Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I sometimes will leave a comment for a student in Speedgrader. They have told me that they respond to those comments. Where do I find those?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am unable to add a new module in CANVAS ... I am also unable to utilize the "help" button in CANVAS ... I am unable to view any of the assignments I have previously created in CANVAS ....HELP

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enable an audio or video email in Canvas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you have students label a diagram of the heart, for example, with LockDown Browser and Webcam?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I'm new to Canvas and I teach Study Skills .  I have 2 sections for 7th and 8th grade and both sections are published.  I never really had to use it because everything was done in class.  However, I'm having a hard time adding assignments and ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that I can separate my discussion boards by section by using the "Post to" option, but when I do that the "Graded" option is disabled. Based on what the Canvas Instructors' Guide says, this shouldn't happen, but it does. Is there a way to fix ...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to send out group messages. Is there a Select All?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I import a Word text file full of test questions into Quizzes?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Sending to two sectionsI have two different sections of Hum. 10.  Is there a way that I can set things up so that anything I put into one section automatically goes into both sections?  (announcements, modules, videos, etc)?  I was able to import an ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I upload a word file or a powerpoint file from my computer, into my canvas course--i dont know where to start?? Thomas McCormick

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't load in anything from YouTube. I have never had this problem before Anyone have any suggestions?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have just finished writing my first quiz on Canvas.  When I was writing it, it always asked me to give the right answer first.  But now when I preview my work, the right answer is still always the first one in the list.  Is that how the students wi...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do my students use the Calendar to support Executive Function skills?I see how the calendar is built off the teacher's planning, but how can the students who need to learn self-planning use the calendar to help them organize themselves and get th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am creating discussions between groups of people. I already have the groups. How can I connect 2 groups together so that they can do a discussion task together? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How does the access code function work in Quiz details?

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I unpublish an old course?  When I click on the older course & view it, the publish vs. unpublish buttons are no longer available.

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how do you move a lesson created in assignments to a module?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I login in to Canvas, can see my dashboard, can click on a course, but as soon as I click on a link in a module, I am prompted to login again. This occurs on Google Chrome and incognito mode for Chrome. Not an issue on Safari, but didn't know if anyo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the file size limit for uploading to a Canvas source site?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'll bet this an easy question.While we're doing Remote Instructions starting next Monday, I would like to use Zoom with my students (and I have registered myself for Zoom in Canvas as requested by IT).  I believe my format even with Zoom will be as ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey, everyone! I'd like to prohibit this action in Canvas. I wonder why due date changes are not included in the 'Notify users this quiz has changed', which is to say that notification to users of this 'change' seems like something I should be able t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I enter student view to preview a quiz or a survey (just to make sure it works ok), when I return to teacher view, it won't let me unpublish it because it thinks students have submitted answers.  (it was just my student view- Practice Student)  ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to make a quiz in Canvas for the first time.  I keep trying to add a 5th question.  I save it but it does not show 5 questions on the preview.  Am I limited to 4 questions or less on Canvas quizzes?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone,Does anyone know how to push an information page to all Course Shells in a sub-account? We have a page in our Online Learning Canvas shell with a lot of information that we want to share with Faculty and Students. We think (but might b...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HELLO!Could someone supply a quick and easy list of Accessibility/Universal Design rules?I'm migrating on-ground courses to CANVAS. If I could start with having some of the basic guidelines employedregarding my Pages/DOCS/PowerPoints/Announcements, t...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach a double section of one class.  Im trying to merge the two sections into one class.  How do I cross list a class section into another class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a function that I can turn on that will allow my students to see one another during a canvas conference?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student submitted an assignment under the wrong assignment.  It is an essay draft that I was going to comment on via Speedgrader.  Can I reset or reallow her to resubmit the correct assignment under the correct name?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How  do you close a chat session?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies