Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I keep getting an error saying: "An error occured. Network request failed" on the app and on the actual website I can't email past courses. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i add a youtube file to a class module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the current Roll Call Attendance tool, it adds points to the final grade unless we made some changes in setting. Is there a way to see all the courses grade not being affected by Roll Call Attendance assignment from admin level?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Folks,I have followed the quick start from Quick Start · instructure/canvas-lms Wiki · GitHub to install the Canvas on my Mac.I noticed there were not many options for the admin role to chose from. My local instance only provides Course, Term, Tea...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of the assignments completed throughout the semester in my class is participation reflections.  These occur between 15-20 times during the semester, are completed using the Canvas discussion board, and are graded as either complete or incomplete....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I looked for user settings in canvas in the guides, and other places but nothing found.Is it the filters or firewalls on my computer or something on canvas I need to change?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My institution is looking for a new way to proctor exams that is both effective and convenient for the student. In the past we had the proctor sit with the student, then after the exam the proctor fill out a proctor form but we are moving away from t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I make Announcements visible to students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are at the beginning of our Canvas journey and I've been tasked to replicated the permissions available to the teaching staff in our current VLE. Currently staff are able to view all courses in their school and enroll themselves in any course as e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to record audio on canvas but it says I need to allow access to my microphone and webcam. The option isn't popping up for me to give access. What do I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How would i set up the following: From SME: Finally, I need a mechanism for handling people who miss the session for whatever reason. I plan to do this as follows. (a) they need to read the case and submit the pre-class assignment like everyone else....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've created quizzes in Canvas that are Fill In The Blank.  I've given each question a potential 2 points.  After students have taken the quiz, the quiz is scored incorrectly.  Some incorrect answers are give the full 2 points, some correct answers a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student with a disability that needs more time to complete an assignment. Currently the assignment allows 30 minutes to complete (within a 24 hour window). I need to double that time to an hour (within the same 24 hour window). I can double ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

HiI'm finally trying mastery paths and it is NOT going well at all. I've had support look twice and still cannot get this to work as intended. Maybe my thoughts on how it works is wrong. Here is the idea:A student takes a diagnostic quiz worth 7 poin...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In 'Student View', I am seeing rows for "Not Graded" and "Publish Later"? Are my student's seeing this? If so, how do I make those go away? Students are likely to see "Not Graded" and think there are assignments still to be graded that they have not ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

What is your recommendations on internet bandwidth connectivity for 800-1,000 students simultaneously taking exam in Canvas LMS?

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why can't I find the rubric?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi where do I find the academic integrity tests? thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to create a short video for an on line course...where do I find movie creator icon?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-12-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I insert a map from internet to my paper on discussions board?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm asked to provide a 3 minute video for a course and I cannot find the icon...I see it here but not in the course? advice?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am just beginning setting tasks and developing my markbook (used to use google classroom) How can I test the work I have set- I have a "test student" listed in my class and in my markbook.Thanks,Camille

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-18-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Can I add grade points from tests that are not on canvas to my canvas grade book so that it can hold all of my grades (points) and students can see their grades assembled?  If so how?Deanna Horjus-Lang

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why am I having so much trouble uploading images to my quizzes? This is a recent issue - I never had this problem last year. I will upload it, it shows on the upload screen, but nothing is added to the quiz question. This is an intermittent problem, ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I registered to take my Abuse Inservice 2 course for my CNA and I think it locked me out because it won't let me click on the link, can you please unlock it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to upload a Word document into an assignment. I have successfully uploaded a PDF to this assignment but when I choose a Word document to upload, text stating "no file chosen" appears when i hit "upload." I have never had a problem with th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I had an assignment due for my students today. They all reported not being able to upload a docx file. They all had to re-save their Word documents in an older version of Word. This doesn't seem right to me. Is there a way for students to be able to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is anyone experiencing issues with hidden grades still being seen by students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In Pulaski HS Canvas(only browser) marking assigments as done doesn't work. Even if I mark an assigment as done in the phone app it still shows up in the browser.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to print off an assignment?  Not the results of the assignment but the assignment itself (quiz/test/homework).  Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies