Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a peer evaluation discussion that isn't showing up on the my students' page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to add a discussion to an assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you enable the 'Graded ' Button in a Canvas Discussion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you get assignments to show up on the calendar?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you have added a group of students to one course, then have created another course that you want to add the same group of students to, is there a way to do this without typing in individual student emails and names?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the most effective way of using Canvas Chat with students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My Culinary College has used Canvas casually for several years, but we are now in a steep learning curve.  We have the Basic subscription.  I've used Big Blue button to record classes for quite some time, but am concerned about a stream quality warni...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have groups for a team project set. How do I enable announcement post to be able to reply? I know how to do it for each team (at a time from each group page) but how to enable for all group at once. However I do not want students to be able to repl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had students submit their exams into Canvas as a word document . I went to gradebook and can see that 5 students have already submitted their document.How do I open the documents under each students name? I see a little icon that resembles a page.T...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have students complete extra credit papers - as many as they choose through out the semester.  Is there a way to have open ended submissions?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone know if there is a way to have units show after the blank for entering a numerical answer.  Something like this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This is aided at Canvas Conferences gurus....Situation: Student cannot load software (CAD)onto their computer as their computer can't support it.Question: In Canvas Conferences, can the instructor share the software on their computer and then allow s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the ConferZoom in my CANVAS page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-26-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How  do I make an app visible to my students?  Announcements is still not visible to them, even though I moved it in settings to where they should be able to see it.  Help!Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what is the easiest quickest to learn and get online with zoom, panopto or big blue button or what else

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do students sign up for protect/assignment groups?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I can access and see my recorded lectures but my students can't. They have an error message when they try to open the recorded presentation or notes.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have used html code to set a stop time for a video that I have uploaded to Canvas and added to a Canvas page, but I can't get it to work with an embedded video. I have looked at Notes on YouTube Playlists, and the information re this seems to be th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am uploading papers to my Unicheck account, but my instructor doesn't see them in his instructor's account. What's wrong?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My student's progression through a module is automatically marked as complete even though they have not completed assignments.  Is this an issue or is there a way to correct this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upgrade into zoom pro? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My conference recording is only recording the presentation and not my video.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why do I see data hidden by privacy settings in the Unicheck account?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to use Canvas to run a report that will tell me the missing assignments for a group of students across all classes?For example: If I upload a roster for a football/basketball/baseball team and run the report it will show me all of the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using Blueprints with pages. When I insert an image in the page, the dialogue asks me where to find the file in the Canvas folders (see attached screengrab).Where should I be saving my files so they are not dependent on any particular admin user...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Assignment submissionsCan a student resubmit and or submit multiple files in the online assignment submit area?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My jpeg/picture keeping rotating to the side. I saved it the correct way, but when it is uploaded to Canvas, it appears sideways. Is there anyway to resize it or rotate it in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to have apps disabled by default in a course?  We've added a tutoring app that faculty can use for their course if they want. But as of now, the app is in the "Enabled" area of the Course Settings > Navigation.  We want it to default t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I work at a museum and we have a large presence of home school groups and we are looking at conducting our monthly home school lessons on Canvas and I have several questions. 1. Can the students and their parents log into canvas and view our classes ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am linked to many courses and I would like to only receive the notifications from my course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies