Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

The old gradebook would export grades in the same order as the groups were listed in the Assignments.  The new gradebook doesn't do this.  How can I export to Excel the gradedbook in the same order as the assignment groups in Assignments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't know how to fix this.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having issues with my canvas. I am a second year student in UCC. I don't think I set up my canvas correctly as the 'dashboard' section on canvas appears blank for me. I cannot access any of my assignments. The layout of my canvas is also differe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I unlock an assignment

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Help! I wasn’t really late!I thought I had submitted an assignment a day early (February 23rd). I didn’t notice any error, but I got a message from my professor saying that it was late (and so I lost 30 out of 100 points) I can prove that the assignm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Each time I create a rubric, when I add a criterion to the rubric, a stupid popup menu asks me if I want a new criterion or if I want to duplicate the last one. This didn't used to happen in previous versions of canvas so apparently someone thinks th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I find theText? The direction are not clear enoug, It takes me to a web address where I can purchase the book however I seem to be a bit lost

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I re-order announcements?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-04-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I just got a new Mac book air today and when I logged on to my canvas account under University of Michigan, I was able to log in and saw that the general structure of the site was the same but that each of the pages did not contain any of thei...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make it so my TA can grade as well?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I submitted the wrong file for an assignment, so had to resubmit the correct one. Is it possible to delete the wrong one so just the correct file is there?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make a video of me teaching?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I block students from downloading pdf's?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to review a students information in the Grade Book History.  It seems as though the Filters are not working?  I have tried writing the students name in just to view their work and it keeps saying that no student by that name is found.  Thi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My home page on Canvas (and ensuing pages) has morphed  into magnification format. How do I return to normal page view size? Thanks! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do i find my class scheduale

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am aware of our current ability to change between grading an individual and grading a group in SpeedGrader, which involves the following steps:Grade the group and make group commentsGo back to the assignment settingsClick to edit the settingsClick ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I completed 915 points of online observations, but I can not find a way to complete the whole course. The course completed page appears after submitting the assignment of each video, and it redirect the user to the home page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create an assignment with multiple-choice questions. It seems to be the only way that I can do this is to create it as a "Quiz". Is there another way? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do you erase a quiz attempt?Alvin

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I put in bullet points into a rubric? This would be especially helpful in putting in criteria so the ratings could identify that 3/4 criteria were met. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

they are not good and not good is bad.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where in Canvas are the Skillsoft maintenance hours located, so we can inform the students when Skillsoft will be down?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am new to Canvas and I am wondering how many courses am I allowed to have with the Free Teacher license.  I usually run multiple courses at a time and wanted to know my limit.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have used Hyperdocs and various other playlist type of Google Docs/Slides....outside of Canvas.  I am looking for the best way to incorporate these into Canvas.  Here is an example of what I am talking about.  I can embed it as a page....or provid...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to learn how to use HTML and CSS and would like to do so within CANVAS in order to learn what is most useful to me. (Rather than learning all of HTML etc...) I'm looking for a text of some sort (or online instruction that teaches HTML, CSS).

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I upload a document which is required to complete an assignment in the module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We're building a long-form Data Science programme of several modules (each its own course in Canvas). We want to move away from using GitHub to store all the datasets and notebooks used throughout the programme in one central place in Canvas.One idea...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have not been able to pinpoint the right guide for this.My situation is that myself and a few TAs are currently grading all 150-something papers through 'SpeedGrader'. Right now, all the grades and comments made on the papers by the TAs are set to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are looking to use Big Blue Button as a conference tool.  Can it be set up for sections within a course so that the students in a particular section will "attend" the online session for their class?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies