Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I split my course into sections?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is it that when I click on select assignments, there is a large blue block that reads "LAUNCH" What didn't I do?Do I need to do something else?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher and just setting up my classrooms.  I want my students and parents observing to receive emails that contain my announcements.  I know I need to have my course published first.  Do the parents and students need to click on the "external...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can view reports for an assessment in New Quizzes, but unable to print the reports.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have been trying to re-upload submissions into SpeedGrader but keep receiving the following error message:Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.Please contact the s...

• 4 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I am able to create a new conference and press the record button. According to the help page for this topic, a recorded conference will show up in the Concluded conference section with an arrow beside it and underneath you will have the option to vie...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher who has lost the course code, How do I find it?#course code

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I work very, very hard to learn what I am also paying for and I feel like the Professor I have is not helping the class whatsoever. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I messaged my students who were missing an assignment directly from gradebook using the "message students who" function. Does this message the parents as well? In not, is there a way to quickly mass message parents from grade book? 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I understand the steps to email an entire class at once, but when I try this on the recipient address book it says there is only one person in the class even though I have a full roster on my "people" tab.  How do I fix this so I can email all of my ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am creating multiple choice questions for my economics class and in many of my questions, I will need to embed a picture of a graph.   I have create png files in Pictures and I need to upload to my quiz questions.  (I actually have done this ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have hours requirements so if they leave early or miss an hour we need to be able to record that and export at the end of the semester easily. 

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm using free version of Canvas. I published my course last night. I opened a page this morning to edit. I added media and some text and saved it.  When I go back to the module I don't see my edit. If I open edit, I see the changes. What am I missin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a quiz on Canvas that requires students to submit a pdf of their work. For some reason, there appears to be no way for me to mark up this pdf in Canvas as I would with an assignment. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students were trying to do a Quiz on Santillana Espanol HS1 Broward and they received a 514 error message. What does that error means?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a teacher from my Canvas course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using TestOut which is integrated with canvas>  when i click to select the assignment< it automatically goes to the link so i have to wait and then close the browser window to get back to canvas and the edit assignment button 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the status of an individual from student to T/A?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recorded a video announcement...I don't really know how long until it saves or loads...I've been sitting here a while.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set up Discussion Boards. One particular Discussion Board, there are three responses that show that students clearly saw the questions to answer, but my original post, as I am looking at it, now shows only the rubric and not the questions. Strange....

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have copied the assignment to all the classes I need it in, but then I can't figure out how to "paste" or get it into the other courses.  I seem to have figured this out last week, but it is not obvious and I remember it taking forever.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a teacher who posted a quiz and the item analysis is not reflecting the actual number of students who have taken the quiz. When he clicks moderate the number of kids who have taken the quiz is higher than the number reflected in item analysis?...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I edit points in modules?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to have my students log on to Canvas, however they are being directed to enter a Google E-mail instead of the username and password page.  How can I change this redirection so that they can enter their usernames and log on?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like for an assignment to show up the same in gradebook with the same title, but I need to modify the assignment for my SPED students.Everyone (minus SPED) receives assignment ASPED receives assignment A-modifiedIt shows up the same in the gr...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good Morning!  I was training a teacher on how to use Edpuzzle on Canvas and I was logged in as them (admin) and I accidentally logged in as me on Edpuzzle and now when he logs in it is me instead of him.Can you instruct me on how to remove my accoun...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I determine what version of Canvas I am using?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I move a module from my Sandbox to a course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I am an instructor for Richard Medical Academy in Toledo, Ohio. We are using online education materials for at least the next 5 weeks. I am teaching Anatomy and Physiology 1 for 6 weeks of the next quarter. Someone has already added content, maybe...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies