Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do you assign a graded discussion board to multiple sections?  I've spent hours reading guides, but something is not working right.  I have the students divided into groups, making sure to select the box indicating students must be in the same co...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor and my speed grader does not seem to be working? My students are uploading assignments right now but I cant access speed grader 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why can't i select a class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Grades have gone missing. Unable to enter final grades for end of term

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-17-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I created a folder in Files, Papers Outlines. I've heard from one student there was no Upload button and one who said he submitted it to the folder but I do not see it. This is my first semester with Canvas so not much experience to draw on and not s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I find previously turned in assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am in a geography class and I am suppose to watch the video titled "An Inconvenient Sequel: Speaking Truth to Power" and when I click on the link it says the video is unavailable to watch and does not play. I need to watch this video by this coming...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I erase a course from my dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having some issues with some of the e-Lectures my neurology professor has uploaded to canvas. Essentially some of the lectures he has uploaded open in the canvas media player and give me full control to pause, play and skip ahead, much as you wou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A friend of me want to change groups with me to stay in a group with her roommate. I really want to know the specific steps.Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am new using Canvas and during the Canvas training I found my six classes already in Canvas. My question is: How may I start a new course on Canvas? Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, how do I find and use voice thread for presentations?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I used to be able to click on only the assignments I wanted to synch.  Now it doesn't give me that option.  I have to uncheck every assignment I don't want to synch.  When you have 65 assignments, that's not good.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On speedagrader there is no voice to text icon for me to use for comments

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can speed grader capitalize the first letter when using voice recorder? It sure makes it less speedy.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I pin my discussion that In created for students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Lately my canvas has not been working on my macbook laptop. This has never been a problem before, when I open up canvas the home page and all other pages stay blank. When i click on my courses i am able to go to my classes homepage, but once i click ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas is not loading properly.  My dashboard does not completely load up and will not allow me to navigate it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My dashboard is not showing any of my courses. How do I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I join Quizziz to use with my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between the designer and the instructor?  What if one is having to fulfill both roles?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to use a Rubric on a Discussion.  In the discussion I have peer reviews assigned so all posts to the discussion will get comments.  I just found out though that MY rubric is also a part of what the students have to fill out for me to see a "ch...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-26-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What happened with Canvas ? Why am I not able to find anything today ? It was so amazing to see everything on the first landing page! Give me back my yesterday’s Canvas! Guys, are you doing Canvas for yourselves or for us, students?! It was terrible ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been waiting for someone to contact me from canvas support since Monday, February 10, 2020. All I get from calling Teachers of Tomorrow is that my message has been forwarded and I should get a response within 24 hours. I've been waiting all we...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student assignment that was sent to me and I need to upload it to an assignment.  I can see how to upload ALL (after downloading) but not to add one student assignment.  Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I loaded a video on Tuesday, then it disappeared. When I try to reload, I receive an error message. The video will not load. Can anyone help with this? I am using a pc and not a Mac.  Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I go to send an email to my students through Canvas lately, an unwanted automatic suggestted subject line comes up below the field where I write the subject. It is something I will never use, and I don't know why Canvas automatically sugge...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I'm a TA and I use the rubric and speedgrader to grade assignments for a course.  I can hide grades for assignments successfully, But when I want to write the grade through speedgrader, it always somehow gets posted and released.  I don't know wha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i don't know how to put grades in the window in in Speed grader that's labeled  (window) OUT OF 0. what i want is to put in a traditional grade...a number out of 100. how do i do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to post a writing assignment and have students upload their essays in one place on canvas rather than digging through outlook email.  How can I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies