Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, I teach a course with about 200 students. I had a quiz set up on Canvas and had my 200 students take it at the same time. Canvas crashed and only let about 10 students in. Even for students who got in, there were problems with figures not showing...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I transfer a quiz from one course to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi fellow Canvas-ers, Like many of you, we're quickly trying to spin up remote learning options for our faculty and students, in light of Covid19 and, as of yesterday, a shelter-in-place order in our state. We're particularly concerned about many of ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We can create assignments in CANVAS using Soundtrap as the external app. However, when the student has completed their work and saves we can't see their work in Speed Grader to mark / comment. Not having this problem with Flat Io.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Wanting to get an easier way for both student and teacher to see the amount of time spent in canvas. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I'm looking for a way to allow students to submit class exercises instead of using email. (I'm finding students don't use the suggested subject line to make the emails easier to find, and because I'm in two similar courses it's easy to lose track ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I copy modules from one course to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good Afternoon,I'm a developer with a "Free for Teachers" account and I'm quite new to the live API. I was wondering how I would go about creating student accounts with student emails via the live API. From what I understand once this is done I can t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Do I need to download this app on to my lap top? I have the Dashboard screen on my cell phone,however, it will not function on my laptop. I have the app on my phone...not my laptop. please advise.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have added a google document to assignments using the external tool at the bottom of the assignment page.  I did not embed the document.  When I go to speed grader I can see that the assignment has been submitted, but it will not load.  This happen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to add two separate rubrics to the one assignment? It doesn't look like it to me but just thought I would check with the experts before I tell the teacher no! thanks heapsAlison

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In setting up a quiz question, Canvas allows me to assign one or more points.  This is key for matching, where I may have five matches and I want them to each count for one point.  However, Canvas processes the question as a single point, regardless....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to import an assignment from another course and not have it go into the Imported Assignments category but rather stay with it's original category?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several short video lectures to be shared with three Canvas classes. Can I upload too ??where?? in Canvas -- a folder and then access them from each course? These videos are for my students only, not for the general public or other course inst...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Do students have access to Vidgrid to view and to prepare Vidgrid presentations?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I know as an observer if an assignment has been completed and submitted, just not yet graded?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor I need to see email addresses for every student in class- How do I access this information? I see the section to send email but not individual address which I need need need

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to upload a zoom recording to my Canvas site. What are the steps?Thanks,M

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Morning all, I would like to hide grades and but show comments on my assignments. I have figured out how to hide the whole lot, but I can't seem to separate the two actions. I want the grades to just be available to me in my gradebook, but the level ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you email a student with an attachment in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to request the option for  "Show Question Details" in Quizzes to be available to an unlimited number of questions. We typically have exams with 45-50 questions and previewing all details prior to administering the exam is a very helpful ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 4 hours ago View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I create a discussion board in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Situation: an instructor has many quizzes in a course (in this case 40 of them) and multiple students (in this case 4) with accommodation agreements to have extra time on all of them. Question: is there a way to set this up more in a more efficient m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, Could you please tell me what this message is when I use flipgrid? I am still able to use it normally but don't want to be doing anything illegally. Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I have three classes that I’m using zoom. My students see other classes zoom meetings when the open up zoom in their classroom. Is there a way to 9nky show the zoom meetings that pertain to the designated class.thx

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently added a class but it is not on Canvas just yet. Do I need to do anything to bring that class up on Canvas, so I can see my assignments or modules? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set up a canvas account through canvas website. I have made a class with a couple of modules with links and assignment. My schools wants us to go through the district to connect to canvas. I connect it through my district and now my class with the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, is there a way to receive notifications from specific students only. I have Special Ed students that I would like to receive notifications for without receiving notifications for the whole class.Thank you. Jakim Jones

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used the link validator and this is what I got.Course Link ValidatorThe course link validator searches course content for invalid or unreachable links and images.Restart Link Validation

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way that a teacher can post an announcement to all of his/her students that he/she teaches at once?  Or must it be done at the course level?  Thanks.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies