Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is there a place on canvas for note taking while I study?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I wanted to create a module within a course that has all the answers to an essay quiz, could I make it so that the module with the answers in only available for the teachers to see?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Learning content grades not showing up in the gradebook

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the best way to set-up cross class working groups for students in same subject? ie. Allow English students in 8A to be in a working group with students in 8C? Also for setting of differentiated tasks and levels across a whole course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I type in a test and i put the correct answer in where it asks but when you preview you can see the answer

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I concluded a lecture using Canvas Conferences.  I recorded the lecture.  However, I am not able to find the recording.I watched a tutorial on Youtube--however--it did not help.  This is because my concluded conference does not allow for me to access...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The incorrect content was loaded into my course. I have the correct content in another course.  Should I delete the content from the course and then copy the correct canvas course using import?  Or should I add student names into the copied correct c...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If a student submitted a media recording using Canvas's built-in media recorder option, am I able to download it as an MP4/MOV? Or any other playable video format/codec I can then open with VLC? I've tried "Download Submissions" under Related Items w...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi there!I have a handful of students who are having trouble logging in to their accounts. They tell me they have signed up and yet when they log out and go to sign back in, they are receiving error messages. Can anyone tell me which direction to poi...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I notice there is an LTI cloud submission for both Google Drive and Google Docs. What is the difference, as far as Canvas is concerned?  Why would it need Google Docs if it already has Google Drive, which includes Google Docs?(I know the difference b...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a senior internship course on Canvas and over 100 Seniors are enrolled in the course.  There are 10 mentors in the course.  They currently can see ALL of the seniors' course submissions, even though the seniors are not assigned to them.  I kn...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am teaching two sections of Spanish 2 next semester. They are to be the exact same course, just at different times. I spent hours inputting all of the modules, assignments, etc. for my Spanish 1 course this semester, and am wondering if there is a ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can we tell the hours that we have been on canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of my modules are not importing from commons.  Some come through like they are supposed to.  Others just do not import.  Help....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am and English teacher working for our district to put curriculum online.  I am wondering if there is a way to autograde simple assignments like quickwrites and reflections based on word count.  I'm also interested in whatever else can be autograde...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

#I am an instructor who uses Big Blue Blue via Conferences via Canvas. A colleague needs to listen to a recording of a recent class I taught (synchronous). He must review my teaching. How does he gain access to the recording?@

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, my grades page will not load for any of my classes. It shows a blank white screen. My device is compatible and my browser is FireFox. Is there a way to fix this issue? Thank you! 

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I add a rubric to an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How are incomplete final grades recorded?  What are the steps to designating a final grade of "I".

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi Canvas folks - I'd like to use data gathered from quizzes my students take on Canvas for the purposes of analysis and subsequent improvement of course delivery. Do I need my students' consent to gather this data and utilise it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have contacted the teacher to unenroll me and I have unchecked the star on the desktop but I still have this class on my app. This is my 2nd attempt to reach out to canvas! Yes, I have deleted and reinstalled the app twice!Please help:Here is the i...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

when I have my conference zoom. I clicked it . (the day and time) an only I can see on the screen my name. I do not hear or see the conference. I am losing point. please help me. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add an instructor to a course that was the taught the previous semester?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello  and Happy Tuesday!Only limited students can have access to my canvas course.I want to provide teachers with a link to my Canvas course, on their canvas course, to these students.Where do I find the link of my canvas course so I can copy and to...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm using a discussion to give students practice asking and answering questions (I teach a world language class). I am sending students individual feedback on their posts, and would like them to be able to edit and update their posts when they get th...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have assigned a point value to videos I have assigned the students to view.  How can I tell if they have viewed the video?  Will it automatically appear?  Do I have to check the analytics?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I calculate extra credit in the grade book?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am differentiating an assignment.  I duplicated the assignment a bunch of times and edited it for different levels of students.  I assigned the different assignments to different students. Now, I want to add the assignment to my module.  If I ad...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

where do i go to see all available courses and are you allowed to do more than one course at a time?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies