Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am trying to make a quiz in Canvas for the first time.  I keep trying to add a 5th question.  I save it but it does not show 5 questions on the preview.  Am I limited to 4 questions or less on Canvas quizzes?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone,Does anyone know how to push an information page to all Course Shells in a sub-account? We have a page in our Online Learning Canvas shell with a lot of information that we want to share with Faculty and Students. We think (but might b...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HELLO!Could someone supply a quick and easy list of Accessibility/Universal Design rules?I'm migrating on-ground courses to CANVAS. If I could start with having some of the basic guidelines employedregarding my Pages/DOCS/PowerPoints/Announcements, t...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach a double section of one class.  Im trying to merge the two sections into one class.  How do I cross list a class section into another class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a function that I can turn on that will allow my students to see one another during a canvas conference?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student submitted an assignment under the wrong assignment.  It is an essay draft that I was going to comment on via Speedgrader.  Can I reset or reallow her to resubmit the correct assignment under the correct name?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How  do you close a chat session?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Conferencing. Can I open it to multiple courses at the same time?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I teach a course for which we host weekly guest speakers.  With COVID19 and our institution switching to all-things-online, I would like to add several people to my Canvas course who are not affiliated with our university and who will serve as guest ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added 10 questions to a quiz.  After saving these 10 questions, I see the quiz only has 9 points / 9 questions.  Same thing occurred with an exam I created where I have 75pts possible but 74 show. What is happening here?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I'm an instructor using Canvas for my class. How do I erase a student's quiz attempt so that she can retake it?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

With our college going to distant learning, I am trying to find a way to give students their exams thru Canvas.  Is there a way to import an exam on a Word document into Canvas quizzes?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to put module in other classes

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Yesterday while exploring I shared a youtube video using that same button.  However, when I tried to show it to my students today it had a "access restricted" message.  Has anyone successfully been able to share a video.  I know that I can do it in a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to modify the permissions so that a teacher can submit assignments without being added to a course in a "student" role?Thanks!Christine

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

For the purposes of a group project, I have my students assigned to 5 groups under a "group set" with the assignment's name. In order to complete the assignment properly, I need members of the various groups to be able to see posts from other groups....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a peer evaluation discussion that isn't showing up on the my students' page.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to add a discussion to an assignment.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you enable the 'Graded ' Button in a Canvas Discussion?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you get assignments to show up on the calendar?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you have added a group of students to one course, then have created another course that you want to add the same group of students to, is there a way to do this without typing in individual student emails and names?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the most effective way of using Canvas Chat with students?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My Culinary College has used Canvas casually for several years, but we are now in a steep learning curve.  We have the Basic subscription.  I've used Big Blue button to record classes for quite some time, but am concerned about a stream quality warni...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have groups for a team project set. How do I enable announcement post to be able to reply? I know how to do it for each team (at a time from each group page) but how to enable for all group at once. However I do not want students to be able to repl...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had students submit their exams into Canvas as a word document . I went to gradebook and can see that 5 students have already submitted their document.How do I open the documents under each students name? I see a little icon that resembles a page.T...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have students complete extra credit papers - as many as they choose through out the semester.  Is there a way to have open ended submissions?  

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone know if there is a way to have units show after the blank for entering a numerical answer.  Something like this?

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This is aided at Canvas Conferences gurus....Situation: Student cannot load software (CAD)onto their computer as their computer can't support it.Question: In Canvas Conferences, can the instructor share the software on their computer and then allow s...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the ConferZoom in my CANVAS page?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How  do I make an app visible to my students?  Announcements is still not visible to them, even though I moved it in settings to where they should be able to see it.  Help!Thanks!

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies