Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have two classes that are identical that I want to be able to duplicate the material without having to make each course from scratch

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I tried to add a student to my canvas class; it said pending however the student never received and email inviting them to the class. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I register for an additional course in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not receive emails for notifications because my Canvas account is not linked to one, how do I change that?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there, just wondering how I adjust my settings so students get a notification when I have posted a new announcement? At the moment my dashboard doesn't send a notification on the little speaker icon. Is there a way of enabling this? 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I searched the guides and it looks like currently this option is unavailable. I have a physical disability. I use Canvas both as an instructor and a student. At the moment, I am using it as a student in a creative writing class so this feature would ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can Canvas calendars, agenda, etc. be repopulated from one year to the next?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when i enter in the student grade after viewing the assignment, what do i do to have it automatically in the grade book.

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I remove teachers from a course? I am a teacher, and I was added as a teacher in some courses to help the course teacher with canvas set up and issues. I no longer need to be a part of the class.

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I created a course.  How can I add a picture to it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to track who and how many students are viewing my class canvas page? 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an instructor, I have unsubscribed to a certain Discussion topic (but I am still subscribed to others). However, I still receive an email notification for each comment posted on the Discussion topic to which I have *unsubscribed*. How do I (a) sto...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you add homerooms sections to another homeroom section?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who has taken a Kaltura Video Quiz (in Chrome), but the questions aren't popping up. Several others have taken it with no problems, and I have taken it as the test student with no issues.Is there anything I can to to reset the quiz f...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I posted a question on my discussion board and mistakenly put the wrong date on when it would disappear. Can I fix that and bring back the question?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does "word bank" mean for a new quizzes fill in the blank question?  Does that mean word you list will be counted correctly?

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I accidentally deleted a recorded conference.  Is there a way to undelete it?  I tried the method of including /undelete at the end of the course url.  The conference was not available to be recovered.  Help? 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why do the images I add to quizzes keep disappearing ?  It is very frustrating.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need, if possible, to transfer all of the course files from a winter 2019 course to a new spring 2020 course site. so as to avoid having to download all of the files individually.  (Some of the original files were lost.)

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,We offer a three-week mini session in the summer and courses will now be fully online due to COVID-19. Our faculty typically teach these classes in a face-to-face, five days a week format during this period. Does anyone have any tips or resourc...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why do I keep getting the "Woops... Looks like nothing is here! We couldn't find that page!" when trying to create an assignment. I've tried creating assignments a couple of different ways, but I keep coming back to the "Woops" page.Page Not Found

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Once I hide an assignment, how do I get it to show again?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Good afternoon,I was not sure to ask when my April Microeconomics class would be available. I am stuck at home I would like to set things up ahead of time, if I may. Thank you.Opie

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm stuck. I have created my profile and updated my notifications as well as completed a bio. That's as far as I can get. I've been working on this for over an hour, feeling really frustrated and dumb! How can I get assistance other than reading othe...

• 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So, when creating a quiz, an instructor wants to assign the quiz to just a couple students.When the instructor goes to the "Assign to" field, and clicks inside the field, Canvas auto-displays a drop down window with a list of sections, student names,...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

1.  Can you set up a conference for a certain time within the set up?  2.  Do you have to invite all students in your course or can you just invite one class at a time?  How do you do this if it is possible?3.  Is there a way for teachers to write on...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for student to have access again to CANVAS account? He disenrolled 6 March 2020 from OUSD-Lincoln Middle

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created my class in Canvas. I went to push Publish and it says I need to confirm my registration in the email. I went to the email and clicked the link but it says I already completed the process. (Some of the problem may have come from completing ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies