, I can't figure out how to pull it up? When I click on the blue circle beside the message, it just says "marked as read". Where would this be or how can I pull it up???

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I share a module from one course to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a powerpoint with a voiceover.  It played in powerpoint.  However when I uploaded it onto Canvas the voiceover does not play unless you download the PowerPoint.  (I am dealing with Kinders) How do I fix that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to install Respondus Monitor to desktop and laptop?Do I need a webcam on desktop and laptop?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go on canvas on my phone all my info shows up under the courses but when I go on my computer nothing shows up. Please help!!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In short, I want to make sure I'm setting up the requirements and MasteryPath elements correctly in a module I'm designing. I've spent quite a bit of time reviewing the available official guides and resources from  @kona ‌ (thank you!!)Here are the t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I add people to my course, I have the option to add a user with the role of Supervisor (instead of student or teacher, etc.) What does this allow or limit? I can't find it in any of the documentation.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Elements:PaperPresentationTeammate evaluation

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am reposting this question from August 18,2016 by Kevin Stewart, I am trying to do the same and wondered if there was an update or addition to allow us to draw in Canvas quizzes while in Lockdown Browser. " Is there any way to incorporate a chemica...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Need help adding Honorlock to our Canvas Account. How do I set up an admin feature

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey gang, does anyone know where to find resources on running classes using conferences and using Google Meet/Hangouts for learning ...  A teacher has reached out and is asking for assistance.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

On canvas how do I unlock the announcements as this is showing an eye with a line through it? How do I unlock and remove this please?  Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment that students are required to do, but they can complete it at any point during the semester, and several have completed it. I used a rubric for grading. With the sudden transition to online, I've had to make significant changes t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm looking to liven up a quiz with a question based on an inside joke in class, but I don't want it to count against them if they get it wrong.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just recorded my first video for one of my modules. I'd like to use the same video in a different class's module. Where do I find the video so that I can use it again?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. How do you END an active chat session so that students no longer have access to it and therefore are booted out? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get Analytics to show data usage?  Although pages are being accessed, the analytics is not reporting this.Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created groups and group sets in order to facilitate discussion in my class. I've created unique discussion threads for each of the groups. But when students open the "Discussion" link, they see the threads for all of the discussion groups, an...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One student has reported that she has tried two different devices to use class Canvas Conferences but cannot connect. Can only use Zoom -- ? Does anything about this make sense? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Commons and start a new course does not appear on my canvas course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Two questions.  1)  I have set up assignments and students have completed, but they aren't showing up in the gradebook for somecourse and are for others?2)  If I have a quiz question where they have to upload, how can I see the upload in the speedgra...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I keep getting a log-in pop-up on the page where the students have submitted their assignments.  I need to view these, but it is not accepting my log-in credentials.Help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can not get the very first basic download to "launch" me off to download properly.....I had to choose an app, so I chose chrome, and it only downloads the chrome symbol!  Please help me know how to get past this, or can I go somewhere else to downl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I have a somewhat complex need and am hoping for some help.Students are using audio and video as submissions to a course assignment.  I am trying to find where the url's of those submissions are so that I can embed them as media on another page. ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I have an issue where a quiz that has been taken by most of my class cannot be taken by 2 of my class members.  The "Take Quiz" button just doesn't show up for them.  The quiz and the module is published.  The date has not expired.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies