Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Some information doesn't load onto my computer. I'm using an older Dell XPS with Windows Vista.  How do I view all content? Or is my browser too old?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I upload a paper to a discussion board

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our course link validator keeps coming back with these 'broken links'. However, in the blueprint, these open correctly to the appropriate external page, or in the case of an internal resource; download the appropriate file. I fixed many of these brok...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I have been trying to upload a video and no matter what I do there is no sound. I have uploaded it as a mp4 and as a mov and both versions have no sound. Both version have sound when played form my computer so I do not know what the issue is. ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

About 15 minutes into Canvas.... Can one use the live streaming webcam software with Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I download/find the graded quiz answer sheet for each student? I marked the answer sheet for the online mid-term examination in Canvas, but after posted the grades, I cannot find the answered sheet in Canvas. 

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My quiz questions disappear before I finish typing in the answers below. Any help with this?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I give my teaching assistant the ability to use speedgrader for submitted assignments on Canvas? He is currently unable to access speedgrader.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need instructions on how to add recordings to my live sessions, I have not taught in nearly a year and I cannot locate the instructions.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who is trying to get onto Canvas, and he says it is asking him for an access code.  I am not sure what that is.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone tell me how to access the roll call feature inside of a course and also how does it work for tracking students attendance?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

While taking a test on Canvas, I accidentally swiped up with three fingers instead of two (on my laptop, a two finger swipe up is scroll down, while a three finger swipe up is a "minimize"ish type thing that somewhat minimizes the window and you can ...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I wanted to know if you can record a live lecture but also have it saved for the students who cannot attend or for them to refer back to it later? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

On one Page in Canvas I created three videos of varying lengths. The longest one was about 30 minutes. When I click on the videos they say "Media is currently being converted, please try again in a little bit." It's been like this for a few hours.  D...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Prezados, Não consigo enviar mensagem a partir da caixa de entrada. Mensagem: recipients invalid.Translation from Google Translate: Dear --,I cannot send a message from the inbox.Message: recipients invalid.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I accommodate DSS students with extra time for quizzes

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can a student make multiple submissions of an assignment?   

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Macbook will not display the first page of canvas that has my classes on it. The screen just flashes. What can I do to fix it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The course name shows up in my grade book in skyward, but when I click on it, it only shows my past grade and the teacher.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I go about e-mailing the entire class? Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We've had a couple people contact us who registered for a recently launched course report back that when they sign in and see their Catalog dashboard they see a lock on the course and can't  click in to enter.  When I look at them in Canvas they've r...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you import quiz questions from Word format into CANVAS?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I give an instructor access to a module?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hi, so there was a pre recorded video put up on canvas, but for some reason it wouldn't load, showing only a white screen.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are unable to view my modules. How do I enable them to view?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a quiz or exam, is it possible to do that for multiple sections (say 3 PSYCH 1a courses) simultaneously?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How many turnitin assignments can I have in my course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to reset the course dates in an existing Canvas course?  I know when you import course content to set up a new course you can adjust the dates, but I did not see a way in settings to adjust the dates once the content in already there. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like students to collaborate on/workshop their creative writing pieces. I've put them into groups of 3, but I think that if I use "Collaborate" they will only be able to see one of their documents. How can I best set it up so they can respond to ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I haven't seen this discussed anywhere, and finding out after-the-fact is not an option, so I'm throwing this out there:Is there a word/character limit in answers to an essay question in a quiz? I'm not expecting students to produce a 50,000-word dis...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies