Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, I teach art classes. I wonder what's the best way for me to create a place in CANVAS for students to upload an image of their drawing/painting. These are my specific questions:(1) Should I use Discussion? (in Setting, I allow students to attac...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-13-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I accidentally send students a compressed folder with files in it, can I stop them from receiving the email once it is sent?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to have students take a picture of their work to submit for an answer for a quiz.  I have found that there is a "file upload" option for a quiz question, however, the grading side becomes an issue.  When I go into the speedgrader to grade th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 31 Likes
  • 45 Replies

In my ENG 310 class, I have a Week 1 Information Literacy Module assignment that includes a quiz. When My student open to assignment to just look at it and do not answer any of the questions, Grade Center posts a "0" for the grade. What's the problem...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I create a 25 item matching test that will give credit for each correct answer. For example, if a student gets 20 out of 25 they should get a score of 80%. It seems like the current template only allows all or nothing credit--by that I mean t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

please help i want to know where to find rich editor content.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please help.. my instructor posted clickable links to files of my classmates presentations for this weeks discussion .. they open for everyone but me! I’ve tried on several computers and I’ve made sure pop ups are allowed. I’ve never had this issue b...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

From a teacher: "The students are telling me that the submission box on my canvas is locked.  Can you unlock it or do I have to do something"Can someone help me with this please?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher who wants to share her PowerPoint presentation in a Canvas Conference.  She wants her students to access it and scroll it while she teaches.  Can this be done?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I use a question group to have multiple possible questions, each of which is an essay question with a file upload, when they are graded using speedgrader, will the corresponding question show up somewhere?  In other words, when grading the work I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-12-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What's the best way to add student-generated video (probably shot on their phones) onto my course Canvas site?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am looking into getting a new laptop for my online classes in the Bachelor's in Business program, any suggestions for the computer, specs, and especially for storage and downloading assignments.Thank you for any suggestions.Debra Millward

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to set up a drop box or folder for students to upload papers.  I followed the directions to open grades, then the paper assignment ans hover over the dots and click download submissions.  I do not have that option.  Is there any other wa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-12-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I have access to logon free training for faculty? I have attempted multiple times, created an account, and nothing. Please advise. Thanks!Rosalillia

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a new account role (Admin > Permissions > Account Roles) earlier this week.Now I would like to assign this role to users, so I navigate to Admin > Settings > Admins, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "+ Account Admins" button. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

One student has reported taking and submitting a New Quiz multiple times. The New Quiz shows as incomplete (no green button indicating the assignment has been submitted in the student's module). When I try to grade it in SpeedGrader, it shows nothing...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-10-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We are launching a new version of a previous course  (version A).  We cloned the previous course and created Version B.  Version B is unpublished and I'd like to make all of the updates to it, then publish it. Is there a guide that provides instructi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can I chat with my  entire class at once or with only one student at a time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I just concluded a Canvas conference that was recorded.  It is not appearing as recorded in the Concluded Conferences section.  Help! How much time does it take to appear as a recording?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

CONFERENCES: STUDENTS CAN'T SEE EACH OTHERGreetings everyone - I am having an issue when meeting with my students in Conferences: They can't see each other. They can see me and I can see them clearly, but as I said before, they can't see each other. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-25-2020 View Solution
  • 8 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Like other schools, we are doing a rapid change from physical classroom to virtual.  Management is asking for a daily report that lists classes scheduled for that day and a simple yes/no indicator to show if the instructor engaged in the conversation...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you make folders in the Conferences tab so that each graduate student (4 total) has their own Conference meetings with their sections and recordings in their own folder?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our application integrates with canvas, we are experience issues starting today, I can confirm these were working yesterday afternoon just fine and surfaced just today. Does anyone have any information on this? When creating user we are getting follo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I edit question banks from previous courses?  Mine only say "view"

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I recently signup with an account and i clicked on the link to confirm registration. However, when I went to publish a course it says I have not clicked the registration from the email .. I went back to the email to confirm that I did and when I clic...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am looking for new curriculum for our school to help the teachers with their classes. Are there any recommendations for curriculum that works well with Canvas? Thank you

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On the 4th of march of this year, I uploaded an assignment on the platform. I am sure of this, as I double checked if I did it. I still have the proof that I uploaded it in my browser history. But by checking the canvas platform, it says that I have ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I invite a guest to join the CANVAS conference?  I would like this person to interact with the class, but she is not part of the University.Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I find the grading curve in a particular class on Canvass?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-18-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, we will be using Canvas conferences while school is closed.  For those of you who have run the conferences and recorded them, do the public chat and comments get recorded and saved?  A teacher wants to require his/her students to make a minimum n...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies