Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I'm using the free version in my classes right now.  My students created accounts using the link provided in settings.  They created new accounts.  When it asked for their username, it never allowed them to set a password.  Now they are trying to log...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We wants students to be able to take the quiz twice: first time just seeing correct/incorrect responses. On second try, seeing full explanation of correct and incorrect answers (all options). In setting up a quiz, is it possible to give students mult...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just signed up for the Red Light, Purple light course. It has my account all set up on canvas, with that course available. But when I click on course overview, or modules, etc, nothing opens up. Thanks,Kristen

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to get hold of a copy of my Canvas Certification.  I completed training sometime late 2016/early 2017 through Lake Tahoe Community College, but have no copy of the certification.  Does Canvas maintain one?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

[skip to below for actual question]After looking at the 'Enhanced RCE', I noticed that many of the available commands that used to be one click away are now buried in sub-items in the menu. Thinking back to my basics of web design almost 30 years ago...

• 8 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have published a module but forgot to add the requirement.  The module contains only one assignment, and viewing that assignment should be required.  Unfortunately, some, but not all, students have already fulfilled that requirement.  Can I find ou...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Anyone knows where I can submit my assignment to check for errors? 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Canvas Community IDs!We are transitioning to Canvas this May. In our (soon to be) old LMS we have a multitude of Online student resources,  Netiquette documents, Code of Ethics survey and other various items of the sort. The resources were temp...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In looking through help information, I see the following:  If your institution uses the Respondus LockDown Browser LTI, the Respondus option will not appear under Quiz Restrictions and Respondus LockDown settings can be managed from the LockDown Brow...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am being asked for the up-time of our canvas instance.  Is this published anywhere?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can't get onto canvas with a surface tablet?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do i create a drop menu or accordian menu within Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can students see each other's peer reviews? In other works if Sue and Jim do peer reviews of Tom's paper, can Sue see Jim's annotations on speed grader, or Jim's comments in the rubric, or anything Jim posted under assignment comments, including uplo...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I used New Quizzes today for the first time. I like it! I did not want my students to see their score after taking the quiz, so I checked the appropriate boxes. See below.Unfortunately, when a student finishes the quiz, and goes back to the Assignmen...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi all!  We are starting to prepare our entire campus here at FAU (Boca Raton, FL) for anything that might happen due to the Coronavirus, such as students needing to work off campus due to quarantine or if the campus needs to close.  The President re...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 Replies

There is an announcement that gives me access to the course syllabus. I need the syllabus for a specific homework assignment. The announcement will not show up on carmen. I can only assume that I accidentally erased it.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there the possibility of adding an image/jpeg to the instructor annotations on assignments? My students submit forms that I must sign. Being able to attach a jpeg of my signature would make it so much easier.

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hoe kan ik ervoor zorgen dat cijfers alleen zichtbaar zijn voor de docent en de betreffende student, niet voor andere studenten uit dezelfde groep?Dit bericht is vertaald met Google Translate.Subject: Grades only visible for individual students (and ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for the teacher/designer's view of Quizzes to be sorted?I'm not sure what this sequence is (perhaps creation date?) but it's not very intuitive to navigate and use. Only an issue for staff - not students.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am using an aging MacBook Pro from home, just as I have been in every other semester.  For some reason, though I am able to access CANVAS and open a course, but empty screens with no information show up for GRADE, ASSIGNMENT, ANNOUNCEMENTS, etc. wh...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot see all the subjects i should have access too in the Dashboard.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you use a stylus pen in speed grader in Canvas?

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Trying to attach a power point file I uploaded,but it states closed when in student view. How do I open it so students can see

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why does 'my to do list' not show up in canvas calender? #calendar to-do

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to clear an unread announcement that isn't accessible? I think my instructor published different announcements to certain groups and one mistakenly went to the wrong people and was later removed or hidden from us. I've ended up with a ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

hey Mr.Cherry I wandering the pin for KAHOOT is sorry for bothering youit's Alex martin

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I go about adding my LinkedIn profile to my page?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,We recently received an email from one of our LTI vendors about upgrading to LTI 1.3, and I was wondering - as a Canvas account administrator, what needs to be done on my end to begin migrating our LTIs?I've seen some instructions regarding wh...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The ability to enable offline content does not seem to be available in the free for teachers version of Canvas.  Is there some way to test this feature with the free tier?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to make a copy of the course.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies