Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am trying to access Waypoint. It keeps asking me for my user name and password, which it has never done before. I have tried all three possibilities (my student email, my gmail, and my student id) and none of them work. As it has never asked me thi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is crosslisting a section the only way to share content between sections/courses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to time limit an assignment?  For example: I have students do proofreads to improve their editing skills, as well as increase awareness of mistakes in their own writing. I want to limit the time for the assignment to prevent copying/pa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi. I'm trying to export exam questions from McGraw-Hill Connect and import them to Canvas. Is there a way to batch upload ("transfer questions at once")? Or do we have to transfer individual questions manually?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My students submit assignments in html format - it's output from RMarkdown. The speedgrader doesn't appear to give me the option to mark up or add inline comments to the assignments. Am I missing something or is Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for a book or books to use with my teachers in the fall with a book study.  It is for a technology thread in the teacher leadership academy.  Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated.

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to set up a coursemail. How do I do it? I use to be able to create one with umeg easily.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When making a matching question in quizzes.next, I have the option of adding Additional Distractors. However, when I go to type in the box to add distractors, I can only type one letter at a time. I type one letter, and the box suddenly deselects and...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help in registering my courses. There is something that I am missing. I have followed the directions but the courses will not publish. Please help me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,I am trying to do some testing regarding Broken Link notifications and I am trying to trigger the system to send me one. What are the specific circumstances that causes one of these notifications to be sent? I have located a dead link and copy-pas...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-05-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When I log into canvas on my laptop I am not able to pull up assignments or quizzes. Anyone know how to help with this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I migrate files from one year to the next on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

so i have one problem with my quiz i finish my three first quiz but when i try finish my last quiz the computer tell me i cant what are need to do ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I manually increase or decrease the size of all assignment columns at the same time in the Gradebook?  Right now I can manually increase or decrease the size of any individual assignment column in the Gradebook one at a time which takes a lot...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Up until this year, coursemail was available and it worked great. Produced a seamless email address to contact the entire class. Now, it's gone. Why? I'd like it back. Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,I need to make audio files available to my students on quizzes but I can't have them downloading those audio files.  How do I do that?   I can do it for assignments but quizzes force students to download the audio files onto their computers.  ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If i post an assignment for online submission, for a letter grade, will the students automatically get an F grade if there is no submission after the due date?This appears to be happening, and I am hoping to understand what is causing the F grade to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is the group number being change from string to number and now back to string? I have a script that reads the submitted files names and creates TA grading groups. For the past two years, I've had to edit my code to accommodate the number group nu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a faculty who is using Quizzes for an exam that only has open-ended questions (5 Qs). I want to make sure they are prepared for any technical issues that may arise. The key one I'm trying to find out is how often, if at all, does Canvas auto s...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm working with a school district that is adopting Canvas for the 20-21 school year. The building principals are wanting some course examples that would help them design a course for their staff. Can anyone direct me to some good resources for this?...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I imported some assignments from another course and now they are in my imported assignments of the course I am creating. However, I am having a hard time moving an imported assignment into a Module. I have moved the imported assignment into my ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My announcements won't open up in my canvas under my course name? What to do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get a Join Code?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am in early childhood.  I was las in school in 1996 so this is all new to me.  I saw where assignments can be resubmitted?  I got off to a late and confused start.  Is there a way canvas has a "how to" basic guide for newbies?  I see late, missing,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just testing out the new content editor - it seems it is no longer possible to use an image as a link??? You are required to enter text before you can save any changes and this simply overwrites the image - please tell me that isn't intentional???

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am creating a fax template, the fax template required for this assignment is not available to me. the instructions say that it can be found in the student data file (SIM) How do I find this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi team,I have noticed these two related bits of information on the Canvas Community:This page says that the "New Quizzes" function will replace the classic Quiz function in 2020: What is New Quizzes? This page says that surveys are not included in N...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-05-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

can I delete a course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

我可否在中國內地使用CANVAS呢?Can I use CANVAS in China?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between Google Drive LTI and Google Drive as a registered service?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies