Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

What happens if I can't read the feedback that my teacher has given out to me but I can't open?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Looking through Analytics page on my Canvas courses and I saw on a couple courses that they were marked as "Course Concluded" and the last student participation was on March 12th. I know for sure that students have been checking in, working on assign...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I am trying to personalize quizzes by assigning them to individual students (groups of students).I triedcurl 'https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/123/quizzes/456/overrides.json' \ -X POST \ -F 'assignment_override[student_ids][]=789' \ -F 'a...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Recommended video editing software for Canvas

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I posted my daily practice as a quiz so my students can put in their answers. I only allowed one attempt and told them if they did an online tutorial I would allow them to redo. How do I only allow redo attempts to those who did tutorials? I tried re...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who submitted a document in the wrong assignment.  How do I delete the document so that he may send the correct document for that particular assignment?#wrong document

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HOW DO I DELETE Another TEACHER USER in my class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't know why it was so complicated, but by working with someone from Canvas Support and someone from Panopto Support (separately), I got the integration completed. I have Panopto turned on under the "Account" keys tab, and it is also turned on un...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add audio to my questions banks or test?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

This is a question from one of my teachers, who is new to Canvas.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a para to my classroom when adding people is not an option on my page? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! My "Announcements" page is not visible for students. It is on the top half of the navigation page -- that is not the problem. I'm just not finding how to make it visible. I'm sure it's an easy solution. Thank you.

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

1) How do I use the SpeedGrader to grade a quiz on Canvas?2) How do I grade uploaded work for a quiz?3) How do I update scores after grading uploaded work?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have my course in Canvas.  When I go to my dashboard I have three classes.  I chose the one with homeroom because it had all the students enrolled.  I published a song as a test and that shows.  Next, I uploaded a module that was made.  LNC PreK.  ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to share an assignment with another instructor - I don't have the 'Direct Share' option. Is this something that admin management has to enable before instructors are able to do this? Any suggestions or help with this!Thanks,PK

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our Zoom LTI seemed to have broken in Canvas this morning.  Trying to see if it is a Canvas/Zoom thing or something on our end that we may have broken.  Any one else experiencing issues that may have this enabled?thanks, jb

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to create a graded recurring assignment?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

in calssroom modules, i try to upload a mov file and add item, but keep getting the same message that i ""failed to create new item"?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I added myself as an administrator to a teachers page using the enrollment button on her homepage...how do I remove myself?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why can't I add a "new" quiz to a module?  It doesn't show up in the list.#new quiz

• 0 Likes
  • 15 Replies

I have a teacher who says every time he goes to modules, it automatically scrolls down to the bottom. He's using Chrome as his browser. Is there a way to adjust this so when he click on modules it stays at the top?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have uploaded  my .pdf, .docx to Canvas page. My instruction is click modules- page- link to audio/worksheet. However when student tried to open the videos and PDF links in the module, it is denying student access to them. How can I fix it?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All,Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before, I can't find a direct answer anywhere.If grades are hidden (as a course and / or assignment posting policy set to manual) are students able to see any feedback annotated on submissions usi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

testI have a test in one of my classes and want to repost it in the same class for different students to use. How do I do that

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When I recently created a new course, google drive was no longer accessible in that course.  It is still linked to other courses I have created.  I cannot find it in settings- apps at all.  (I am in a "free for teacher" account.)

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

new to canvas.. not new to L.M.S... however I am trying to edit my course home page.. when doing so as a teacher I can see that I have made the edits. then when saving I note that my edits are not visable?additionally when I create an assignment the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using the current quiz option -- if a multiple choice question has 5 options with 4 of them correct, is there a way to only give credit if they get all 4 correct?  We don't want to give them partial credit for only getting 2 or 3 correct -- they have...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have one student reporting that nothing shows on his TO DO list.  I suspect there are a few students experiencing this as they have done no work in the past 2 weeks. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create an assigment that allows students to reply?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to move a subaccount, that contains courses, from one parent to another?We have a Drafting subaccount under our Technical account but need to move Drafting so that it appears under our Business Education account. My inclination is to u...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies