Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Learning the New Analytics tool and some teachers are running into the problem of only being able to view content from last week.  Is there a way to check student views of pages in real time?  #New Analytics

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am wondering how do I create a test that will have 110 questions but I would like it graded using a 100 point scale.  So essentially the students have 10 extra points built in.  Do I just change some questions to zero points but leave all 110 quest...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Am I able to add pictures as part of the matching quiz?  So having pictures on the left side and descriptions on the right side.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to give a quiz in Canvas, with questions popped up one at a time for 1 minute and then locked, followed by the next question.Is it possible in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to add another teacher to my eCampus. Is that possible?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove a student submission from an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings, all!I have been trying to figure this out for a while. An instructor has embedded a Canvas video (uploaded into Canvas, no external service). JAWS screen reader finds it and identifies it as a clickable link but I have yet to find a way to...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create my own personal event on Canvas calendar as a student? Every time, I click the date I want to set my event to be and the "Edit Event" tool comes up. But even after I fill it out, and press submit, nothing happens. I just want to remin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a detailed Assignment (three times due to this issue actually). I save it, it goes to the module I saved it as an assignment but when I click on it, it takes me to the course Home Page (which has no link to the assignment). I cannot see it ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was looking into a student's page views in my course. It said unrecognized browser. What does that mean?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I have a module I'm grading in speed grader. Sometimes and not consistently when I submit a comment, or alter a grade, it releases all the grades to students prematurely and tells them. I need this to stop, why is this happening. I keep hiding gr...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I post announcements in a course, will students be alerted that there is an announcement they need to open?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I view and mark essay questions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas Team,Using canvas CLI I'm getting data from canvas and created reports using PowerBI. Everything works fine but if assign any assignment to specific students that assignments are not showing due dates. if I assign to all learners then due d...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When importing modules the original modules were replaced. Is there a way to retrieve the replaced modules?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a place on canvas for note taking while I study?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I wanted to create a module within a course that has all the answers to an essay quiz, could I make it so that the module with the answers in only available for the teachers to see?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Learning content grades not showing up in the gradebook

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the best way to set-up cross class working groups for students in same subject? ie. Allow English students in 8A to be in a working group with students in 8C? Also for setting of differentiated tasks and levels across a whole course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I type in a test and i put the correct answer in where it asks but when you preview you can see the answer

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I concluded a lecture using Canvas Conferences.  I recorded the lecture.  However, I am not able to find the recording.I watched a tutorial on Youtube--however--it did not help.  This is because my concluded conference does not allow for me to access...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The incorrect content was loaded into my course. I have the correct content in another course.  Should I delete the content from the course and then copy the correct canvas course using import?  Or should I add student names into the copied correct c...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If a student submitted a media recording using Canvas's built-in media recorder option, am I able to download it as an MP4/MOV? Or any other playable video format/codec I can then open with VLC? I've tried "Download Submissions" under Related Items w...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi there!I have a handful of students who are having trouble logging in to their accounts. They tell me they have signed up and yet when they log out and go to sign back in, they are receiving error messages. Can anyone tell me which direction to poi...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I notice there is an LTI cloud submission for both Google Drive and Google Docs. What is the difference, as far as Canvas is concerned?  Why would it need Google Docs if it already has Google Drive, which includes Google Docs?(I know the difference b...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a senior internship course on Canvas and over 100 Seniors are enrolled in the course.  There are 10 mentors in the course.  They currently can see ALL of the seniors' course submissions, even though the seniors are not assigned to them.  I kn...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am teaching two sections of Spanish 2 next semester. They are to be the exact same course, just at different times. I spent hours inputting all of the modules, assignments, etc. for my Spanish 1 course this semester, and am wondering if there is a ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can we tell the hours that we have been on canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of my modules are not importing from commons.  Some come through like they are supposed to.  Others just do not import.  Help....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies