Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

In the Gradebook, is there a quick and easy way to copy the grade scores from an actual student into the Test Student's scores? That would be wonderful for creating hypothetical final grades depending on how a student performs on future assignments/t...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is anyone else having a problem keeping grades Hidden on a Group Project? I am set to Manually Post Grades (under my Gradebook's Grade Posting Policy), but when it comes to grading a Group Project, they are not hidden after I post the grade.If I manu...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you schedule Inbox messages to be sent to students at future times, like Remind allows you to do so? (i.e. write it out now, release it to students at 7:15 AM tomorrow morning)

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello-I am sending a timed quiz to an individual student. She will need to use documents to write an essay, so she will need to be looking at the documents throughout the essay writing process. When I try to open the PDF file within the quiz, it open...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I recorded two video announcements earlier this week, but today when I went to record new announcements I got a black screen.  I am able to hear my voice but the video is black.  What do I need to do to be able to record a video again?  Not sure what...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I am trying to get the audience participation data out of BigBlueButton so we can report on student participation across the school and i was wondering if that was possible? I know you can per conference export a CSV but i want to be able to do i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using Canvas to exchange couse contat with my students, and have used Canvas for several years.  Normally, when I upload a file and make sure it is "published", my students can see the file and access it.  My problem at the moment is this:My stu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you take attendance in canvas? Or how do we mandate that they get online so that we can properly take attendance?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, all!When using Conferences through Canvas with Big Blue Button, is there a way to see more of the participants? Some people report seeing only a few, while some see all or most. I have looked at BigBlueButton, but have not found an answer yet....

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of my students uploaded a pages file, which cannot be scanned by Turnitin. Do I need to reset the assignment for her or can she just upload the assignment again. I don't see how to delete her first upload.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am thinking of alternative assessments and I am wondering if anyone here has used the Canvas Discussion Tool as an alternative means of assessment.  If you have, do you have a rubric that you can share?  Thanks.

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In Respondus Lockdown Browser, is there a way to designate specific apps that students are allowed to use during an exam?  I am teaching a course in which MATLAB is used, and if we were not forced into an online environment, we would normally have th...

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I update/ change my name in account. I can change my picture but it does not give me an edit to change my name.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We've been running the script  @Steve_25 ‌ shared to include observers in a Canvas Inbox message. I have staff receiving an invalid recipient name error when they try to send a message where they've used this button, but it seems to be inconsistent:S...

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

A student can not see her classes in card view on the dashboard, they are there in her Courses and in List View but not Card View. How can we get them back?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi! I want have a few students that need additional time to complete their online exam. Does anyone know how to give different time limits for different students?I thought that making a group would help, but the group I made doesn't appear as an opti...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

"Google It" link appearing in all of my quiz questions.  What is this, where did it come from, and how do I remove it?  Not everyrone can see it though, which is the really weird part.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a place in Canvas where I can view where all the students in my course completed an assignment or multiple assignments. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have searched and so far all I get in information for group assignments, when students work collaboratively in a group.  My question is different and, perhaps, the Canvas terminology is different than I am used to.  In Moodle, I used to be able to ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to upload jpeg pictures to my canvas quiz however canvas will not let me upload the images from my email. It also doesn't allow me an option to upload them from google drive. I also can't copy and paste the pictures either. I need these diagra...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How did I add a phone number to my contact information?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to add a quick review of how to use BLEND to my assignments.  What is the best way to do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a Parent / Observer are we able to see the assignments/work that our child has completed and submitted? How do we know it has been completed? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I currently don't see a way for you to get notified when someone replies to your discussion posts (or replies to your replies). Is there a way? Blackboard had this feature, which is what I liked about Blackboard more than I like Canvas.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have combined year groups into one course. Essentially staff are collaborating to teach the same learning content.  But, is there a way that one staff member can see their own assigned class(es)'s submissions?I.e. Assign assignment task to all stu...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It's an individual assignment - the group box is NOT checked, but it is prompting me to choose a group before accessing SpeedGrader. Why would that be? Will my comments be visible to all members of the group? 

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to open Grades tab for my Spanish 2 class but it just continually spins.  I have tried for two day, at different times, and yes, I have refreshed, restarted, shut down and restarted, etc.  My other classes open.  What can I do to fix this...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can a student login to Canvas without having to go through Powerschool first?I went here:  Log In to Canvas and the student put in their NHC schools email but it did not work.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies