Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My pop ups are coming out different sizes and not showing all of my pictures or documents.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a Canvas Free for Teachers account - not connected to any institution. I am doing this as a way to demonstrate how I would set up an LMS as I enter the job market. So this is a sample course. I want to to be able to send a URL to any search co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When a student sends a message from the Canvas Inbox to their instructor, then the instructor using Outlook Web App (OWA) (not seeing the problem if using Outlook desktop client program) replies to the student, when the student goes view the replied ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I change the meeting time of a Zoom meeting once created?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

where do I find turn it in on canvas to submit papers through to have it proofread the paper before I submit the assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am having the same problem with my student group sets' home pages showing zero activity:"I have set up student groups on my course, as I did last year. Despite a lot of student activity in the Groups the Group Home Page, which is supposed to show R...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-13-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What's the process to get a certficate-of-completion to students who successfully pass a course on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What is the best way to video lectures without a webcam?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I use the hide grade feature to actually hide the grades?  The only way to use the hide grades feature is to first enter the grades.  Then hide grades will hide those grades.  however, any grades not entered yet are not hidden.  They have to f...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I keep getting an “undelivered” message when I respond to emails through canvas. How do I resolve? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to creating assignments in Canvas and I found that my students can see the completed work of a fellow student when they click on their assignment.  How do I prevent this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Using New Quizzes, is it possible to type in math content on the categories type question? For example if I want to type in x^2 y^3.Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has Canvas developed any "quick tricks or guidance" to putting courses online when something like the coronavirus hits and closes campuses? This would be for traditional courses.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I put in learning outcomes for a course. Each of those has a list of sub-outcomes. Then, when I go to view them in the grade book, the outcomes are in a different order. The sub-outcomes within an outcome are either in order or reverse order, but at ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hola, la demostración en vivo me aparece deshabilitada. Como puedo solicitarla???Translation from Google Translate: Hi, the live demo is disabled. How can I request it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

IN weeks 10 and 11 our class is supposed to have a current event discussion assignment. They are missing in my modules. What do I need to do to fix the problem?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

H

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the passing grade for Intro to Algebra this semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When you record a conference call where does the video go to?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team,I need to find out my Canvas ID from the Canvas portal. I clicked the "My Badges" option but nothing appear after clicking this, check the following snapshot. Can you please help me how can I get the Canvas ID?My email address : miqbal36@gate...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-09-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

do you have to complete classes in a certain amount of time? How long are classes good for?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why when I select the new quiz format does it only allow me to select an external link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My computer will not load my course.  I have tried Firefox and Google Chrome and the course will not load on my home computer.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have taken this one quiz like 5 times and it will not record my score and let me move on. Any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HI, I am a student who is using web version Canvas for online courses, I was answering the question of the day in common section, It was a lot and pretty much took my whole afternoon, and just with one accident click of "next “ button (which lead the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have students in different countries and if they don't change their timezone they will usually miss tutorials or other events setup in the calendar.  I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow set the time zone for a student (or group/section of st...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It's not sending the password reset to my email!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to make my course visible to the public.  It is published but the visibility block is set on "Course" and I cannot change it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

is there are separate Inbox address? or is it the same as your regular email?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can a confirm that a student has viewed a video I posted?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies