Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do you delete a canvas account completely? I need to make a new canvas, but can't use my original email because of this account I didn't mean to make. Please help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you import publisher flash drive content to Canvas that you used in a face-to-face classroom?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

on Google Classroom you can invite another teacher to join your class.  Can the same be done using Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having difficulty connecting OneNote and Canvas.  The steps look correct but then when I try to access OneNote from Canvas it asks me to create a brand new notebook.  This is generally not working for me, but I do have two specific questions tha...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Do I need to have a paid Canvas account to access the ability to upload SCROM files?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Due to the strange ending of our 3rd quarter, I would like to drop a test and hw assignment. On the last (older version) of canvas I was able to "add a rule" for each category and do it.  I can't seem to do it now.  There is a message saying that I h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I use Big Blue Button to do a conference?Can you set a date/time for a Big Blue Button conference? How will students know when to join?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I posted a quiz in Canvas and some students are getting an "unauthorized" notification that blocks them from accessing the quiz, while other students are able to access it. Colleen

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What's the fastest way to convert a big exam that was written in class (with multiple choice, true-false, matching, essay, and fill-in the blank questions) to an online test without having to type each question in by hand in the quiz section?I have t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas community,I've recently published an ungraded quiz to serve as a poll. Some of my students have had no trouble submitting their answers, and others get a "no access" page when they try to open the quiz. Please advise.~Owen

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can you import a youtube video into canvas/ assignment page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make discussions visible to students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student and I need to create a simple video through Canvas, just one camera that's mounted on my computer screen. Every link that I try isn't helping. Where can I go for help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Here is my issue:I set-up my discussion with a deadline to submit initial answers and then after the deadline expired, I reset the deadline to open it up for replies. Unfortunately, students who missed the first deadline have informed me that they ar...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I just set up a Free for Teacher account. How do I get a "class code" in order for my students to log on?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach a drawing class at a local college and since the Coronavirus scare I now have to put my class on-line. I have assignments posted on Canvas and have taken on-line classes in Canvas but now I need to know how to let students upload their weekly...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'd like to populate the Canvas Calendar for my course at the beginning of each week and then make the Events visible to student at the beginning of each day, but it seems Events can only be posted immediately. Aside from creating Events in a separat...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can students mark themselves as attended if they click on the Assignment within Roll Call?  Or will it just give them an error message? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you attach the annotated speed grader to submit back to the student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to delete a module from the dashboard

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I choose to Edit a user's course role the new account role 'Act As' is not listed in the drop down.  I want to give teachers the 'users act as' permission.The new role is also not available under Settings / Admins:

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My college students can't find the quiz I posted. I checked and it IS published. But they can't find the quiz. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to unpublish something from media Gallery

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to use Collaborate and Then Share with All in Class?If 3 students collaborate and create a powerpoint in Collaborations, how is that then shared with the whole class?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This question is about the scoring for a Quizzes.Next question that requires multiple correct actions. For example, a matching question might require five items be matched for 'correctness'. It seems that these items are scored as all or nothing. Tha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not able to put more than 8 multiple choice quiz questions.  I have tried Chrome and Firefox but to no avail.  I want to use 10 questions, but whenever I try to put the ninth one in it does not show up.  Help!  Very frustrated at this point.  Th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On my home page it goes directly to Module page .I want the home to be just a home page:-) How can I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instructor's question...On my main Canvas Discussions, I have four groups. I want to use (for now) only one Group discussion that automatically splits the class into two groups that discuss simultaneously. I need to know how to set up the dates and t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I change the little human icon to a real picture of me??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a quick way to check how many/which kids have seen my announcements without having to check each individual student's analytics?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies