Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

What is the best depository for student files, e.g. Word documents?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi- I'm one of those moving online because of school closures. I teach a lab and so there are a few issues with moving the content online. One of the big ones is how to transfer our assignments. We use tables in the lab packets, and right now we are ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So, with the move to all online learning, our science teachers would like to edit the grade weight for Lab assignments from Qtr 3 to Qtr 4. I'm fairly certain changing weight on the group within the term will change for both quarters - am I wrong?If ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can record a conference but when it goes in the "concluded" box, I cannot replay it and there is not a way to review the content. Why so? During the session, it was recording. How can I access recorded sessions?Note: I didn't receive any email with...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I also have two urgent questions about the quiz tool:1. I provide a few extra-credit items on a test and now that I have to do the test online in a hurry, I am not sure how to do this. To explain the issue I am using this as an example. Say, I provid...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am a music theory / ear training teacher, and just had my first contact with Canvas conference function Big Blue Button.In all other ways BBB seems to be an excellent conference tool, but the 'share desktop' option should include sharing the sou...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was looking for OER materials and installed a course cartridge for an OpenStax text.  I thought I could add in what I wanted as I went.  Unfortunately, all of the content was installed into my published course and has turned it into a complete mess...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a module, and published it, and yet, canvas tells me my students cannot see the module. How do I give them access?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It seems like after about a week of the assignment being muted, the assignment automatically unmutes. Typically when I manually unmute the assignment, a notification is sent out to the class letting them know that it is now available to view. There h...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello.  I am trying to see how the conference feature works for hosting live sessions as well as recording the meetings for any students who missed a session.  I have tried some trial runs with the record feature selected and turned on within the con...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I wanted to share this document we developed at Northern Kentucky University to help faculty transition from face to face to online. There are many resources available for instructors—perhaps too many. So this checklist was designed to help you make ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What are the best supported browsers for Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is Speed Grader and How do I use it? New here and moving 6 classes to Canvas for the semester. Thank you in advance for your kindness and help, community.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I enable Canvas messaging to access my laptop microphone. I'm wanting to add a recording to an all-students' message but the button says "Please allow Canvas to access your microphone and webcam"

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach public speaking (now online), and will have students submit videos of their speeches. With Canvas' limit of 500MB, I think I'll have to use an external tool like YouTube, since a 6-minute speech will be more than 500MB. (Right??)Does anyone k...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I find the 'join code' for my course.  All of my other students accepted with no problem, but some- who are in other canvas courses- say they need a join code.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I set up an assignment in Canvas, can Canvas notify me who opens the assignment and who does not?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Canvas have a drop-box feature for students to submit assignments as a google doc or word document? I don't want students flooding my canvas inbox with assignments. 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I make the Total column in the Gradebook visible and invisible to students?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can someone explain to me what Actions taken comprises of in the Admin Analytics section when you change to table view as Admin egThanks

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can get to the dashboard but nothing opens when I click on it

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where is the link to Zoom? I do not see it on my course navigation.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Access denied when we try to access a lab.  only happening to 2 students???

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm new to canvas and have a decent understanding of how to structure the content of my page.  I am curious about creating a professional looking front page.  Are there any resources that I can use to create something that looks nice and has visual (...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I enable conferencing for students....it shows disabled

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student and I don't know how to download the graded assignment from SpeedGrader.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create assignments for my students?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

can't see the cointent of the course after clicking the course tab, i have tried on different computers but it doesn't work, what do i do?   thank you in advance

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I created a rubric and now I want to add criteria to each rating (ex: 5 = attention-grabbing hook, clear background information, strong thesis). When I click on "Edit Rubric" all I can change is the points value. I selected the option "I will leav...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was in the middle of typing an exam, and the content disappeared. How can I retrieve it?What should I do going forward?Thanks, Joan Gibson

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies