Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Dear Canvas Support,I just spent about a half an hour online with one of your support staff.  I am a faculty member at Pasadena City College. I am having a serious issue with getting Canvas to work on an older MacBook Air computer running OS 10.8.5. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-13-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When grading assignments in speedgrader, I often highlight a selection of text so the student knows what was missing or what I'm commenting on in their response.  On the student end however, the highlighted text shows up as a yellow block.  The text ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I set up the gradebook so assignments, tests, and labs all have different weights?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

DO I have to open a first semester course for students to see the notes and review sheets to study for a test at the end of the year?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create a signup sheet where the students pick their term paper topic.  I have a list of about 25 topics to choose from and I want only 1 student to signup for each topic.  Is there a way to do this in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a simple way to pull a comprehensive report that shows all teacher activity in Canvas over a selected time frame?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I remove the To Do list on the students' home page?  It is misleading since it doesn't include ungraded assignments.  I want them to go to my schedule to know what to do.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been using Canvas for several years but I have never had this happen to me before. I'm seeing a black exclamation point in my grade book and when I click on it, I am sent a message that reads "Couldn't find a report for that submission". Does th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to have a discussion with students in lieu of in person review session, but the Discussion is not enabled for students, they can't access it.  How do i fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any reason to prefer ConferZoom over the BigBlueButton Conference feature? I work within the California college system if that is relevant. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since I am a Canvas admin, I received the attached PDF.  My principal does not want me to share it with my teachers since understandably, they are on overload.  Rather, he wants me to come up with 5 top tips for teachers.  What 5 top tips would you r...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make files and announcements visible to students? It currently has a symbol next to it which says it cant be visible to students.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My name is PrinceI am a canvas admin and I would like to know how to add the SIS Import feature on the menu of canvas free version.May you please help?Thank you.Email: princekagame@daviscollege.com

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In light of the quick changes from in-person class to 100% online, I have to cancel group projects, which are worth up to 20% of the overall grade. Given this change, if I don't submit any grade in that "assignment" category, will that then "penalize...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to filter all ungraded assignments in the Gradebook. There are more than 100 students and visually scanning the waiting to be graded assignments icons won't be efficient at all. I couldn't find a way of doing this, anyone has been through this...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wish to choose the front page for my course in Canvas. I want to choose "Pages front page". Then Canvas directs me to "Pages", to set "Pages front page", which is required to do first (my course currently has two pages, under Pages). But there I ca...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I enable Honorlock in Firefox?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!I have some questions about using Turnitin as our only means for submissions: would it be possible to group submissions from one module (and one deadline) to distribute to each marker and would it be possible to lock the submissions to ensure t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I upload a document/Attachment into a quiz?I want students to be able to review their work and change their answers 1x after going through the quiz... what setting is this?I have students scattered x the world right now...so they need to take ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to print the rubrics that have been created?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is it possible to see who deleted assignments from a course?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We've just transitioned to online classes because of COVID-19, but as a public speaking instructor, I'm flummoxed by one thing. In the classroom setting, I had each student fill out an evaluation form for each of their fellow speakers; then I would g...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

can students record presentations online?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning,I am reasonably new to Canvas, but so far I have managed to work things out. This one, however, has me stumped.We have set up assignments in Canvas through TurnItIn.  Teachers and other roles can view and access the submitted work, howev...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I teach art classes. I wonder what's the best way for me to create a place in CANVAS for students to upload an image of their drawing/painting. These are my specific questions:(1) Should I use Discussion? (in Setting, I allow students to attac...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I accidentally send students a compressed folder with files in it, can I stop them from receiving the email once it is sent?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to have students take a picture of their work to submit for an answer for a quiz.  I have found that there is a "file upload" option for a quiz question, however, the grading side becomes an issue.  When I go into the speedgrader to grade th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 31 Likes
  • 45 Replies

In my ENG 310 class, I have a Week 1 Information Literacy Module assignment that includes a quiz. When My student open to assignment to just look at it and do not answer any of the questions, Grade Center posts a "0" for the grade. What's the problem...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I create a 25 item matching test that will give credit for each correct answer. For example, if a student gets 20 out of 25 they should get a score of 80%. It seems like the current template only allows all or nothing credit--by that I mean t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

please help i want to know where to find rich editor content.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies