Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have multiple children in republic schools including one in middle school and one in high school. I only have access to one of them in canvas. How do I add my second child so I can view their information?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What are the basic differences between these three tools?  

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

what does migrate mean

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone explain what this means: 'Course assignments are not weighted'. When I see I have earned an A, but still have an assignment remaining, a final assignment the syllabus states 'worth 180 points', do I still have an A, because the course ass...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a quiz created that utilizes the file upload question type.  Over the past few days, a number of my students have received the following error code: “cocoa error 132001.”  These students were not able to upload files during the allotted time d...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I have been working on an exam all day (6 hours).  I hit save.  It has completely disappeared.  Do I cry now, or can it be retrieved?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I view a students progress on a module that is no longer published?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set up appointments in my coordinator's calendar for teachers to sign up for Zoom Discussions.  Can I add a teacher's name to a time slot for them?

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

yet I cannot see it in student view, and I have hit the save button, but find no publish button. It still shows as an eye with the cross through it inn my side file. How do I get it published for the class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I preview an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach Clay Sculpture I and II (or sometimes an Advanced Ceramics section) in the same class. I'd like to have 1 Canvas course for them, especially right now during COVID, but the cross-listing instructions imply that they're only referring to secti...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students cannot open attachment. The assignment is published and open.

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

i have uploaded a file into a module for my students but for some reason when they try to access the file they get an area message that says "unauthorized" What am I doing wrong? How can I make it accessible for my students? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm set up as a Course coordinator in a class and I'm trying to see recordings made by the instructor, but I don't see any. Is it possible to set up canvas so I see these videos, but the other students don't? Also, how long should it take for an hour...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I edit an assignment from a blue print course when the option is not there?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a discussion where I use my Canvas Modules with my video screen in the corner?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have tried making a multiple-choice quiz.  All seemed good, but when I put it in Student View, the answers are there but not the questions.  This is my first time using Canvas for online quizzes and I am getting frustrated.  Any help would be appre...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Any e-mail addresses didn't need to be filled when I signed up as a student on Canvas from my instructor's link. But I realized I have missed something since it is automatically logged out before setting. Once I had been logged out, I couldn't log in...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I begin a course I sign up for? I see the modules and I click the first one to begin but every time my screen will go white and not load anything. Any suggestions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my calendar, when I hit the "plus sign" or add button,  there is only a tab for events.  How do I add a tab for assignments?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HI,HOw do I create a Quiz in which the students upload the answer as a handwritten scan?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In place of the default blank photo / avatar for a student is it possible to put name like Chris J. so communication is clear?  For some things like Discussion it includes the name, for others it is not so easy to tell.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I copy a Practice Quiz from one class to other classes in the same term?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am just typing in modules and discussions for my course.  I would like to know how to see what the student will see before I publish the course. How do I do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know this is typically for paid users, but there really should be a way to integrate with open-source versions, at least during this coronavirus outbreak when we're all scrambling to move to online.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach several groups of students and none of them are "assigned" to me, how can I add students to my course so they are able to access?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I create a practice course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've authorized my google drive account in settings, but when I try to submit an assignment using the google docs tab, the documents that pop up that I would be available to submit are documents that have been shared with me, not the ones I've create...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have loaded instructional videos onto Canvas and they are published.  (Green circle with the check and everything)  When my students try to watch the videos, they get a message that the file "video" is locked.  What can I do?

• 2 Likes
  • 12 Replies