Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi,We are using Canvas by Elsevier. Some of our Instructors are asking about the Roll Call/Attendance. Our Canvas however, does not support this feature. Is there any other way the instructor can track the attendance of her students without this feat...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how to give the correct answer to quiz. t

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to create a timed quiz for the class. However, I have student who has the accommodation that allows them time and half for all quizzes and tests. How can I set it so that only this student gets the extra time but the other students do...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Can anyone suggest which function of Canvas would best allow us to:-Create a space where students can answer a couple of quick questions:1. Do you need staff to contact you about your learning?a YESb NO2. How are you feeling (like a mental health tra...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to delete the submitted assignment file ?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Today I have conducted online class through conference while conducting I recorded my class but after ending the session Iam unable to see recorded one. So where I can get that audio

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to delete my account or change my sign in email address. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recorded a video on ConferZoom.  I don't know how to post it for students to view in the modules section.I tried going to invite guests and pasting the URL, but I don't know where to go from there.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get a prepared module url?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I remove students from the grade book that have dropped the course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ever since New Quizzes came out, I really love the Gauge AMS so much, since they share the same interface.However, suddenly, as of this week, it disappeared unexpectedly. Without this Gauge documentation, it is becoming harder for us to solve for the...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Creating a quiz and I need to add videos to each answer box for a matching question. I was only able to get the videos to show up in the question box. No luck trying to get the videos embed into each answer box....any ideas how I can make this work?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a cohort of 118 students but divided in 7 groups. Each continuous assessment must have a different availabilty and due date/time. How can I set this up in Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

how do I upload a PowerPoint

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I provide the same exam for just 1 student who is exempt from the lockdown browser?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you create 10 minute slots on Google docs.  It seems to have a problem with anything less than 30 minutes.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Is it possible to change my canvas profile to international or how do get it done? And is it difficult to reverse? I'm debating between changing my phone plan or getting a phone over there so I don't want to miss any notifications. Thank you

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm really struggling to find this information on the website. I was told by a teacher that it was you need to turn in 75% of the work, but the only explanation I found said you need either a D or C to pass.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Extra credit quiz

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I just came back from FMLA leave. My class shows in clever, pinaccle, but does not show in Canvas. Any ideas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I have add a grader as a TA to grade some assignments (homework and lab reports) or will I need to add this person as a teacher?  Will this person be able to access the gradebook as a TA?  Thank you! 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does the "U" signify on the left of an announcement?  Some announcements show my profile picture and some show the "U".

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I published a module within in my Canvas classroom, however the students are saying they are unable to access the content. They continue to receive messaging stating they are authorized. However, I have checked my class list, unpublished/re-published...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A quizz that I made had two questions wrong answerwed. Many students chosed the corret one and Canvas (ovbiously) graded them as incorrect. Even though I changed the question with the correct answer, Canvas doesn't regreade the quizz for those studen...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If a student submitted a quiz without finishing it because they lost internet connection, how can I reassign them the quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Chicago administrator sent me the Canvas shell of OL 641 so I can teach it at the Dallas campus. I need to update and change the dates. She sent me instructor access but I'm unable to edit the course. Do I go through you?Dr. Lynda FoleyLfoley@the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create a vocabulary matching question with the words in one column and definitions in the other.  Would I do it like this?ABapple (n) [2]1. having abundant resourceseat (v) [3]2. a citrus fruitrich (adv [1]3. to consume for nutrition

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am trying to duplicate my week's modules, quizzes, discussion, etc. I was able to duplicate the week in one of my courses by selecting "duplicate" but I don't have that option in my second course. Why would I not have this option if I importe...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I'm not finding it in a search, possibly because the associated search terms are too general:I am grading a quiz I gave last week that includes multiple choice and essay questions. I assumed Canvas would...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies