Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I preview an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach Clay Sculpture I and II (or sometimes an Advanced Ceramics section) in the same class. I'd like to have 1 Canvas course for them, especially right now during COVID, but the cross-listing instructions imply that they're only referring to secti...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students cannot open attachment. The assignment is published and open.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

i have uploaded a file into a module for my students but for some reason when they try to access the file they get an area message that says "unauthorized" What am I doing wrong? How can I make it accessible for my students? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I put in answers but then they disappear.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm set up as a Course coordinator in a class and I'm trying to see recordings made by the instructor, but I don't see any. Is it possible to set up canvas so I see these videos, but the other students don't? Also, how long should it take for an hour...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I edit an assignment from a blue print course when the option is not there?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a discussion where I use my Canvas Modules with my video screen in the corner?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have tried making a multiple-choice quiz.  All seemed good, but when I put it in Student View, the answers are there but not the questions.  This is my first time using Canvas for online quizzes and I am getting frustrated.  Any help would be appre...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Any e-mail addresses didn't need to be filled when I signed up as a student on Canvas from my instructor's link. But I realized I have missed something since it is automatically logged out before setting. Once I had been logged out, I couldn't log in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I begin a course I sign up for? I see the modules and I click the first one to begin but every time my screen will go white and not load anything. Any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my calendar, when I hit the "plus sign" or add button,  there is only a tab for events.  How do I add a tab for assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HI,HOw do I create a Quiz in which the students upload the answer as a handwritten scan?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In place of the default blank photo / avatar for a student is it possible to put name like Chris J. so communication is clear?  For some things like Discussion it includes the name, for others it is not so easy to tell.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I copy a Practice Quiz from one class to other classes in the same term?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am just typing in modules and discussions for my course.  I would like to know how to see what the student will see before I publish the course. How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know this is typically for paid users, but there really should be a way to integrate with open-source versions, at least during this coronavirus outbreak when we're all scrambling to move to online.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach several groups of students and none of them are "assigned" to me, how can I add students to my course so they are able to access?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I create a practice course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've authorized my google drive account in settings, but when I try to submit an assignment using the google docs tab, the documents that pop up that I would be available to submit are documents that have been shared with me, not the ones I've create...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have loaded instructional videos onto Canvas and they are published.  (Green circle with the check and everything)  When my students try to watch the videos, they get a message that the file "video" is locked.  What can I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 12 Replies

How many photos can you upload to a Canvas assignment? Can students upload 10-15 photos?  Is there a max. size for the upload?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are adding an addendum for the current pandemic. As an admin, can an addendum be posted for syllabuses, without doing it manually? Would it affect the document they have uploaded?Or would it be something that appears in the syllabus section?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you direct Chat to only your class as you can a discussion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-01-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Can I get my narrated PowerPoint to play sound in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to allow more time in a quiz for the few students with special needs, without adding time for all students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I estimate the length of time needed for a student to take a multiple choice and T/F Exam of 71 questions? How do I keep students from spending time looking up the answers on line?Denise

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set up Canvas Chat for my office hours - to have all my courses access that time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I posted a quiz for three of my sections. Two were fine, but one of them lists the correct question value in the quiz, but is treating the overall value of the quiz as out of 0. I cannot find a way to make the assignment value overall match the quest...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How do I grade the free response in canvas quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies