Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Details:Instructor has a moderated assignment with three other graders.He has completed the step of moderating the assignment and accepting the grades from the other 3 graders.He has also published the grades.He saw the graders' comments last time he...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to cross list my sections in Canvas so that the students can participate in a group discussion.  I don't see the cross list tab on the right side of the screen like the video showed.  Is there another way to connect my classes?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are using a Canvas course with educators. The educators are added to this course as students. We want them to be able to add events to the course calendar, but when they add the event, there is not an option in the pull-down menu. Is there a way t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have recorded two lectures via Caltura Captioning app in My videoar. (I marked them in the library, and pressed Publish in the Action bar.). The message is "published" . However, the students cannot see them. Am I doing wrong? Thanks

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

with in module 2 of bio med of careerstep, how are the questions in the workbook scoring kept?   not able to input answers or tabulate scoring. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm certain the Canvas servers are being hammered with the giant and sudden conversion to online schools all across the nation, but what are the pragmatics of large file uploads?  I have a zoom file I have tried multiple times to upload to either ann...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not the office manager. I am a secretary for the science department. My role is to keep student records, and assist the Science Department Coordinator.  I am learning about Canvas so that I can help my Department Coordinator.  Where should I sta...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set my home page as syllabus, but now that it is an online course I need to have the home page set to pages.  My students do not know how to access the day's materials.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have three sections in a single canvas course and are assigning each student to one of two groups in each section.Having selected “people” then moving to the tab of one section, students from all sections are available to assign a group.  Is there...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For example, if I have 4 items on my rubric, can I see a breakdown of how each student did on each area all on one page/spreadsheet?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot find the "school profile" to finish it. I would like to add zoom and panopto to my canvas account I created. It is the first in my school, actually a Graduate Center in Romania at the University of Bucharest. #Thank you, Ileana

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I upload a video on google drive for a student?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to regrade  a matching quiz question (one of the matches was incorrect) without having to individually enter each students record in grades?  The guide only lists multiple choice, multiple answer and t/f questions for this feature.  I ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am experiencing a problem with my grade book in one of my classes. The students are saying that they took the quiz, but it is not populating in the grade book column. How can I rectify this? Where did I go wrong? My other 2 classes all posted corre...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have Zoom integrated and faculty are adding Zoom to the navigation, it's enabled, but can't be seen in a student view.  Any ideas?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My conferences are enabled yet students cannot see them.  On the instructor side, I can see that they are enabled, but on the student side, I cannot see them which is confirmed from a student.  This is an issue in 2 of my 4 sections.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can my student upload a word or pdf document for me to see?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are using online learning and many teachers are sharing videos for students to watch instead of them watching them in a physical classroom.  Other than posting an assignment/questions etc. for to students to respond to after watching the videos, i...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I use the Big Blue Button?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach two classes of English 1302.   I entered my relevant information for English1302.001.  I want to copy that same information to English 1302.007.  What is the easy procedure for that?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a Canvas admin and have several users who only see the Test Student when they click the Speedgrader link from an assignment, quiz or graded discussion.  If they go to the grade book first and then launch Speedgrader from there, they see the full...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have added a page to one of the modules, but students have been denied access. Please help.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

can a deleted assignment be recovered?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When accessing CANVAS all I see are exceptionally large icons.I did clear my browsing history, check to ensure that I had not "zoomed" and re-started my laptop.  I had no difficulty accessing the site last evening.  I am an instructor preparing to te...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I create a bank of quiz questions to use when I make a quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I give a test / Quiz multiple choice in CANVAS, how does it get graded?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add a new blank sandbox or delete all the information in an existing one. How do I do this?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas is unbearably slow. I can't even load the page to send in a help desk ticket. When will this be fixed?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After you make a recording in Confer Zoom, how long can you keep the recording?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies