Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

how do I submit an assignment using the canvas inbox

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enable inline chat?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am enrolled in the Excell class and now it's missing from my dashboard?#9026

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I actually have two questions. 1. How do I grade students in speed grader just based on completion?2. How do I connect the speed grader grade book to powerschool?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add a colleague to a class after the class has ended?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there 2 different versions of Canvas ? Because my Canvas that I have been using for 3 semesters looks nothing like this. I watched a video that my history teacher put up about replying to discussions and so on...as he is navigating through the vi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1. Why are my quiz questions locked on my iPhone Canvas Student APP while they are not locked for access on computer?2. How can I change the default font size to 14 or 16 instead of 12 for my quiz bank establishment?3. How can transform my quiz quest...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

PATHOLOGY DHG 240. UNDER SETTINGS-THERE IS NO "CONCLUDE THIS COURSE"HOW SHOULD I CONCLUDE THIS COURSE

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone with "Observer" status download materials from a course site?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I keep getting an error saying: "An error occured. Network request failed" on the app and on the actual website I can't email past courses. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i add a youtube file to a class module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the current Roll Call Attendance tool, it adds points to the final grade unless we made some changes in setting. Is there a way to see all the courses grade not being affected by Roll Call Attendance assignment from admin level?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Folks,I have followed the quick start from Quick Start · instructure/canvas-lms Wiki · GitHub to install the Canvas on my Mac.I noticed there were not many options for the admin role to chose from. My local instance only provides Course, Term, Tea...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of the assignments completed throughout the semester in my class is participation reflections.  These occur between 15-20 times during the semester, are completed using the Canvas discussion board, and are graded as either complete or incomplete....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I looked for user settings in canvas in the guides, and other places but nothing found.Is it the filters or firewalls on my computer or something on canvas I need to change?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My institution is looking for a new way to proctor exams that is both effective and convenient for the student. In the past we had the proctor sit with the student, then after the exam the proctor fill out a proctor form but we are moving away from t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I make Announcements visible to students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are at the beginning of our Canvas journey and I've been tasked to replicated the permissions available to the teaching staff in our current VLE. Currently staff are able to view all courses in their school and enroll themselves in any course as e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to record audio on canvas but it says I need to allow access to my microphone and webcam. The option isn't popping up for me to give access. What do I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How would i set up the following: From SME: Finally, I need a mechanism for handling people who miss the session for whatever reason. I plan to do this as follows. (a) they need to read the case and submit the pre-class assignment like everyone else....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've created quizzes in Canvas that are Fill In The Blank.  I've given each question a potential 2 points.  After students have taken the quiz, the quiz is scored incorrectly.  Some incorrect answers are give the full 2 points, some correct answers a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student with a disability that needs more time to complete an assignment. Currently the assignment allows 30 minutes to complete (within a 24 hour window). I need to double that time to an hour (within the same 24 hour window). I can double ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

HiI'm finally trying mastery paths and it is NOT going well at all. I've had support look twice and still cannot get this to work as intended. Maybe my thoughts on how it works is wrong. Here is the idea:A student takes a diagnostic quiz worth 7 poin...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In 'Student View', I am seeing rows for "Not Graded" and "Publish Later"? Are my student's seeing this? If so, how do I make those go away? Students are likely to see "Not Graded" and think there are assignments still to be graded that they have not ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

What is your recommendations on internet bandwidth connectivity for 800-1,000 students simultaneously taking exam in Canvas LMS?

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why can't I find the rubric?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi where do I find the academic integrity tests? thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to create a short video for an on line course...where do I find movie creator icon?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-12-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I insert a map from internet to my paper on discussions board?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-12-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm asked to provide a 3 minute video for a course and I cannot find the icon...I see it here but not in the course? advice?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies