Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello, anyone use BigBlueButton? When I click screen-sharing, my desktop displays screen-within-screen and is unusable. When I disable screen-sharing, I can see my lecture notes fine. Any ideas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Is there a way to restrict video  downloads such that the file is only viewable in a module and that students are not prompted/allowed to download to their local machine? All recommendations from this discussion are not work to video  https://...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it always the creator of the conference (in Canvas (bigbluebutton)) that is the moderator, or can this role be assigned?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As my Header states, I'm uploading videos for asynchronous course delivery.  I've placed a graded quiz at the end.  The quiz shows up in assignments.  When I test the quiz within Canvas, I can take it as many times as I want.  I want the students to ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I access recorded conferences?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

##I do not know how to post my assignment into the discussion board.  Please advise

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I have students break into smaller groups within our class time and then come back together to share?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to live-stream a lecture using Canvas? We are going remote because of the coronavirus.

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm trying to create a Postman request that will create a new course, but I have a couple of questions.First, are all of these Request Parameters, that do not say "optional" in the description, at Courses - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation  required...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have existing content in a course and need to shift all the dates by one week. Do I have to export/import to do this or is there an easier way?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a Canvas account for my classes on my own, not through my university employer, but I do not have administrator privileges on my account. How can I change this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Due to the COVID-19, the school I work at is going online for a couple of weeks. I would like to know the easiest way to record lessons and upload them to canvas.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Timed Quiz --- Duration Beyond "Until" date and time.Details:Let's say I set up a "timed quiz" to last 80 minutes, and I assign an open window as follows:“Availability from” Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 9:00am and set an “Until” date and time of Tuesda...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that the chat saves automatically, but I would like to save the chat as a pdf and then post that pdf in the day's module. That way, students can easily find it when they review, rather than scrolling through tons of chats, in the case that we ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Dear Canvas Support,I just spent about a half an hour online with one of your support staff.  I am a faculty member at Pasadena City College. I am having a serious issue with getting Canvas to work on an older MacBook Air computer running OS 10.8.5. ...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When grading assignments in speedgrader, I often highlight a selection of text so the student knows what was missing or what I'm commenting on in their response.  On the student end however, the highlighted text shows up as a yellow block.  The text ...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I set up the gradebook so assignments, tests, and labs all have different weights?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

DO I have to open a first semester course for students to see the notes and review sheets to study for a test at the end of the year?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create a signup sheet where the students pick their term paper topic.  I have a list of about 25 topics to choose from and I want only 1 student to signup for each topic.  Is there a way to do this in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Friends,I've got a weird problem that I can't seem to get any straight answers about. I am creating content in Articulate Rise and then exporting that content as a SCORM 1.2 package - which is still just essentially HTML, CSS and Javascript. I ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a simple way to pull a comprehensive report that shows all teacher activity in Canvas over a selected time frame?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I remove the To Do list on the students' home page?  It is misleading since it doesn't include ungraded assignments.  I want them to go to my schedule to know what to do.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been using Canvas for several years but I have never had this happen to me before. I'm seeing a black exclamation point in my grade book and when I click on it, I am sent a message that reads "Couldn't find a report for that submission". Does th...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to have a discussion with students in lieu of in person review session, but the Discussion is not enabled for students, they can't access it.  How do i fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any reason to prefer ConferZoom over the BigBlueButton Conference feature? I work within the California college system if that is relevant. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since I am a Canvas admin, I received the attached PDF.  My principal does not want me to share it with my teachers since understandably, they are on overload.  Rather, he wants me to come up with 5 top tips for teachers.  What 5 top tips would you r...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make files and announcements visible to students? It currently has a symbol next to it which says it cant be visible to students.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My name is PrinceI am a canvas admin and I would like to know how to add the SIS Import feature on the menu of canvas free version.May you please help?Thank you.Email: princekagame@daviscollege.com

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In light of the quick changes from in-person class to 100% online, I have to cancel group projects, which are worth up to 20% of the overall grade. Given this change, if I don't submit any grade in that "assignment" category, will that then "penalize...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to filter all ungraded assignments in the Gradebook. There are more than 100 students and visually scanning the waiting to be graded assignments icons won't be efficient at all. I couldn't find a way of doing this, anyone has been through this...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies