Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How long before Canvas auto times out? In other words, how long does Canvas stay logged in before signing you out?The amount of time wasted attempting login constantly is killing me. I do a lot of things and I come and go. I would like the site to re...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-05-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I upload my syllabus and materials list for Fine Art Illustration ART 320?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-03-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of our instructors recently discovered that he cannot cut and paste within Speedgrader for quizzes. We discovered that it is possible in Firefox or Chrome Incognito mode. He was trying to copy from the question or student comments and paste into ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-05-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is a phone number that I can speak to someone in regards to getting an invoice for next years subscription and my account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, Can some one please help me with fetching the module id's and their start date using javascript?  I would like to use this data for activating and deactivating some links in canvas course. I'm using the below code to fetch data but its providing ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 16 Replies

It seems the new gradebook does not mute assignments the same way the old one did while using turnitin. Is there a bug between the two platforms? I've done everything right, and students can see me grading still as I use turnitin, not speedgrader. Th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

where is the call to ministry journal?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There are concerns raised by our teachers that few of their students  who were invited to a particular course were not able to receive the invitation as it does not reflect in their dashboard. What seems to be the problem? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have tried to load a video introduction onto my discussion post this week but it continues to say loading reply and then says an error has occurred. This is recorded on a MacBook.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I've wondered this for a while and I didn't see an answer anywhere in the guides or forums.  When I create an assignment, I sometimes go back in and give a student an extension by adding a new due date for that individual.  If I check the"Notify u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, stefaniesanders‌ , &  @kona ‌ ,I recieved this question from one of our faculty..."Is there a way to give a student extra time for all the quizzes in the course without having to do it one at a time?  I have a total of 42 quizzes and takes a ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-02-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have some images that were embedded using the rich text editor.When I import the module into another course, the images show as "broken links." How do I prevent this?Thank you!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How to input student details in canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to add a student manually to my subject who will sit in classes, but not take assessments. Should I add them under People>+People>Auditor? Thanks, Wally

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can we integrate h5P interactive videos into carmen?  If yes, how do we do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the "new student" orientation link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you resubmit assignment when theres no ability to

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

as an instructor, can I print a copy of a student submission?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there,For some reason my personal canvas doesn't seem to allow me to have access to my classes and their respected information (eg. Assessments, Reading lists.) I can open the page up but the icons to press into the classes doesn't seem to work.I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am trying to use custom css to style my tables and headings better, but I noticed that when I would apply my css it would effect items outside of the courses.I wanted to add a new header format so that it can be unique from other pages in can...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This article that came out today gives me some hope for the future of similarity reports in Canvas discussions.  Does this mean we may actually get similarity reports in Canvas Discussions?42 Lines Announces Partnership with Turnitin | Tech & Learnin...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good evening!I completed the course "TESOL Methodology (K-12/HE)", and I don't know how I can get my certificate and my badge.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a chapter quiz graded then grade changed a month later. Grade changed a week later again. why is this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to publish on Canvas documents prepared by students, in order for all the students to be able to access them.It is not an assignment that will be graded. I just need the students to be able to upload the documents, and make them accesible to t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I have an assignment due in which I have to record a 3 to 5 minute video of myself and submit it on canvas. Can you please tell me how to do that?Thank you,Rob Posner

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I download an essay pdf with comments? I am able to open the file in Canvas using the "View Feedback" button, but when I click that and download the file from the viewer, the annotations don't show up on the downloaded pdf.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a course I was wondering how to share the course for students to enroll in my created course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am not sure what happen, but I have not had any problems with canvas. In the last few weeks I have a problem with none of my classes showing up. This only happens on my Mac Pro Apple. Is there anything I need to do to fix this? Thank you for your t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! How do I go about adding LateX equations to Canvas? If it is too complex, how do I add regular mathematical equations? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When my instructors upload the powerpoint presentations, they have lecture recordings imbedded in them. I can see the little sound icon on each slide, however, I cannot get them to play. I've checked all my tech and updated everything as outlined in ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies