Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

When inside a course, on the left side of the screen, the quizzes, discussion, and assessments have an icon for students not able to access. Do I need to turn access on for students to be able to complete them. It is not addressed in the quizzes vide...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I blur my background in conferences?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't open open for discussion. Stuck on closed for discussion on discussion board.Please help. And thanks.Cynie Cory

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you please remind me where to go to manage my notifications? I am receiving emails every time a class member makes a comment in the discussions on our class page.Thanks.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to Canvas. If I upload an exam , what do my students see? How do I grade the exams. I have been looking but I cannot find then answers to these questions. Thank you.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I convert a PDF into a Google Doc so the students can write on it rather than having to have them annotate a PDF in Kami?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to get notifications on phone from CANVAS messages

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not able to publish my course because I didn't finish the registration process according to a message sent to my email.  However, there is nothing else I could do as my registration process seems to be completed already.  I opened the account as...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how do I (an instructor) send emails to students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment within a module. I want my links to open in a new tab, but cannot find a place to edit / control this feature. Has anyone found a way to do this? 

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am having trouble recording a video on Zoom.  It keeps saying I haven't assigned a host so I can't access my recording.  How do I assign a host so I can access my recording and edit/upload it to my class?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello CommunityI hope you are all keeping well during this extremely strange and stressful period in our lives. Just seeing the term COVID -19 at the moment spikes my anxieties.We have been having issues with New.Quizzes.When a quiz is created within...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

My students' Discussion #8 posts have mysteriously disappeared. CH 202.5506 (online). 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have concluded a course and now students can't see it. I have searched how to unconclude it but I do not have those links available. Help please.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created an admin role for the purpose of managing a sub-account. However, when I attempt to add admins at the sub-account level, the newly created role is not available as an option in the drop-down list.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What workarounds are folks finding when creating questions on self-scoring quizzes (i.e., no instructor is going to fudge around with scores in Grades)?I wanted an item with 4 responses in which two are correct. The item is worth 2 points (1 point fo...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is there no +People button on my People page? I want to add students from another class into my course to view my assignments. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you make another person/student a moderator? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just deleted an assignment that I really should have just renamed.  Is there a way to retrieve it?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am wondering if there is any way an instructor can access the biography section of the student's profile.  My student is not able to get to it since she only has a phone and no wifi.  However, she sent it to me.  Can I upload the information to her...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to change the number of maximum points for a quiz.  When I go to the quiz->edit, the points are not included, just the fact that it is a "Graded Quiz."  How can I change the points for a quiz (before publication). Prof. Drielak

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I transfer a canvas course(shell) copy to another course on canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student's name is being shown as their ID in the grade book. How can I switch it to displaying their name?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason I can't seem to reorganize my classes in Dashboard. I've tried moving them around, un-starring and re-starring them in order of classes taught but the order never seems to stay. I must be missing something basic!  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With the new quizzes, is there a better way to grade essay questions and get the grades to update? I created a quiz for my class using the new quizzes feature, which has honestly been an exercise in frustration. I have a mix of question types includi...

• 5 Likes
  • 20 Replies

How come I can't unsync assignments from term 1 and term 2.In assignments, the toggle button won't work for term 1 and 2.  It works for term 3.Yes I refreshed and it doesn't work in both courses.

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies