Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I teach two "Professional Ethics" courses.  I need to turn them both into online classes.  How do I activate Conferencing and Big Blue Button to do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I share quizzes and/or modules between my courses and courses of other teachers/users?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning everyone!  Since we are thrown into online learning due to the circumstances, I was wondering what is the best way to setup the 'Passport to Canvas' course for all of our teachers and students?  We have about 18 different courses and eac...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!I would like to copy and paste images into Canvas announcements.  I googled this issue and got posts from 2015 that Canvas was working on this issue.  Other posts were from 2017 that said the same thing.  Has this issue been resolved? I've trie...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using a Mac and the dashboard doesn't display.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to login my three kids on my mac.  One will login fine, but when try ad login the other kid, the info for the first kid keeps popping up.  How do you login multiple users?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are having a lot of success with immersive reader on laptops but can't seem to find the function on iPads. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, can I have different late submission policy for each assignment? For example I want a late submission policy for assignment 1 and I want another late submission policy for assignment 2. Is it possible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set up my people(students) into 3 separate classes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do can I get my current assignments through the canvas API, I am a student so it seems I do not have access to GET /v1/courses/{course_id}/assignmentsI'm assuming that is because that is for teacher/admins only but I do not need to edit an assign...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I view an attachment that a student has sent to me, via the inbox, rather than first having to download it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I turn on comments for all announcements in a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have tried restating my computer, and logging in and out of canvas. It will not let me reply to my teacher's assignment, therefor I cannot do the peer reviews either.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I compose and attempt to send an e-mail to all students --I keep getting message --"invalid recipients".   I've tried numerous times.  HELP.T. Ford

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a folder and put files into it. But when I share the link for the folder with my students it says the folder is locked and they can't access any of the files.  How do I unlock the folder?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

¿Cómo modificar el correo electrónico de inicio de sesión a Canvas? Es posible o tendría que hacer otro registro?Translation from Google Translate: How to modify the login email to Canvas? Is it possible or would I have to do another registration?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How and where do I find my classes?  I was told they have been loaded, but where?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have inadvertently over-ridden Quiz responses from 18 students, after re-assigning the Quiz to a student that needed to complete it after the lock-out time.Only that one student's responses are now there. I am hoping the other 18 responses can be r...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,How do I delete my instructor comment to a student group assignment once I've submitted it? I have the grades hidden at the moment.Thanks,Karen

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally deleted a quiz, how can I get it back?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why isn't my canvas working on my MacBook Pro? Is there something I have to download in order for it to work? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I see my student's daily time logged in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to add a class discussion however it says that the discussion feature is hidden from students and I realize that the students are not able to participate as they do not see what I have posted. how do I change this setting? The Announcemen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I will be teaching two sections of the same class.   I want to cross-list the two sections.  Do I have to build the second class completely?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have recorded a couple conferences now for my lecture and it turns out that they are disappearing much sooner than 14 days. Someone please help.Christian Jaureguy 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why can't the students see the assignments even though i published them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have gone into assignments and created a written assignment with the submission option of "text entry".  Even in student view,  I can't see where they students are going to type their entry?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-22-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What types of files can student submit?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do you have your courses 3 across on the dashboard