Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

A student's name is being shown as their ID in the grade book. How can I switch it to displaying their name?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason I can't seem to reorganize my classes in Dashboard. I've tried moving them around, un-starring and re-starring them in order of classes taught but the order never seems to stay. I must be missing something basic!  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With the new quizzes, is there a better way to grade essay questions and get the grades to update? I created a quiz for my class using the new quizzes feature, which has honestly been an exercise in frustration. I have a mix of question types includi...

• 5 Likes
  • 20 Replies

How come I can't unsync assignments from term 1 and term 2.In assignments, the toggle button won't work for term 1 and 2.  It works for term 3.Yes I refreshed and it doesn't work in both courses.

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Uploading and embedding images in Canvas during last academic term worked fine...[Addendum: Following suggestion from browser guide, I tried using in a Safari "private window." That workaround revealed the images. I've cleared cache and history, and ...

• 28 Likes
  • 81 Replies

How do I upload a picture or graphic into a QUIZ?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I am trying to make question groups within a Canvas quiz.  I have 10 question groups for one quiz, with each question group representing one topic and one question in the quiz.   I want Canvas to randomly pull one question from each question group...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I cut and paste columns of grades (to put them into a spreadsheet or to transfer them from a spreadsheet)?

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello All,   Recently, I have been giving my students templates of Google Docs to complete and submit using the external tool.  However, if I give them a Doc template with a google drawing embed then image will be great on the student work but not co...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can students insert Language Accent Characters in a written paragraph ? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I updated my course homepage by posting To Do List, PowerPoints with hyperlinks connecting to my posted files.  All hyperlinks on my course homepage work fine, but students' access to the hyperlinks are denied.  How could I enable their hyperlinks.I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know how to change the image of a subject card in your dashboard. The option to change it isn't that obvious to me!!!#

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created a daily modules with different assignments/quizzes in each.  I am trying to create a page with buttons so the students can click on a weekly button that I have imported my different modules into.  The problem is that when I go to impor...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When sending an email to my class or individual students, the students do not populate. What should I do to access the students in the selected course(s)?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't figure out how to check or change setting in New Quizzes.  Also, can students bookmark a question and go back to it? They used to be able to do that. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi thereIs there any way of hiding all feedback after students submit a quiz? ie.. the score and whether an answer is incorrect. I am trying to run a test via canvas and I don't want students to know results until a certain date.Any ideas?Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to label the possible answers to a question in  Quizzes? For instance, "a," "b," etc.  I'd like to be able to offer an option of "A" and "B" only...but can't do that if the possible answers aren't labeled.

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to rearrange the order of announcements on the home page? Seems like that might be important, and I can't figure out how. Maybe in html? Anyone got a solution?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

HiTrying to figure out how to create a webhook.Is there anything within the UI to create it or does it have to be done via API?https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/webhooks_subscriptions.htmlIn the API docs I could not see where to put the url wher...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We had a discussion last week and I see it as the teacher but when I go into student view it doesn't show . We  had created a review sheet for quiz so I wanted it to stay up. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to open a quiz for a single student, a quiz that all others students have already completed and is now closed to the class, who needs to make-up the missed task?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the new quiz (and the old for that matter) is there a way to get the formula to truncate the response (round down to the next integer)?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello there,I am struggling to figure out why the images that I have embedded in my quiz when I made them, are invisible to me.instead of the image I see a question mark in a little blue button.Please see the attachment.Thank you for yoru help,Parisa...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does an individual student only see his or her grades in gradebook?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create a link to a section within the same Page?Example. My Syllabus Page is long. I want to refer students to subsections further down the same Syllabus Page. Can I create a link to a section within the same Page? How?Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to upload assignments and take a quiz all I see are modules and when I click the last one where it shows I can take a quiz I get nothing

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to share a recorded BBB Conference to another course in Canvas?  I am teaching 2 EMT courses - each with a different shell and CRN #- and I don't want to have to repeat an entire recorded lecture separately for each.Thank you,Dana Su...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I make the student roster inaccessible to other students?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies