Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Can teachers within the same school share quizzes they have made? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I made a "New Quiz" but now I don't know how to assign it to my different classes or how to even put it into my module page.  It doesn't populate when I try to Add Quiz inside the Module.

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I need to talk to someone about canvas.  my computer is not working properly in canvas.help.loretta palmore

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to translate Canvas to Espanol for just one child without changing the entire group?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am in a Page and giving instructions about how to use software (Premiere Pro). I have uploaded PNG files to demonstrate the proper settings for Premiere. The pages looked fine but 2 days later the PNG files all went off line. This is the case on my...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to design an online midterm exam. The exam contains 3 problems (it is an Engineering course) with 8 to 10 questions per problem. In order to reduce any cheating probabilities, I have decided to have 3 slightly different sets of questions,...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to copy a New Quiz from one course to another. I see on the side of the quiz it says "Copy," and so I click that, and then it asks which course to copy to, and which module to copy to, and then it gets to copy and says at the top that the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between a Google Assignment and a Google Docs Cloud Assignment? 

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am a teacher in Volusia County, I use Canvas and recently one of my colleagues at another school told me that we can sync our grades from canvas into Focus. I searched and found how to do it, but it isn't enabled and I can't find anyone to enable i...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want up upload an image for a quiz. When I do, the student view says it is available to the students. How do I upload an image for a quiz that students can't see?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have been able to delete them in the Module but when I bring up "Grades" all I can do it hide them.  We are using this as a check-in for attendance on a daily basis and the columns are piling up.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how would I assess a peer Journal article on establishing a social and emotional support group for families with special-needs children

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My wife is a student at San Jose State University and all her teachers have an announcement feed at the top of their home page. The rest of their home page is just a page they created with their own content, but the announcement feed is uniform in th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Custom sections seem to be the preferred method of setting up differentiated work for students in Canvas. Groups seemed like they would work because you can assign to a group. But, they don't because a single submission counts for all members of the ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can different students take a quiz at different times?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I change the image of the tile?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our CSR has moved on to another job, who is my new CSR? Should I expect an introduction of some sort? 

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have two questions:1. In "Kaltura My Media", I have published all videos to the class, why students cannot see them? Under each video, it has been shown "published".2. Since the students can't see my videos published in "Kaltura My Media", I al...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want my students to share their power point presentation for classmates to look at and comment on. Is Discussions the place to do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There is only 1 assignment that I can not see the comments that have been made in the speed grader.

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why do some students say that the assignment is locked?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a 7th and 8th grade school counselor and I am wondering if me and my co worker that that is the 5th and 6th grade counselor can have access to the same page? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can we change the assignment groups and weighting for the last trimester of a course? We have moved to virtual learning for the last tri and faculty would like to change the assignment groups and weighting of those groups for only the 3rd tri. I'm no...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I read an assignment / click on a link, it doesn't show that it's been done, so when I go back to the class I have to remember where I am.  Is there a way to note what tasks within a module have been completed?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set up a discussion with my class and I have it graded for incomplete/complete. when i sync it to my gradebook for my county it shows up as a E letter grade because the possible points i put as 0 but it didn't change my students grade but i do...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried watching a recorded conference, but when entering fullscreen mode the screen goes white. Anyone knows how to fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assign short educational videos to watch.These are now in-lieu of 'in-class participation points', so i'd like to assign automatically points to everyone who watches the videos. How do I do that when I set up the assignment?I have points assignedI ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have embedded a Google form in a Canvas assignment. This works fine to collect the student data on Google forms but I would also like to have their responses show up in Speedgrader so I can grade these responses directly. If and how can I accomplis...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey! How do I invite my students to join my course? My district does not have a learning platform, and the other one several of us use has crashed. I have used Canvas in another district and loved it, so I decided to try the free version. I just cann...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you make the assignments tab visible to students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies