Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do you display files on the Course Card in Card View? My husband is a teacher too, and the file icon shows up on his cards, but not mine. With the file right there, it's much easier to up load a video from my own camera than without it.

• 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

My students are currently uploading their assignments and in speed grader I notice their files are uploading (I could download them to view them. My issue is that instead of previewing the file in speed grader, all I see is a grey screen that says "O...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do you set up a place for student submissions like research reports in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,We are using BigBlueButton for our video conference sessions. Does anyone have a tool/resource to recommend for faculty who want to write on the whiteboard? For example, if faculty want to write out the steps to a math problem, is there a styl...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Last night I emailed respondus with the issue below and was told to contact Canvas:The issue with the setting "View Results Only Once After Each Attempt" is an identified Canvas issue that was reported to Instructure Support a few years ago. Unfortun...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I replace broken Internet links in a course?

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I want to be able to assign part of the class one assignment and part of the class a different assignment.  It is not a collaborative assignment.  It is an individual assignment that is differentiated between two different groups.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I change the enrollment status (as student to teacher)

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

LTI consumers who import thin common cartridge files (.imscc) very often run into the problem of having their LTI connections overridden with default credentials which have the word "fake" set as the oauth_consumer_key value. I often witness this beh...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import outcomes from one course to another? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I  import students from one course to another one?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is my PBPL class in my past enrollments when I am enrolled for it this quarter? It does not appear on my dashboard either. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add back in a module that I previously deleted?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to know 2 things:1. Where do I go and see when students log on to canvas2. Where can I set a date to schedule a conference with students. I see there is no calendar feature

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to put an automatic slide show on a page? Something like a PowerPoint slide show that actually plays when a page opens, not one that someone can download.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I restored my course not realising it would delete all my content. Is there a way I can get it back? I spent month creating it and all I wanted to do was run the course again with a different cohort of students in a weeks time. Please help!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I manage a sub-account for a larger consortium and would like to know if there is already an API or data report that will list all items flagged by the accessibility checker. I'm interested in the scope of accessibility issues and asking not to use i...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I updated the content of a course I have shared with another teacher, will the content also be updated for him/her without re-share again?Thanks!!

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a student user on Canvas and for some reason, I can't change my profile picture. Every time I change it or upload a new one it's all white or it has a little picture icon like in the picture. It's not a problem with size, I checked my files and d...

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

how can I record a lesson and post it to Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to disable the playback speed on videos posted so the students cannot view at 2x speed?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why is a column in grade book highlighted pink?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What does it mean for Canvas to say "Test Student scores are not included in grade statistics"? I see that on my test student grades page. In particular, this sentence appears when I click on the check mark icon right next to several assignments I cr...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What is happening with the conference feature? I had one set up, but after clicking "join", it just gives me a blue screen, then finally this error.  I pretty much had to cancel class today after trying logging out & back in, etc. for 20 minutes.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.Please may I ask how I can re-sync if the sync didn't pull through and there's no duplicate pages pushed through?Even with all the pages locked? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When using the large classes option in canvas and grading discussions, opening the speed grader tool from the group discussion thread opens only the first group. Grades must actually be accessed first through students individual posts. While not some...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm having an issue with Blend and I can't seem to be able to access the report a problem link. Every time I visit my calendar all I see is a white screen with the blend toolbar on the left and a find appointments button on the right. Nothing else sh...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do To-Do dates "shift" (or go away?) when doing a course import and shifting due dates?I'm about to show teachers various things about using Pages, but not sure how To Do dates work.  I get it that checking this and adding a date will put it on their...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello this is Tracey Sigers, I am the Director of Information Technology Services for our charter school district, my team and I are looking for a way to pull out an daily activity log for student participation  or daily student login. I did look int...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies