Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

This is question is for those of you that your district uses Skyward for grades. I understand that Skyward is integrated with Canvas. When ever I get a new student, it usually takes 24 hrs to process, at our campus, before they show up in Canvas.I ne...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to limit answer lengths in Quizzes?

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

This is a question regarding students with a reading disability who have the accommodation to have tests read out loud. Professors are requiring Respondus Lock Down browser.  The students don't need a screen reader which labels every function on the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, In the rich content editor, creating a page, I am having trouble with my images being flipped when I import them. Is there a formatting feature for images within the editor? I have tried saving my image differently before I import... Thanks!

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My campus will load that I am logged in with my name and my account but when I get to the dashboard the folders for the classes will be there but not my actual class. I can't get into any of my classes because it shows as the folders are empty.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Community,I need help with hiding student names on the grade book for quizzes. I am a Canvas Admin for a Law School and Instructors are not supposed to see the student names in the grade book. I know the names can be hidden for Assignments but ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to add an email for canvas, but I am not receiving the confirmation link. It does not even allow me to re-send the link.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do i add or create something in canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have inherited a Canvas shell with many quiz banks and pre-existing quizzes. Many of the quizzes seem to be duplicate or extra. How can I find out which banks are currently being used by quizzes and which are not in use?Thank you!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot find a canvas quiz that typed last year. How can I find, restore, or otherwise post an "old" quizzes or other material into the new year?Thank you,Mark

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In an effort to transform my course material from slides to web pages, I hope to make the material more accessible. One aspect of this has been adding "lang" attributes to mark the language that the material is in (in the hope of facilitating access ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not sure how/where to find the moderate quiz option, and when I look up previous similar questions on this page, the documents posted give me a response stating I am unauthorized to view them! Help!Thanks,Heather

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I recover a module that I just published? It took me 3 hours to create this! Help please!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Invitation not received for adding students.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I asked my students to answer a short-answer question as part of their midterm exam online. I used the "new quiz" to create the exam, and now I can't figure out how to get to those short answers so that I can grade them. Help!

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I add equations to quizzes?  The equation editor that Canvas uses is insufficient.  I use Math Type.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to delete an assignment and upload the correct assignment but it will not delete from the module or from the assignment section.  I need to delete this to upload the correct information.  Please help.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I upload a single graded assignment submission to canvas (not everything as a zip file)

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This was done as a long running conference with no time limit as I have done in the past.  Has there been a change to the process?  Do I need to hit end conference for it to show up with a view button?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Receiving Assignments:Q & A @#How do I know when a student had submitted an assignment? Where do I look to find it? 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As I’m sure you all know, the new rich content editor (RCE) will be the default starting on June 20, 2020, as announced by Instructure.The rich content editor is the formatting toolbar visible whenever you add or edit content in an Announcement, Assi...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hello:I was attempting to set up a multiple choice quiz and the right answer choice is always the first answer.  How do I change the order of the answer choices?  Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi ThereFirst time posting here, I am doing some testing in the New Quizzes and for some reason the 404 page not found message appears for a few seconds then loads the Quiz itself. Basically all I did was:Creating a Quiz,Save (without publishing)Exit...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My course names appear but they information when I click on them is blank under each menu bar, i.e. "Home, Syllabus, Grades," etc.???

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,A colleague invited me to a course but I can't see the Accept Invitation selection on either my email or Canvas. Where do I find it please?Kind regards, Michelle

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am giving a writing test in which students need to summarize a reading passage. I currently have the passage before the text box, but it requires a lot of scrolling to get to the beginning of the passage. Is there a better way to include the readin...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I find the school announcements?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies