Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I use video questions in the quizzes I give my ASL students.  Is there a way to take away their controls so they cannot rewind and pause the video?  Right now we are embedding videos from youtube and adding code to not show controls but they can clic...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can login, as a student, but the dashboard is not being displayed correctly.  And neither can I see the content?Have a Chromebook and the latest Chrome browser.  Thanks.

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I cant get to my assignment I press the link but it wont bring me to the assignment.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I use assignments for students to upload their math exam.  They upload it as a single PDF.  I try to be consistent when grading, so I grade the same problem for each student before moving on to the next student.  This allows me to compare answers...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does the extra time assigned a student for quizzes and exams work?  Does the student's time run out and then the extra time starts?  How do they view this in their quiz or exam?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I allow multiple submissions by a student for an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We've heard microsoft is going to be replacing the class notebook with the Microsoft Teams notebook. Is there any ms teams integration inside Canvas besides the video/chat feature? Are there any future plans for this?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do you automatically assign students to reply to another classmate's discussion post?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to write comments on the actual assignment document submitted by a student, is this possible? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried out Canvas Conference the other day to see how it would work.  I made two or three "test" conferences.On the first, I selected, "End Meeting", in the drop-down box in the Conference feature to conclude the conference.  A box even appeared, as...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to set up a signup sheet. When I go to calendar it does not have a Scheduler button. Where do I find this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to set up a signup sheet for my class' final critique. I go to Calendar but there is no Scheduler button in Calendar. How do I get this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there! I am having problems my canvas. The dashboard keeps flashing and I cannot access the stuff I have posted, such as my discussions, assignments, announcements. Kindly advise.Thank you. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an embedded video.  I can not figure out how to delete it.  

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I keep track of the students who have completed their Peer reviews, and how do I keep track of who has not peer reviews completed on their work?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was on a BigBlueBox Conference with a student and tried to share my screen with the student. It took a long time for the student to see my screen come up on their "home" computer. When it finally came up on the students screen, I tried to scroll do...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

some students do not have access to computer/internet and have asked for hardcopy packets.  Is there a way to print out assignments made in canvas (including image files)?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Do my Canvas Notification preferences override my subscription preferences in the discussion forums?I don't want to receive email or push notifications for every 'Discussion' or 'Discussion Post' activity occurring across all my courses, but I would ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas Data portal question: how do I link from somewhere (say Quiz_submission_fact.user_id) to a user? the "id" field in the user_dim table (downloaded) is described as "obfuscated" and does not match format of user_id elsewhere.Sorry if this is an ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone. We are planning to run an online orientation in Canvas for our students. As part of the orientation, students have to complete 7 automatically graded quizzes. To be clear, we do not need to use Speedgrader. If the students score 80% or a...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I recover a closed conference?  I did not realize the conferences are only good for 2 weeks.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I find myself frustrated regularly that there is not a "short answer" type question that is included in quizzes. I'd like students to have the option to write a free response answer that is just a sentence or two not a whole "essay." I'd really like ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 11 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi.  I'm looking embed code and equations in test questions.  I had to resort to embedding pictures, which seems like what others use.  I tried using the html editor, but it was tough to make it look good enough (and I had spent enough time on it alr...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to create a another one fill in multiple blank question. I did none that worked fine but now I see the screen attached when I try to save it. But if I enter the answers they will be seeing by the students.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is there not an auto-save feature in the text box for discussion forums? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you share with students the results of a quiz including  the questions they got right and wrong?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I copy a module and all contents from one course to another?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't I duplicate pages today??I need consistency for my students so they have a routine.   Two days ago, I was able to create duplicate pages, assigned on different days.TODAY, I cannot.  I can't duplicate.  I can't create a new page with the sa...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everybody --When we first started creating templates for our courses, we did our best to create a seamless student experience by using classes and design patterns laid out in the old Canvas style guide. Now that we're updating those templates, we'...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies