Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,I am trying to create an LTI Tool provider integration of our tool for Canvas. However, we seem to have hit the wall when building the registration service. Would be greatly appreciate for any pointers or sample apps that can help us guide through...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have someone at my college who talked with Canvas support and they said that New Quizzes would become the only option for quizzing during this year (2020). Does anyone have any information on that? Thanks for anything you know!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have access to my instructor's biochemistry course, but when I click the link to his quizzes, the questions do not come up. He thinks its a problem on my end, so what should I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Sometimes teachers will submit tickets to me panicking  because students can't access a Page.   Often the issue is that the "Allow in Mastery Paths" checkbox is checked -- and unchecking it solves the problem.   This has happened to me a couple of...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am logged into canvas, and I can check my email, but my classes are not showing up on my dashboard. Until today, there were no problems. Please help. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-11-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why doesn't Canvas make it possible to order the announcements manually? When you've copied them from a previous course, they are not changed to the new posting date so are often out of order. Why isn't manual ordering allowed?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What happened to the To-Do calendar option? I use to be able to enter the assignments I wanted to work on and assign that work to my classes (ie color coded to that class). I noticed at the beginning of February that the To-Do option is now gone and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I see my courses? I have a class starting on the 15th, Im wondering if its just because the instructor hasnt posted anything or if im not using the right search engine? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I manage multiple sections of a course--a chemistry laboratory. We treat the sections as individual courses in Canvas so that each instructor can send specific announcements, and manage grades separately. I am enrolled as a Designer in sections t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I make a video for my students and put that video into an Announcement-email to my students.   Dan

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I couldn't get on the time management interactive on my laptop but I can on the app on my phone the same thing happened with the introduction replies.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I play the video narration submitted in a slide presentation?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-12-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can students sync their calendars with Google Calendar?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

At present I must scroll through the entire string of comments from 27 post-graduate learners plus 2 facilitators. In addition, content tracking for keywords is unavailable due to the lack of a search command. It’s almost impossible to acquire the bi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher trying to have students attach an image and then also attach a file from the google drive.  It does not do both when the students submit.  Is this possible, or does the student have to submit the assignment once then go back and subm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I completed the online IV course and have not received an email for my certificate.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a quiz that was timed for 10 minutes. I left and came back and it said I had already completed the quiz and I got a 0. I don't have any attempts left... What am I to do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I have a student at my school who needs to take German 3. Is anyone familiar with an online course designer or company that has content for foreign language, specifically German? I have an instructor who can custom tailor the course, but does n...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I access a particular subject/assignment from the previous semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How does a teacher send a message to more than one course at the same time? Example if he/she is sick and wants to tell all her students that day that the classes are cancelled.Is there a way for me as Admin to enable this for the teachers at our ins...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

how can I, if possible change my canvas page color I have a problem and prefer reading black on yellow. it helps a lot

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of our users has asked the following question, but I am not sure if there is any feature on Canvas to change line length?"Is there anything you can do (or ask the platform to do) about line lengths on the pages of reading? I checked one just now,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I put in a picture on canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where can I access the film "babies" I need to analyze it for my class ASAP and ive tried looking for it to no availplease send the link immediately 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why am I not getting any emails regarding updates on canvas, nor is there a code being sent to my phone when I input my number. I used to get updates now I don't and I already made sure everything is turned on in the settings already. please help thi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Says Due on (date) and available til (later date) am I penalized for submitting late?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I open my canvas on my laptop my Dashboard just looks like it is continuing to load and I can not open any of my courses. When I go through the courses on the left hand side I can open them, but say the Grades tab will open but have a completely...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to use the app on my phone, but I don't have my school registered with canvas. How do I do that so I can use the app? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

would like to know where to locate word, power point and ecel on uccs portal

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for me to hide the tabs that my teacher is not using? Is there a way for me to request for them to hide the tabs or how would you reccomend asking them? Some of my teacher's icon pages are very jumbled and it would be easier to navigat...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies