Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I can't find the meaning of RAS scotomas self fulfilling prophecies  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-16-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Okay, not a question, but an expression of gratitude. Thanks, Canvas, for letting my classes continue during a time of uncertainty. My students really benefit from the features you offer.  May your servers stay robust and your staff healthy.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,One of our faculty reported this problem:   ". I went through 10 video feedback recordings of about 40 seconds each and now it only lets me submit written feedback.   This must be an ongoing problem with video capacity."

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to make a quiz in canva

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've ended up with student work in two places: Under the "upload a draft" location, and under an "assignment" location. When I work in Speedgrader, some assignments are in one, and some in the other.Is there a safe way to collate these submissions? I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to restrict students' ability to create conferences?  I still would like to use conferencing as part of the course, but only instructor-created conferences.  Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I can't find my media to access Kaltura. I see it in the individual class, but there is no link to access it. Can someone tell me how to access it from the homepage of Canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, everyoneOut institution looks for a good solution in a proctoring system to be integrated with Canvas as an LTI.I did not find a question who asked the same question, so I am sorry if it is repeated.We need a system that is capable of indicating ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

hi everyone, currently, I'm using the free version of canvas in canvas.instructure.com, will it possible to add chat features on my courses in the free platform?I already searching the chat feature in the previous discussion, it seems it needs to be ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students have to submit a Portfolio and they usually make a video, but the video is too large even on PDF for uploading and they have to choose just to upload part of it. I end up getting lots of pictures and videos in my email. How can I fix this...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

i want to turn in an assignment and i can't 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between a TA and a Student TA under Roles (in terms of access)?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to change my display name, but that's disabled for me, and I don't know who to contact in order to change it. Could someone please tell me who I can contact in order to change it? I'm going to a school in the Jordan School District, if that he...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i send a reminder for a discussion to a student who has not participated?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to delete a gradebook and then re- import- how do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload a discussion on Dashboard and how do I reply to someone else discussion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've setup a quiz with a time limit of 180 minutes . I've also specified "Available From" and "Available Until" dates that span a 3-hour window. I've read that quizzes will auto submit at the Available Until setting.I have a student with extra time a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to set the default scores of all unsubmitted assignments to "0" without having to do each entry individually in Canvas 2020? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

N/A

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A teacher at my school recorded himself using the Canvas recording feature in the RCE and uploaded it to Canvas.  The video (which was literally just him lecturing) was close to 22 minutes long, however the size of the file itself was approximately 4...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm a Canvas rookie and my school is going virtual starting tomorrow.  I took a selfie in my work area at home and I want my students to do the same as their first check in assignment (I'm a student support teacher).  How do you insert a photo?  It l...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello All, I am so new at this considering this is my first class. For the Fast Facts Discussion assignment I was told to find a sub-topic with my peers but I am not sure how to join a group. I'd appreciate it if someone could please assist me. Thank...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All, I am barely starting my first class so I am very new at this. To complete the Fast Facts Discussion assignment I was told I need to find a sub-topic with my peers but I'm not sure how to join the specific group needed for this assignment. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot submit a paper. Not sure why:/

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have my file but I now need to know how I go about finding and gaining the dropbox accessibility... Please help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you import a quiz from one course to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear educators,As I have to change the way I do on-site exams and switch to online exams due to the corona virus, I try to deliver part of the exam as file upload questions providing students with a 4-day time period to submit. I plan to deliver the ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I use Zoom to have an interactive seminare with 28 students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach Speech. How do my students give their speeches on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I use a drawing pad to draw on the whiteboard in Collaborate Ultra?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies